The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Dubious Record Time!!!

3 posters

Go down

It's Dubious Record Time!!!  Empty It's Dubious Record Time!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 am

This year's team has now set a record for worst point differential through 14 games. Yup, even worse than the first two Fins squads ever or the '07 team.

http://pfref.com/tiny/zcSaC

They also have a serious shot at becoming just the second team in franchise history to lose the final 5 games of a season. I think we all remember the first Sad

But on the bright side, Ballage got injured just in time to maybe keep them from setting a new record for lowest yards per carry. Maybe. The Pats might have something to say about that.

(BTW looking at this list maybe you guys will understand my...somewhat low opinion of JJ.)

http://pfref.com/tiny/GbEHJ

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

It's Dubious Record Time!!!  Empty Re: It's Dubious Record Time!!!

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:41 am

The league average for yards per carry is usually 4.0...or at least that's what Al Michaels says in every single game he broadcasts. So, the Dolphins have been below that average 27 times...with more than half of those coming between 1990 and the present. Damn, that's just sad.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am

JMP wrote:The league average for yards per carry is usually 4.0...or at least that's what Al Michaels says in every single game he broadcasts.  So, the Dolphins have been below that average 27 times...with more than half of those coming between 1990 and the present.  Damn, that's just sad.

It was around 4.0 for a long time, but it's increased by about half a yard the last decade or so. But yeah, it's still sad.

Shula just didn't bother running it after the first few home games in September/October every season. Then JJ came along and insisted on running when the team was horrible at doing it, just to prove a point that he and not Marino was the Team Alpha Male. Then when the Fins finally did get good at running it they sucked at passing.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:44 am

All of this just reinforces and solidifies the evidence that was really, truly a total deconstruction of the roster. We tore it down to the studs. It was no "tank" job, we just got rid of everyone and anyone who was too old, too expensive, under-performing or a combination of these.

Then, we traded away anyone with value to acquire more picks.

Of course we are going to set records for poor play in several categories. We have maybe 20 guys total that have an NFL future, and many of those are on IR and have been for a while. I'm thinking guys like P Williams, Jones, McCain, Howard and Grant.

This team is a patchwork of waiver wire scraps and undrafted free agents, hell our starting RB is nicknamed "The Intern"!

I will accept this approach in year 1. Next season, I want to see a hell of a lot more talent in the trenches, and in the front 7 on defense. In the secondary, I think we will see McCain and Rowe at safety, with Howard, Needham and maybe Wiltz at CB. Rowe seems to have a good chance to end our years long trend of failing to cover the tight end. But both Needham and Wiltz need competition in the form of a journeyman free agent or draft pick(s).

Give me that at secondary and a real defensive line with another stud at LB, we have the chance to field a legitimate defense.

I don't know what to do on o-line, but there's a lot to be done there....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:52 am

BTW I am absolutely loving the activity and debate here today, in case you couldn't tell Very Happy Razz

Also BTW, I *really* should be doing other things right now but for some reason I can't resist posting Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:34 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:BTW I am absolutely loving the activity and debate here today, in case you couldn't tell Very Happy Razz

Also BTW, I *really* should be doing other things right now but for some reason I can't resist posting Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, this is pretty awesome. I do have to get work done at some point though! Laughing

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down