The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill traded to Titans!

+4
white1
rightchea
Degarmo
JMP
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill traded to Titans! - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill traded to Titans!

Post by JMP Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm

finfanatic wrote:

JMP - I think you are completely wrong about Fitzpatrick. If this dude doesn't turn into a Pro Bowler and become the leader of the defense I will be shocked. I do admit, he looked underwhelming in the defense last year, but underwhelming is a good description of the WHOLE sordid defense last year.

DOn't get me wrong - I like Fitzpatrick. I think he's a very smart player that has an overall strong skillset. But Pro Bowler? I don't see it. When I watched him at corner last season, he looked a step slow when trying to cover #2 receivers, and his technique when the ball is in the air is flat-out bad. Now, maybe scheme can overcome those things, but I'm not sure. Very good player and he will be a key part of the defense...I just don't think he'll ever be a great player. The good news is, we don't necessarily need him to be great in this defense. As we see in New England year after year, that defense is more about scheme than specific players.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill traded to Titans! - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill traded to Titans!

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:23 am

JMP wrote:As we see in New England year after year, that defense is more about scheme than specific players.

Exactly, teach the players to THEIR TASKS in the scheme (and with the Pats, it could be a different scheme every week!) and Only those tasks; make them understand that if every player does their tasks, the whole defense will be successful.

I still think Fitzpatrick should be ALOT better than he showed in his rookie year.

We shall see.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2