The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerome Baker Contract Extension

+3
JMP
finfanatic
white1
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jerome Baker Contract Extension - Page 2 Empty Re: Jerome Baker Contract Extension

Post by finfanatic Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:32 am

It is really a good thing some of you are not GMs. Laughing

I said I have no problem with Howard ASKING for more money. He is obviously performing at a level where if he were a Free Agent, he would get more money. That doesn't mean the Phins HAVE to give him more money.

But saying a player who signed a deal should be UNABLE or even doesn't have the right....to ask for more money after a pro bowl season and leading the league in INTs....... is just flat out ludicrous IMO.

He has led the league twice in INTs, but...how often does that happen? Well, at least twice so far.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/06/brian-flores-xavien-howard-in-unique-situation

“It’s pretty clear this is a contract situation, which we’ve talked about internally,” Flores said, via ESPN.com’s Cameron Wolfe. “X is a little bit of a unique situation. He was extended and now we’re talking about a potential renegotiation after one year. Those turn into longer conversations. We’ve obviously had a lot of talks and conversations about that and we’ll continue to have those and keep them internal, but it’s a very unique conversation.”

At least it appears the Phins realize this a "unique situation".

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Jerome Baker Contract Extension - Page 2 Empty Re: Jerome Baker Contract Extension

Post by CarsonChris Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 am

I have no problem with Howard earning more. Why didnt his agent structure his contract with more incentives?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 am

CarsonChris wrote:Why didnt his agent structure his contract with more incentives?  

Exactly.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:06 am

finfanatic wrote:It is really a good thing some of you are not GMs.  Laughing  

I said I have no problem with Howard ASKING for more money. He is obviously performing at a level where if he were a Free Agent, he would get more money. That doesn't mean the Phins HAVE to give him more money.  

But saying a player who signed a deal should be UNABLE or even doesn't have the right....to ask for more money after a pro bowl season and leading the league in INTs....... is just flat out ludicrous IMO.

He has led the league twice in INTs, but...how often does that happen? Well, at least twice so far.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/06/brian-flores-xavien-howard-in-unique-situation

“It’s pretty clear this is a contract situation, which we’ve talked about internally,” Flores said, via ESPN.com’s Cameron Wolfe. “X is a little bit of a unique situation. He was extended and now we’re talking about a potential renegotiation after one year. Those turn into longer conversations. We’ve obviously had a lot of talks and conversations about that and we’ll continue to have those and keep them internal, but it’s a very unique conversation.”

At least it appears the Phins realize this a "unique situation".

Howard should not have signed a long-term contract if he was concerned about remaining the highest paid CB forever.

So what happens next, the Phins give him a new deal and then a year later when another corner gets more money he holds out again? When does it end?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2