The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Wilkins is the man

3 posters

Go down

Christian Wilkins is the man Empty Christian Wilkins is the man

Post by JMP Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:56 pm

I cannot even put into words how happy I am that Christian Wilkins is a Dolphin. For too many years now, I've struggled to find a player on the Dolphins that I actually like and care about. Unfortunately, the vast majority of players on this team in the Philbin and Gase eras have been boring, uninspiring and, basically, lifeless. That changed last night with the selection of Wilkins. From the second he was drafted, he showed emotion, he showed that he cared, and he showed that he knows how to have fun (the Goodell bump is one of the best draft moments ever). Watching him last night was like a breath of fresh air, almost a weight lifted from my shoulders. Call me overdramatic, but the fact is, it's been really hard to be a Dolphins fan the last 5+ years. It's been a chore, and not even a little bit fun. I haven't liked the coaches, I haven't liked the players...I was just going through the motions. But now, I have a player I can root for and feel good about. Not only is he a very good player that fits exactly what this new coaching staff wants, but he is about as good a person off the field as I've ever seen. Just look at this:

He called himself “the total package,” but not in a conceited way.

But rather, as “someone who gives their all on the field, wants to be the best at what I do. But also the type of guy off the field who is going to try to do everything right, be the example. I lead in the best way I know how, serve my teammates, and do everything I can for those guys around me because I just feel like my purpose and my responsibility here on this earth and in life is to make everyone around me better and serve others.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article229718194.html#storylink=cpy

That is OUTSTANDING on so many levels.

Wilkins is the type of player that can make me proud to be a Dolfan again...and it's been a long time since I've felt that way.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Christian Wilkins is the man Empty Re: Christian Wilkins is the man

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:47 pm

"...I just feel like my purpose and my responsibility here on this earth and in life is to make everyone around me better and serve others.”

Wilkins gets it. And isn't it refreshing for someone in their 20s to say stuff like this instead of the usual SJW garbage? Maybe this next generation coming up after the millennials isn't so bad after all. How can it be when my nephews are a part of it? Smile

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 pm

I like the pick and do so more and more the more I read about the guy. At the moment I was excited about possibly getting Haskins or Lock but am trusting this era of Dolphin leadership knows what they are doing.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 pm

OMG OMG OMG THE PRODIGAL SON HAS RETURNED!!! cheers cheers cheers

Stay a while this time willya?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Sith in the house!! Hell yeah!!!

JMP