The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing Ever Really Changes

+2
JEGnj
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Nothing Ever Really Changes  Empty Nothing Ever Really Changes

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:42 pm

In '07 the Pats made a serious run at 19-0 after just *happening* to acquire a star WR from the Raiders who just *happened* to suddenly turn into a model citizen after being a complete jerkass right up to when he signed with them, and the Fins made a serious run at 0-16 after getting a new head coach who clearly was in way over his head.

Fast forward 12 years and...nothing's changed. It's literally the same situation all over again.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Nothing Ever Really Changes  Empty Re: Nothing Ever Really Changes

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Things changed this season. They went after high priced pieces while keeping crap holding them back. This year they blew everything up. Problem is we've rooted and been defeated for so long the fan base is just beat.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:12 pm

JEGnj wrote:Things changed this season. They went after high priced pieces while keeping crap holding them back. This year they blew everything up. Problem is we've rooted and been defeated for so long the fan base is just beat.

Actually that philosophy wasn't around in '07, it only came later during the whole Parcells/Ireland fiasco. So I stand by my statement Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 pm

hearing that a couple players wanting to be traded

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Actually I stand corrected. One thing has changed. At least back in '07, even with the players knowing Cam was a joke, they still at least had SOME pride and tried to win, as evidenced by the six three-point losses. This team has apparently and literally given up already and somehow thinks other teams will be overjoyed to have members of a group who was just responsible for the worst loss of a team's history.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:16 pm

rightchea wrote:hearing that a couple players wanting to be traded

Good. Dump as much dead weight as possible for draft picks.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Dump every person we can and get picks. I take 30 new players next year.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:58 pm

I'm willing to take a wait and see approach.

I heard the media tell us the Patriots were about to revolt after Lawyer Milloy got cut in 2003 and the season opener was a 31-0 loss to Buffalo. Ended up being a lot of hot air.

Same media that kept telling us Wannstedt really was a good coach and Gase is a futuristic offensive mind despite what we could see with our own eyes week after week.

It's one game.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:24 pm

I agree the media want to make the Fins into a worst team then the 0-16 Lions. let's wait and see what happens

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:33 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I'm willing to take a wait and see approach.

I heard the media tell us the Patriots were about to revolt after Lawyer Milloy got cut in 2003 and the season opener was a 31-0 loss to Buffalo.  Ended up being a lot of hot air.

Same media that kept telling us Wannstedt really was a good coach and Gase is a futuristic offensive mind despite what we could see with our own eyes week after week.

It's one game.

Oh, you'll see all right. It won't take long, 1-3 days by my reckoning.

This isn't me wanting to be right for the sake of being right. This isn't me believing something will happen. This is me knowing it will. The one mistake I made was not speaking out against what I felt was wrong strongly enough or often enough because like everybody else I really wanted to believe that this was finally the start of a genuine turnaround. But I had bad vibes about Grier and Flores from the start.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 pm

rightchea wrote:I agree the media want to make the Fins into a worst team then the 0-16 Lions. let's wait and see what happens

Can you blame them? The Pats will be out for blood next week... affraid affraid affraid

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:01 am

I think the major difference is that today's generation of player has zero integrity, save for a few of the old-school mentality.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:25 am

One thing to remember. While the Pats had a great regular season with Moss, and he had three great statistical seasons in a row for them, they did not win a Super Bowl with him. No team that included Moss ever won the big one.

Same for T.O.

And same for Antonio Brown up to this point. And I'd wager that it won't happen this year, either.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:29 am

Degarmo wrote:I think the major difference is that today's generation of player has zero integrity, save for a few of the old-school mentality.

Right now Fitz and Kilgore seem to literally be the only players on this team who even want to keep playing anymore at all. Gotta love how millennials completely fall apart at the slightest mild inconvenience.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:30 am

HalCHorn wrote:One thing to remember.  While the Pats had a great regular season with Moss, and he had three great statistical seasons in a row for them, they did not win a Super Bowl with him.  No team that included Moss ever won the big one.

Same for T.O.

And same for Antonio Brown up to this point.  And I'd wager that it won't happen this year, either.  

I will pray every day and night from now until the start of February that you're right about this. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:46 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:I think the major difference is that today's generation of player has zero integrity, save for a few of the old-school mentality.

Right now Fitz and Kilgore seem to literally be the only players on this team who even want to keep playing anymore at all. Gotta love how millennials completely fall apart at the slightest mild inconvenience.

I still think Fitz should seriously consider retirement. He's only there and getting a paycheck because Rosen isn't a starter and they need someone to take the snaps and get murdered behind that line. He doesn't need this kind of crap, nor does he deserve it, and he's going to get seriously injured which will impact the rest of his life. I fully admire his integrity though, but that said, at some point he has to worry about his health, if not for his sake, his family's. He's a very smart man, so you know he didn't MC Hammer his money all away. He doesn't need this last paycheck.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:53 am

Degarmo wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

I still think Fitz should seriously consider retirement.  He's only there and getting a paycheck because Rosen isn't a starter and they need someone to take the snaps and get murdered behind that line.  He doesn't need this kind of crap, nor does he deserve it, and he's going to get seriously injured which will impact the rest of his life.  I fully admire his integrity though, but that said, at some point he has to worry about his health, if not for his sake, his family's.  He's a very smart man, so you know he didn't MC Hammer his money all away.  He doesn't need this last paycheck.

But then he'd be bailing just like your typical millennial. Which would cause the rest of the team to do the same, if they aren't thinking about it already.

Fitz has free will like everyone else. He made the choice to play for this team, if he chooses to keep going I will respect it.

The one I actually feel the worst for is Rosen. Unlike Fitz he didn't choose to be here, and from the moment he arrived things were being set up for him to fail.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 am

It's not bailing after you've had a 14-year (this one being the 15th) NFL career and you choose not to subject your 36-year-old body to a year of ridiculous punishment.

Don't worry, he won't retire until his career ending injury.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 am

Fitz retire?? Why? You think this is the first time he's been on a bad team and faced adversity? This is what he's done his entire career, and he ALWAYS picks himself up and gets back to work. He's a professional and he knows what he's doing.

I walked away from that game extremely impressed with him. He just kept fighting and never gave up. He's no quitter.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:45 am

I'm only concerned because of his age and his health. He's always been professional and tough. I'm pretty sure that was evident in everything I wrote.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum