The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Nick Buoniconti

5 posters

Go down

RIP Nick Buoniconti Empty RIP Nick Buoniconti

Post by JMP Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 am

Seeing various reports that Nick Buoniconti has passed away at the age of 78. Crying or Very sad

I never got to see the man play live, but watching highlights of him for most of my life has cemented him in my mind as the measuring stick for every LB I watch. He was truly as good as it gets at his position, and despite being in the Hall of Fame I don't think he ever got the credit he deserved.

A sad day for the Miami Dolphins organization and fanbase. The word 'legend' gets thrown around a lot, but by any definition ol' # 85 was legendary. Rest in peace.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RIP Nick Buoniconti Empty Re: RIP Nick Buoniconti

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 am

Well...that sucks.

Anybody else remember him from that HBO show about the NFL? The one where he, Len Dawson, and some other guys would pick who they thought would win every week?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:02 pm

My brother and I were on the same plane as Nick when we went to Canton for Marino's induction. We didn't get to talk to him at all, but it was still a cool moment just to see him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:48 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Well...that sucks.

Anybody else remember him from that HBO show about the NFL? The one where he, Len Dawson, and some other guys would pick who they thought would win every week?

That was the initial, and best, iteration of Inside the NFL. I used to watch it religiously.

This is depressing.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:12 pm

Degarmo wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:Well...that sucks.

That was the initial, and best, iteration of Inside the NFL.  I used to watch it religiously.

This is depressing.  

I agree completely. The show has stunk it up ever since they canned Nick and Len. I didn't care for the NFL Insider guru they had working with them, but...

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Sad news. I watched him every week on Inside The NFL. There were times in those days I didn't even know if the Fins won or lost on Sunday until Thursday when the show aired.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down