The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphin cuts + practice squad

+4
CarsonChris
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dolphin cuts + practice squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphin cuts + practice squad

Post by JMP Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:25 pm

finfanatic wrote:I hated to see Bowden go, but like Hal said, that position was stacked. I actually was thinking they may keep Cracraft as well. He looked like a reincarnation of Welker out there in that last preseason game!!

I just don't know what happened to Kindley. He looked like he was going to be an ANSWER at OG for the Phins for a long time to come his rookie season, and then... the wheels fell off... or got busted off by excessive carb-intake maybe???

And they kept Robert Jones? He may fit the blocking scheme better, but when you need to run to preserve a victory, it's nice to have a big arsed OG who can throw his weight on the D-line and allow you to run out the clock. Kindley could do that was my thinking.

Agree with all of this.

I do love having Cracraft on the practice squad...he's a plug-and-play receiver if/when someone on the main roster gets hurt.

Seems like Kindley hasn't landed with another team yet, which is surprising. I'd love to see him on the Phins' practice squad, working with the trainers to get in shape!!

Robert Jones showed some good things at the end of last season and seems to have some upside and versatility (can play T and G), but I think he won't last long on the roster...I expect an upgrade at some point. But who knows...maybe the coaches see something more in Jones than I do.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:55 pm

More roster moves:

Placed Fejeldelem on IR, replaced him with veteran corner Justin Bethel (former Patriot). Bethel is a good STs player, so I think he'll replace Feje there...I wouldn't expect to see him much on defense.

Added former Seahawks WR Freddie Swain to the practice squad. I'm surprised he was available...I remember him making some big plays for Seattle. He's got good speed.

Also added rookie center James Empey to the practice squad. Three-year starter and captain at BYU, in a zone scheme. He's a developmental prospect, but sounds like he's a good fit for this system.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:17 pm

Like Empey for the PS. Was in camp with Dallas, rated as a mid round draft pick by some. Overaged (25) a bit, but could develop.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:56 am

Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz

Agent Jeff Ostrow tells me a dozen teams called with interest in new Dolphins practice squad WR Freddie Swain, the ex-Gator. Swain spoke with McDaniel and Welker. Return skills (8.6 on punts last year) also could lead to promotion at some point. Started 8 games for Seattle in '21
6:01 PM · Sep 1, 2022

I guess it is true after all...players actually want to play for the Dolphins now! Shocked

It's been a looooong time since that was the case!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:00 am

HalCHorn wrote:Like Empey for the PS.  Was in camp with Dallas, rated as a mid round draft pick by some.  Overaged (25) a bit, but could develop.

Yeah, everything I've read about him makes me think he's an excellent fit with a chance to surprise down the road. Nothing may come of it, but at least he fits the mold of the type of lineman that McDaniel is looking for: smart, athletic, scheme fit.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2