The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jests vs Dolphins

3 posters

Go down

Jests vs Dolphins  Empty Jests vs Dolphins

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:03 pm

Looks like Miami has been reading its own press about winning out. This game is disgusting

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Jests vs Dolphins  Empty Re: Jests vs Dolphins

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Never put Brissett in on 4th down. Dumbest shit I've seen since the chargers going for every 4th down conversion on Thursday night.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:58 pm

There is absolutely, positively NOTHING that derails a team's regular season momentum--good or bad--like a bye. There are far too many examples for me to list of teams riding high who suddenly went on big losing streaks after a bye, or vice versa.

So in that context this was possibly the most monumental win of the season. I don't ever want to see the Fins have another bye this late though and whoever thought it was a good idea needs a stern talking to, especially since moving the bye very likely cost them the Falcons game since at that time the momentum of the season was all bad.

Speaking of byes, did you know that the infamous MNF choke job VS the Jets came after a bye? I cannot make this stuff up. So this isn't even the worst performance against them after a bye in team history.

In the Flores Era however, the seasonal momentum following a bye has not changed. In '19 they entered the bye 0-4, and lost the next 3. Last season they entered on a 2-game win streak and won the next 3. This season they managed to extend their win streak to 6 despite bye week virus shenanigans. If the previous two seasons are any indication (small sample size I know) they should win at least the next 2 games.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:18 am

DolFan 316 wrote:There is absolutely, positively NOTHING that derails a team's regular season momentum--good or bad--like a bye. There are far too many examples for me to list of teams riding high who suddenly went on big losing streaks after a bye, or vice versa.

supporting evidence...

The good part about having a bye week, Christian Wilkins was saying, is it gives you a chance to get off your feet.

Unfortunately for Wilkins and the rest of the Dolphins’ defense, the bad part about a bye week is what can happen when it’s over.

The Dolphins experienced that Sunday, playing 30 minutes of their sloppiest defensive football in ages against the Jets and teetering on sunset arriving with them knowing their playoff hopes, like the sky, had faded to black.

Except 30 minutes of football remained, and in those final 30 minutes, Miami’s defense looked like Miami’s defense is supposed to look, and the Dolphins came away with a 31-24 victory and playoff hopes alive.

“We were just shaking off rust I guess,” said Wilkins.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/just-shaking-off-rust-dolphins-234535667.html

bye week "rust"?

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down