The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Thoughts: Week 13: Eagles at Dolphins

+4
Degarmo
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 13: Eagles at Dolphins  - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Thoughts: Week 13: Eagles at Dolphins

Post by rightchea Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 am

I not sure about him or what he is thinking but if I was a coach in that situation then I would want to make players around the NFL see that I am a good coach and that I get keep the locker room together even if we trade good players. I would want these soon to be free agents see that I am more than capable to get wins with a bad team.

Everyone is talking about Tomlinson and how he might win coach of the year but at the same time his OL is decent, he has good WR and his defense was never bad. So the fact that Flores came back from 14 points and beat a team that everyone thought was going back to the superbowl. Players need to see that, they don't want to see players and coaches tanking for a first round pick.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Game Thoughts: Week 13: Eagles at Dolphins  - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Thoughts: Week 13: Eagles at Dolphins

Post by HalCHorn Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:12 am

Tomlin's team is overachieving this year, but IMO the Steelers underachieved with the most talented roster in the AFC from 2016-2018.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:49 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Also, I think it's time to bring up who Omar reminds me of again. I know I've told this story before but it's been awhile. (Takes deep breath.)

In college, there was this one girl who was basically allowed to have a race-baiting column for the school paper. (I think because of today's insanity people tend to forget that the '90s were pretty PC too.) Anyway, nobody really took her columns seriously until she stepped over the proverbial line. She wrote about how her and three of her friends were strolling along one of the many sidewalks on campus and saw someone coming towards them, who stepped off the sidewalk because there wasn't enough room for him to get past. Somehow, some way, this *really* triggered her, and she interpreted it as the most heinously racist act ever, going on a rant about "sidewalk jumpers". I wish I was making this up. For the next week or so, everybody I saw was talking about her and that column, and not in a complimentary way. Nobody could believe even she would be THAT absurd.

And then it happened. I actually had her in a class. I expected a fire-breathing dragon lady who would bite my head off. I just KNEW she would single me out and go off on me in front of who knows how many people, because this was the sport of thing that happened to me on a sadly regular basis at the time. (My so-called student counselor deliberately screwed me over because she became convinced I was talking about her weight, I kid you not. I literally had to spend an extra semester in school just because of that.) But instead what I got was...this mild-mannered, almost meek person who got along just fine with me Shocked You never would've suspected she was spewing all that anger and hate in the school paper. My point is, Omar is the EXACT SAME WAY. Every time I see one of his videos he's just some regular chill dude, the complete opposite of who he is when he gets to writing. So I don't take him as seriously as some of you seem to. Obviously he's got some issues but that's all it is, I don't think he even believes half the stuff he writes. Knowing how media works I'd even bet that he's ordered to write most of that stuff as a condition of employment.

That is a crazy story! And you're right about Omar...on Twitter and in his blogs he's a total jackass, but when I see videos of him or hear him on the radio he's actually pretty cool and well-spoken. Just another keyboard warrior I guess...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:56 am

like most people

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2