The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found This Interesting

+2
Degarmo
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Found This Interesting  Empty Found This Interesting

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:25 pm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Found This Interesting  Empty Re: Found This Interesting

Post by Degarmo Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:44 pm

That was a fun read. I don't want to see that list of coaches ever again.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:47 am

This stat is crazy:
Shula's winning percentage with the Phins was .658 - but in Dolphin games not coached by Shula, Miami only has a 0.462 winning percentage!

JJ and Wannstedt are the only other head coaches in Dolphin history with a positive winning percentage (not counting interim coach Todd Bowles).

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Nice analysis.

One name on the QB list...

Damon Huard - I still remember him having to come into the game when Dan had the shoulder/neck injury. Trailing 14 to zip in the 1st qtr, and led the Phins to victory!   I think that was the game that cost Pete Carroll his job.  

Apparently, Damon got the wine bug from Dan Marino as this article shows.

http://www.washingtonwineblog.com/blog/2016/4/14/interview-with-damon-huard-former-nfl-quarterback-and-co-owner-of-passing-time-winery

Found This Interesting  Image-asset
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:21 pm

QB DEAD LAST: Tannehill. Wow. And we gave that dude 7 years to prove without a reasonable doubt that he's NOT a franchise QB.

Congratulations Titans! Great trade!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:00 pm

white1 wrote:QB DEAD LAST:  Tannehill.  Wow.  And we gave that dude 7 years to prove without a reasonable doubt that he's NOT a franchise QB.

Congratulations Titans! Great trade!

Trust me I could dig up MULTIPLE articles from that same site showing just how mediocre Tannehill was, but even *I* don't like beating dead horses for that long.

Also, I hope Marino and Huard aren't getting high on their own supply...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 pm

I heard Vrabel answering why they have not signed Mariotta to a long term deal this morning.

Coach-speak for "The dude has ONE YEAR to PROVE he is the real deal or else we kick him to the curb!"

Be just our luck if Tannehill comes in for the Titans and plays lights out.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:46 pm

From what I have been hearing Vrabel told reporters that Tannehill is and will be a backup

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Tannehill is the starter for the Titans. He just has to wait until Mariota gets injured. Very Happy

I hope he plays great, he's a good dude. As long as he doesn't get in our way, in a couple years, when we're a good team again.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Degarmo wrote:Tannehill is the starter for the Titans.  He just has to wait until Mariota gets injured.  Very Happy

I hope he plays great, he's a good dude.  As long as he doesn't get in our way, in a couple years, when we're a good team again.

"..in a couple of years," Degarmo, you incurable optimist, you!

I HOPE Ross is serious about how to build the team. If so, I think it will take 3 years, assuming they get the QB position fixed.

If not, we may looking at a new HC in a couple of years and he may want to go back to the epic failure free agent fix model the Phins
have been using for years, cause their drafting sucks rotten carrot juice!

I just want to see a solid foundation set this year, to build on. If Rosen is the starter and shows he is the answer, so be it. If not, get the QB in next year's draft (and heck, I think I might take a QB next year ANYWAY!!!). And continue to build thru the draft.

For the three year model to work though, the draft picks from last year, and this year, HAVE TO BE at the very LEAST, solid starters. Better if a couple turn into
Pro Bowl players.

And the QB position has to be fixed.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Good post, FF.

Here's my three-year plan:
--2019 season = Fix the cap (already done) and set the foundation - win-loss record doesn't matter.
--2020 offseason = tons of draft picks, tons of cap space. Draft cornerstone players, sign YOUNG cornerstone free agents to reasonable contracts.
--2020 season = playoffs
--2021 season (and beyond) = contending for Super Bowls

This is all dependent on the coaching staff being the real deal, AND finding the franchise QB (Rosen or 2020 rookie).

But really, with the 2020 offseason shaping up to be an absolute game-changer for this franchise, this thing could turn around VERY quickly.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:01 pm

JMP wrote:Good post, FF.

Here's my three-year plan:
--2019 season = Fix the cap (already done) and set the foundation - win-loss record doesn't matter.
--2020 offseason = tons of draft picks, tons of cap space.  Draft cornerstone players, sign YOUNG cornerstone free agents to reasonable contracts.
--2020 season = playoffs
--2021 season (and beyond) = contending for Super Bowls

This is all dependent on the coaching staff being the real deal, AND finding the franchise QB (Rosen or 2020 rookie).

But really, with the 2020 offseason shaping up to be an absolute game-changer for this franchise, this thing could turn around VERY quickly.

Yup. This has been done over and over again. Just look at the Rams--no playoffs or even a winning season for 12 years (the Fins made the playoffs twice in that span) and then they hire the right coach and BAM~! 11 wins and the playoffs in his first year, 13 wins and the Super Bowl in year two. Not to mention JJ going from 1-15 to winning multiple Super Bowls 3 years after that (and the playoffs in two). Oh, and some guy named Shula turned the Fins around from four-year losers to the playoffs right away, and the Super Bowl the season after that, and an unbeaten season the year after THAT.

So yeah, if this team isn't in the playoffs in 2021 AT THE VERY LEAST then the rebuild can officially be considered a failure and it's time to start over. Again.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down