The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbelievable

5 posters

Go down

Unbelievable  Empty Unbelievable

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm

I have never seen such a bad call in an NFL game. How on earth can you send a play, a non call play to New York and have them call a pass interference penalty?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable  Empty Re: Unbelievable

Post by JMP Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:02 pm

That's the rule this season - PI can be reviewed, even if it wasn't called on the field.

It was a penalty - pure and simple. The refs missed it in real time, but the correct call was made after review.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:47 pm

SO...let me get this straight...something like 92% of PI reviews have been upheld this season even if they WERE blatant, but when it comes to the Fins all of a sudden a non-call gets reversed???

So damn typical SMH. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The Jets literally needed the officials to give them a win over a team that was supposed to be 0-16, that's nothing to be proud of.

SICKENING!!! DISGUSTING!!! DOWNRIGHT NAUSEATING!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:38 pm

I thought this was going to be about 7 god-damn field goals.

SEVEN.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Degarmo wrote:I thought this was going to be about 7 god-damn field goals.

SEVEN.

And yet even after all that this team was ahead and wins if the officials don't directly intervene and do what the Jets couldn't on their own.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 am

didn't they try to do this during the Colts game as well? The officials have it out for Miami

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Surely one of SEVEN times they could have gotten the ball into the end zone. I think the loss lies squarely there, not at the officiating.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:18 am

Nope, still blaming the officiating. You know it's reached an all-time low when the mighty Pats are getting screwed at home. That's Defcon 1 level right there. Even if we assume the PI call was correct, it still doesn't change the fact that more egregious examples of PI were being ignored and no-calls were being upheld on literally over 90% of reviews all the way up until about 2 weeks ago when all of a sudden the league decided to do a 180. There are too many rules and they are too arbitrary in nature and scope, and are only applied when officials are in the right mood. I would even go as far as to say the state of officiating is the worst crisis the NFL has ever faced in its existence. The entire premise of pro sports is that the competition is legit and determined by the skill level of the athletes involved, and I don't see how any sport can survive once enough people start seeing or even believing that the games are fixed. That would be the one thing that finally causes ratings to crater beyond the point of no return IMO.

Goodell being an ex-Jet employee and bent over backwards to give them a Super Bowl in their new stadium knowing the weather for that game could be worse than any other one in history doesn't help either.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:47 am

Pat McAfee has an interesting opinion on this. Essentially Al Riveron who is the head of officiating is a terrible leader. He was a bad official on the field, and basically stumbled into this job due to lack of qualified interest. Where are all the qualified guys? Working for the networks as apologists, or rather analysts.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 am

The officiating is certainly getting worse.

But my whole thing with the review process is this: if you're going to review a play, get the call right. That's all that matters. In this particular case, even though the Phins got screwed, the "review committee" got the call right. The system worked.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum