The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top GMs

5 posters

Go down

Top GMs Empty Top GMs

Post by white1 Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Vikings GM Spielman ranks 7 - hoping to see Grier up here in a year or two need to make some playoff noise first :

https://www.thedraftscout.com/p/nfl-gm-power-rankings-the-top-10
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Top GMs Empty Re: Top GMs

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:51 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Grier's great at making trades but so is your average Madden Youtuber. It's time some of that extra draft capital started panning out instead of being just a bunch of average and injury-prone jamokes.

As for the list itself, I can see Colbert being on there but not #1 Shocked Seeing Spielman on there after his bout of idiocy with our team is sickening, disgusting and downright nauseating Evil or Very Mad Belichick and Jones being on there is the equivalent of a player making the Pro Bowl based solely on reputation. The rest absolutely deserve to be on the list. It's amazing how the Bills, Colts and Titans turned around once they hired GMs who actually knew what they were doing. Grier has yet to indicate he does.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:36 am

That's a strange list, with a bunch of has beens (Loomis, Belichick, Jones, Colbert) and guys that have built teams that can't get to a Super Bowl (Spielman, Robinson, Ballard). Spielman should be banned from any list after that horrific Kirk Cousins deal.

The #1 guy on the list (Colbert) has taken the Steelers to the playoffs just once in the last 4 seasons, yet Brett Veach built a Chiefs' team that has played in the last 2 Super Bowls and he's #8! scratch

Grier almost won top GM in 2020. I expect him to be in the running again this season, and after a deep playoff run he's going to win this time! Grier has done a masterful job of getting the Phins out of cap hell, and handing out contracts that will avoid future cap hell. He's remade the roster and doubled the team's wins just one season after a complete roster rebuild. And, he brought in a head coach that will soon be known worldwide as one of the league's best.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:17 pm

I think Grier's rep all hinges on how good or not good Tua does.

You draft a QB in the top five that stinks and that is hard to live down.

Let's hope JMP's optimism is rewarded.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:46 pm

finfanatic wrote:I think Grier's rep all hinges on how good or not good Tua does.

You draft a QB in the top five that stinks and that is hard to live down.

Well, if Spielman makes the top 10 after the highest paid player in football (at the time of the contract) guided his team to just 1 playoff appearance in 3 seasons, maybe a GM's success isn't tied to the QB??? Looking at that list, I guess I don't know what makes a GM successful.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:34 pm

I'm just glad that internet lists are both in short supply, and also considered the gold standard of information.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum