The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QB battle over before it began

+5
white1
Umix10
finfanatic
mercury22nathan
rightchea
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

QB battle over before it began - Page 2 Empty Re: QB battle over before it began

Post by white1 Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:41 am

Totally agree. Omar complained he's too slow processing reads. Really? This is something like his 6th offense in 6 years. Literally learning a new scheme each season. You think he's going to be "fast" right off the bat?

No, I'm not saying wait 7 years like we did with Tannehill to determine if he's the guy or not.

However, maybe get through 1 preseason game before we decide he's not the answer, and we need to punt?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

QB battle over before it began - Page 2 Empty Re: QB battle over before it began

Post by JMP Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Exactly, white.

And the coaches are seeing these guys live and in-person every single day. The fact that Flores is still calling this an open QB competition speaks volumes, to me, about where Rosen is at. Because let's be honest - if he looked like crap then the job would already have been handed to Fitz and there would be no reason for the coaches to use the term "open competition". This QB battle is getting closer every day, and the more comfortable he gets the more likely Rosen will be starting sooner rather than later.

One other note: the best QB in NFL history to ever play in a version of this system is some dude named Tom Brady. Brady threw a grand total of 3 passes in his rookie season. Anyone think the Pats should have dumped him because he was slow to pick up the offense and couldn't take the starting job from a mediocre veteran starter??? (I know this current Dolphins system is not exactly the same as the 2000 Patriots system...but it's close enough to make my point - which is: give it time.)

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:28 pm

BTW - reading all the camp reports from last week and today, it sounds like Rosen and rookie WR Preston Williams already have some amazing chemistry...Rosen has been completing passes to him constantly, including 7 of 8 for well over 100 yards in Staurday's scrimmage. I can't wait to see Williams in action!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:23 pm

I'm more than willing to give the guy a chance, and I hope he succeeds. I want them to become a winning franchise again.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:24 am

I HATE the idea of having to wait any longer to see winning team...but unfortunately, with the disatrous mess Tannenbaum and Gase made of this franchise, it's going to take time. But what has me excited is that for the first time in many, many, many years, I feel that we have a very capable and confident coaching staff to go along with a very capable and confident front office.

When you think about it, it's pretty amazing how much has already been accomplished - fixing the salary cap black hole and acquiring tons of extra draft picks have been done seemingly overnight, and there's been a legitimate re-making of the QB room. These are all massive steps in the right direction.

And as far as QB goes, if Rosen isn't "the man", the coaching staff will know way before the end of this season and the team can then position itself to draft a top QB prospect in 2020. We FINALLY have hope!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:02 am

Agreed, my hope lies with Brian Flores. I have a feeling he's the real deal. Chris Grier, now the actual GM, has done some really impressive stuff for a first-year GM (I know it's not, technically, but it really is his first year).

I'm not expecting them to win this season. I don't have a lot of confidence currently in Rosen, but I'm rooting like hell for him.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:50 pm

I see this season as that first one with a Madden franchise that Youtubers do where it's basically just getting it out of the way so you can start building a title team in the offseason.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I see this season as that first one with a Madden franchise that Youtubers do where it's basically just getting it out of the way so you can start building a title team in the offseason.

Yep, pretty much...just killing time till the 2020 offseason.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm

JMP wrote:Yep, pretty much...just killing time till the 2020 offseason.

Oh, you've done it now! I just couldn't resist Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:14 pm

Killer song!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Reading a lot of Phins news online, and by all accounts, the Phins feel Rosen is not ready yet and Fitzpatrick will likely begin the season as the starter.

I'm fine with this. Seems like Rosen still has a lot to learn with calling protections and reading defenses, so might as well let him continue to learn from Fitz.

That said, I fully expect Rosen to be our starter in week 6 - after the bye week. Let Fitz take a beating in the first 4 weeks, facing the Ravens, Pats, Cowboys and Chargers - that's a BRUTAL start, and we don't need Rosen getting shellshocked behind a developing OL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2