The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corona virus

+5
JMP
rightchea
DolFan 316
scotgif
CarsonChris
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Corona virus - Page 2 Empty Re: Corona virus

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:00 pm

You mean it really is that simple? And if so, it makes a mockery of the talk I've gotten today about a complete US lockdown.

Something needs to be done about China though. They started this, and they did it on purpose. This virus was created in a Chinese lab and deliberately unleashed, and the people involved knew exactly what they were doing as well as when they wanted to do it. And they'll do it again if they get away scot free from this.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:13 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:You mean it really is that simple? And if so, it makes a mockery of the talk I've gotten today about a complete US lockdown.

Something needs to be done about China though. They started this, and they did it on purpose. This virus was created in a Chinese lab and deliberately unleashed, and the people involved knew exactly what they were doing as well as when they wanted to do it. And they'll do it again if they get away scot free from this.

From what I have heard it sounds like they are testing it right now. If it was that simple Italy wouldn't have some many death to be honest. I think the real problem is that no one (scientist, health professional, CDC) really understand what is happening or how it really is spreading. So testing drugs that help get rid of other disease is probably their best bet at the moment.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:16 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I gotta love how the media is blaming Trump for this (like they do with everything else) and calling him racist for saying the virus came from China, which it did. Forget gun ownership, freedom of the press is the constitutional amendment that needs to be abolished. Yup, let's just make excuses for a nation that deliberately unleashed a virus on the ENTIRE WORLD and somehow turn them into the victim Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Totally agree but you have to remember there are a lot of crazy Trump supporters in the United states that are attacking Asian people. Kinda like Hindu that don't eat cows, many chinese people for years have eaten all kinds of animals, it just now that the world is changing and they probably shouldn't be eating anything that moves. But yeah I see what you are saying but people are crazy especially racist people.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:46 pm

rightchea wrote:From what I have heard it sounds like they are testing it right now. If it was that simple Italy wouldn't have some many death to be honest. I think the real problem is that no one (scientist, health professional, CDC) really understand what is happening or how it really is spreading. So testing drugs that help get rid of other disease is probably their best bet at the moment.

My best friend whose wife is a nurse and used to be a paramedic called me yesterday and told me the reason Italy's got so many deaths is because it's all old people and apparently a very high percentage of their population is over 70.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm

It's not about the deaths, which are bad enough. It's about the epidemiology of the disease, possible mutation and strengthening (a la Spanish Flu), and the worst part, socially-created scarcity due to panic. This also is not to mention the economic factor of small businesses being forced to shut down, people not working, the Stock Market plunging, and every big corporation lining up at the government's doorstep for money.

Take a look at the daily airline flights on any flight tracking site you like and tell me that the airlines are feeling the impact.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Any update about Coronavirus on your ends? In NJ really starting to hear increased rumors of major 2 week total lockdown and National Guard. Again rumors but coming heavy. I was considered Critical Essential and we were told to print out 3 letters to carry with us. Being on the road and getting gas.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Day 8 and the girlfriend is starting to feel better!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Nothing really in Georgia. at the moment all schools and university are closed unless you are essential personnel (aka me). No one has recovered from it who have it and there has been 12 death. I don't see Georgia going on lockdown unless the feds make it happen

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Shelter-in-place in effect here in Northern Cali (actual Northern Cali, not San Francisco, which is more central).  Very few, nearly none actually, cases reported or with only one tested and verified.  Still, Nat. Guard is holding down the fort with a temporary triage/hospital center, and I'm assuming soon enough there will be extra nighttime patrols to help the police keep assholes at bay.  People are still out all over the place though as far as getting essentials and stuff.  Most food stores and drug stores are now getting shipments of specific foods from their corporate offices, but Trader Joe's said they regain control of their shipment orders on Monday, so that's good.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:20 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Day 8 and the girlfriend is starting to feel better!

Excellent!!! cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Degarmo wrote:Shelter-in-place in effect here in Northern Cali (actual Northern Cali, not San Francisco, which is more central).  Very few, nearly none actually, cases reported or with only one tested and verified.  Still, Nat. Guard is holding down the fort with a temporary triage/hospital center, and I'm assuming soon enough there will be extra nighttime patrols to help the police keep assholes at bay.  People are still out all over the place though as far as getting essentials and stuff.  Most food stores and drug stores are now getting shipments of specific foods from their corporate offices, but Trader Joe's said they regain control of their shipment orders on Monday, so that's good.

Yeah, ya'll governor is not playing. there like 20 case in gwinnett county and the only thing that are close are the school, universities, gym, parks and movies. But there is no lockdown

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:41 pm

Thing is, we have nearly 1,300 cases, and one reported in the entire county I live in. It's really a small number all things considered. Looks like New York is going to bear a lot of it, but from an epidemiological sense, that's logical. Lots of people packed in on top of each other.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Degarmo wrote:Thing is, we have nearly 1,300 cases, and one reported in the entire county I live in. It's really a small number all things considered. Looks like New York is going to bear a lot of it, but from an epidemiological sense, that's logical. Lots of people packed in on top of each other.

I just read one epidemiologist believes there are 1.25 million people already infected in the US based on the average testing and turnaround time on testing. We are running a 12 day lag. The numbers double every 2.5 days.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:40 pm

That really wouldn't surprise me, and a lot of folks will get it and never get tested.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:13 pm

I believe it as well. like those kids that be partying in Florida on the beach. they will probably never get tested.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 am

Do not--I repeat--DO NOT CONSUME ANY SO-CALLED NEWS.

I live an hour away from Memphis. This morning the local paper (that the GF insists on subscribing to, I don't bother with it) actually had the nerve to run a story claiming that 400,000 people in Memphis could be infected. That would be quite astonishing considering that as of yesterday I was told that only about 370,000 people WORLDWIDE were confirmed infected. But now I'm supposed to believe that roughly every 2 out of 3 people in Memphis have it when there's only about 20,000 cases in NYC which has far more people? Once again, the media is actively working against us, trying so desperately to force you to feel constant fear and negative emotion 24/7. Don't fall for the bullshit.

(BTW I got a blanket call from the county mayor yesterday saying there were NO cases of the virus in the county. I'll believe him over the media yammering about 400K infected people just an hour away.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:25 pm

yeah you have to watch out for the media and what the government is saying. There are a lot of lying that is happening and a lot of data that is inaccurate. but at the same time don't stop watching the news just be mindful of what sites you are looking at.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum