The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins coach Jim Caldwell leaving for medical reasons

+2
finfanatic
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Phins coach Jim Caldwell leaving for medical reasons Empty Phins coach Jim Caldwell leaving for medical reasons

Post by JMP Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 am

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article232640507.html

Dolphins assistant head coach Jim Caldwell has taken a leave of absence to address an undisclosed health issue and will serve as a consultant to the team for the 2019 season, the team announced Saturday.

Caldwell, 64, was also the Miami’s quarterbacks coach before leaving the team. A replacement has not been named, but it is believed that Jerry Schuplinski, the Dolphins’ assistant quarterbacks coach, will take on more responsibility in Caldwell’s absence.

The unfortunate, unexpected staff shakeup comes just 12 days before the Dolphins’ first training camp practice.

“I will be stepping back due to some medical complications that require my full attention,” Caldwell said in a statement. “I want to thank [Dolphins owner] Stephen Ross, [general manager] Chris Grier, coach [Brian] Flores and the rest of the organization for the support they have given me and my family.”

Damn, this a colossal hit to the Phins' coaching staff. I really thought Caldwell would be the key to developing both Flores as a head coach and Rosen as a QB. The tough road just got a little tougher for the Phins.

Of course, Caldwell's health comes first. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins coach Jim Caldwell leaving for medical reasons Empty Re: Phins coach Jim Caldwell leaving for medical reasons

Post by finfanatic Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Yep, the Phins sure could have used an experienced, seasoned hand on the Offense and working with Rosen. Especially if this season is gonna be the shyte burger I am expecting.

Hope Caldwell is okay first.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Phins coach Jim Caldwell leaving for medical reasons Empty Re: Phins coach Jim Caldwell leaving for medical reasons

Post by white1 Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Agree, I think Caldwell is key. Given what we expect this season, I'd lean towards giving more to the assistant (Shuplinski) and look at the position next offseason. If all goes well, perhaps Caldwell returns to the staff. If not, we will need a long term replacement for him.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Caldwell's 64 so this is likely it for him regardless. Good on him though for putting his health and family first.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm

I hope that he feels better and can get back to the thing he loves

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Coaching is terrible on people's health. Get better coach.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down