The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isidora to IR

+3
JMP
rightchea
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Isidora to IR Empty Isidora to IR

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:43 am

another one down...

Guard Danny Isidora is the latest to be shelved; he was placed on injured reserve on Wednesday with a foot injury that requires surgery and will likely sideline him for the rest of the season, according to a league source.

To fill the roster spot, the Dolphins promoted receiver Isaiah Ford from the practice squad.

Isidora, a former University of Miami player, started the Dolphins’ first three games at right guard. Veteran Evan Boehm is the top candidate to replace him, though rookie Shaq Calhoun and perhaps veteran Chris Reed also could get a look.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article235080717.html

not sure this really matters considering the o-line is awful. it'll just be more of the same awful.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Isidora to IR Empty Re: Isidora to IR

Post by rightchea Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:48 am

Just another dead weight that Miami needs to get rid of.....I would try to find someone else in FA to replace him quickly

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:51 am

Phins also signed OT Andrew Donnal and cut DL Tank Carradine.

Donnal has bounced around the league and started some games for the Rams in 2017. Another "meh" player, but experienced depth if nothing else.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:58 pm

Chris Reed must be so bad that he has not been able to crack the starting lineup with this team. He had been here since day one of OTA. I actually thought he might have a chance to be decent. He did play for the Jags a couple years.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:45 pm

scotgif wrote:Chris Reed must be so bad that he has not been able to crack the starting lineup with this team. He had been here since day one of OTA. I actually thought he might have a chance to be decent. He did play for the Jags a couple years.

Yeah, I don't know what happened to him. I was looking forward to seeing him when he was initially signed. One thing about Reed: he played for our former OL coach that got fired (Pat Flaherty), so maybe he's not as much of a fit for what new coach DeGuglielmo wants to do.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:08 am

Wow. There is just so little on our roster that's worth keeping.

A handful of players literally.

One interesting point I thought of this morning. Coaches have talked about defensive schemes and complexity. For example, Arians was asked about what Bettcher runs in NY, he said it's a complex scheme and takes over a YEAR to implement, but then it's very effective.

I would *guess* Flores / Graham scheme is just as complex. A big reason we are seeing Howard running around lost as Cooper catches passes, linebackers and secondary confusion, along with our no-talent D line getting run over.

I would also *guess* a big part of this year is training the keepers on this scheme, so next year they are a core group that can help train up all the new comers? So, Howard, McCain, Baker, Eguavoen, Wilkins form the core, and all the draftees/free agents fill in around them. At least we have part of the foundation.

The offense will probably be starting from square one anyways, likely a rookie QB and a ton of new guys everywhere. Holding Fitzpatrick and/or Rosen would help alot to accelerate implementation of the scheme next offseason, even if they aren't starting.

Omar finally showed some optimism. He has sources he respects, and he says ALL OF THEM have a high level of respect for Marvin Allen. Hopefully, Grier is planning on handing him the keys to all of these draft picks. Even Grier must admit he's missed on a ton of guys, why not admit the problem and make a bold move to correct it?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:47 am

white1 wrote:Wow.  There is just so little on our roster that's worth keeping.

A handful of players literally.

One interesting point I thought of this morning.  Coaches have talked about defensive schemes and complexity.  For example, Arians was asked about what Bettcher runs in NY, he said it's a complex scheme and takes over a YEAR to implement, but then it's very effective.

I would *guess* Flores / Graham scheme is just as complex.  A big reason we are seeing Howard running around lost as Cooper catches passes, linebackers and secondary confusion, along with our no-talent D line getting run over.

I would also *guess* a big part of this year is training the keepers on this scheme, so next year they are a core group that can help train up all the new comers? So, Howard, McCain, Baker, Eguavoen, Wilkins form the core, and all the draftees/free agents fill in around them.  At least we have part of the foundation.

The offense will probably be starting from square one anyways, likely a rookie QB and a ton of new guys everywhere.  Holding Fitzpatrick and/or Rosen would help alot to accelerate implementation of the scheme next offseason, even if they aren't starting.

Omar finally showed some optimism.  He has sources he respects, and he says ALL OF THEM have a high level of respect for Marvin Allen.  Hopefully, Grier is planning on handing him the keys to all of these draft picks.  Even Grier must admit he's missed on a ton of guys, why not admit the problem and make a bold move to correct it?

Excellent points, white. It is definitely a complex scheme on defense, and will take time to fully implement.  Along with your observations, two other things to keep in mind about the D:

1. We have played 3 high-powered offenses.  The Pats and Cowbos are among the top offenses in the league.  And the Ravens shocked the world (not just the Dolphins) by coming out throwing and displaying a dynamic passing offense that was completely unexpected.  Really, it's simply not fair to face those three teams with a brand new defense and mostly brand new players!  And it won't get easier against the Chargers.

2. Right now, we have very little pass rush.  If and when we can generate a consistent pass rush, it will help all aspects of the defense.

Similar case on offense - things will look much better if and when we can get consistently good pass protection.  It is encouraging to see that there are always open recievres in this scheme, and if Rosen ever gets time to hit them (and they can catch the damn ball) - we could see this offense improve immnediately.

Yes, we need significnat talent upgrades across the board.  But honestly, even just adding 1 or 2 solid OL and 1 pass rusher would make a COLOSSAL positive impact on this team.  Obviously we need much more than just 2-3 players, but my point is that things may not be as hopeless as they seem right now - and it is fixable.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Too much of a turstile at OL. Cant really gauge what kind of an impact Rosen could have. The most frightening thing to me is if Rosen actually pans out next year after we took Tua overall number 1.

The strategy for me going in next off season is to sign a veteran OL. Aged or not, this will give us some time to groom our interior line and use the draft to get the skill positions.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Even with this shit offensive line, we can look for things about Rosen. Decision time, pocket presence, getting the ball out in pressure situations, situational awareness - all the stuff people would hammer Tannehill for. Keep that same mindset and apply it to Rosen.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Degarmo wrote:.........we can look for things about Rosen.  Decision time, pocket presence, getting the ball out in pressure situations, situational awareness - all the stuff people would hammer Tannehill for.

I am trying to stay positive but at what kind of evaluation would you give Rosen if he performs exactly like Tannehill. Because thus far to fault of Rosens' he is under performing just like Tannehill. Pressured just like Tannehill. Pocket presence? same. Pressure situations? same. Decision time? same. The offense is underwhelming by scheme and by personnel. How do you evaluate it any different?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum