The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY OLDER NEPHEW'S BIRTHDAY!!!

4 posters

Go down

MY OLDER NEPHEW'S BIRTHDAY!!!  Empty MY OLDER NEPHEW'S BIRTHDAY!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:14 am

Actually it's today, but we did the family party thing yesterday so he could have his kid party today. Not sure if you've ever heard of a game called Stratego, but that's what I got him. It's a game that's been around since at least when I was his age. Speaking of which, he is turning nine. NINE!!! I don't like this at all Crying or Very sad He's got a body so little he actually still has to ride in a child seat though, which IMO is ridiculous. He also got around $50 from his grandparents (I was lucky to get $5 on my birthday as a kid), a book about what the presidents were like as kids, another book about 8000 random facts, a wakeboard Shocked and the life vest to go with it. And cards. Lots of cards. It's a family tradition, and we have actual card standards Laughing

He's already learned how to play chess every well and is now playing lacrosse Shocked My younger nephew plays soccer and proudly reported that he scored 12 goals by himself in his game yesterday Shocked Shocked He is graduating kindergarten in about a month.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

MY OLDER NEPHEW'S BIRTHDAY!!!  Empty Re: MY OLDER NEPHEW'S BIRTHDAY!!!

Post by JMP Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:31 am

Very cool!

And Stratego rules! I used to play it a lot as a kid, and now I play with my son.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Stratego is a Very Cool game, Next Game should be Risk and see if He can Rule the World.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:37 pm

finskev wrote:Stratego is a Very Cool game, Next Game should be Risk and see if He can Rule the World.

I think he believes he already does Laughing

My sister mentioned offhandedly after I got there that he played Gran's Stratego and loved it, so I dashed out and somehow found one at a Barnes & Noble. He never saw it coming Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Risk is not a game about world domination. Risk is a game about relationships, because you learn a lot about how you can handle folks when they blow their corks. I've watched marriages crumble over a good game of Risk Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down