The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriots insider speculates Dolphins could sign Tom Brady in 2020

4 posters

Go down

Patriots insider speculates Dolphins could sign Tom Brady in 2020 Empty Patriots insider speculates Dolphins could sign Tom Brady in 2020

Post by rightchea Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:09 am

Kyle Crabbs wrote:This couldn’t actually happen, right? There’s no way the Miami Dolphins would possibly be in play as a short-term destination for future Hall of Famer and greatest quarterback of all-time, Tom Brady — right?
Well, it depends on who you ask. Because the Dolphins do certainly have a need at quarterback. Brady does have an expiring contract at the end of the 2020 season. And those who are on the Patriots beat seem to think there’s a reasonable chance that New England and Brady could be approaching a divorce sooner rather than later.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/11/patriots-insider-speculates-dolphins-could-sign-tom-brady-in-2020/

I would not want Tom Brady in Miami for the simple fact that he is getting old and the Pats doesn't look like a great team anymore.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Patriots insider speculates Dolphins could sign Tom Brady in 2020 Empty Re: Patriots insider speculates Dolphins could sign Tom Brady in 2020

Post by JMP Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:04 am

As I said in another thread, there's absolutely no reason for a rebuilding team to sign a 40+ year old declining QB to a (probably) $25+ million contract.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Patriots insider speculates Dolphins could sign Tom Brady in 2020 Empty Re: Patriots insider speculates Dolphins could sign Tom Brady in 2020

Post by white1 Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am

I'll dissent for a couple of reasons:

Brady's leadership (like Fitzpatrick) is invaluable for a young squad that's learning how to win.

Signing Brady to say a 3 year deal would be an outstanding bridge to get us from here to a healthy Tua.

Brady has no one to throw to outside of a rapidly aging Edelman. I'd love to see what he can do throwing to Parker, Preston Williams, Gesicki, and some mix of Ford/Wilson/Grant. He's not the problem in NE. His targets are the problem.

It's not all that far fetched. He knows everyone here - O'Shea and Flores primarily but I think there are others too.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 am

To me, it makes zero sense for both sides:

--Why would Brady want to go to a rebuilding team? The dude is 42 years old...you think he wants to rebuild???

--Why would a rebuilding team want to invest a huge amount of money into an aging declining QB? What is the point? The Dolphins aren't going to win with him, and by the time the team is ready to take that next step he'll be gone. Plus, Brady has shown zero ability to want to help develop a young QB - quite the opposite. Fitz is the ideal veteran QB for this team - he's cheap, and he embraces the mentoring role. He's the anti-Brady.

Looking around the league, I'm not sure there's too many ideal landing spots for Brady. Maybe the Colts, maybe the Steelers if they cut ties with Big Ben, maybe the Bucs, possibly the Panthers...but the Dolphins? I just don't see the fit.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:29 am

I think if Brady trade talk starts happening, he would retire. Who is he going to instead of a team trying to rebuild. All team that are playoff ready have good QB already.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:17 pm

rightchea wrote:Who is he going to instead of a team trying to rebuild. All team that are playoff ready have good QB already.

Put him on the Colts and they become an immediate contender. Jacoby Brissett is OK, but Brady could put them over the top.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:32 pm

I would not make the move if I were Brady, and neither will he. If you only have a year or two left, you go to the closest contender there is, not a team that's at least another 2 years away from a possible run.

That's my condensed version of all the good stuff JMP already said.

As far as where, how 'bout the Raiders, or San Diego, or Chicago?

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down