The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Can Already Tell...

5 posters

Go down

I Can Already Tell... Empty I Can Already Tell...

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:02 am

I'm going to be sadly and badly disappointed by multiple moronic McDaniel moves today. I've been trying to prepare myself emotionally.

(Takes deep breaths.) Okay, you can do this...It's not the end of the world if Iggy, Long and Bridgewater all stay on...Everything will be okay, dammit. EVERYTHING WILL BE JUST FINE!!! LALALALALALALA!!!

Yeah, it's not going well.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

I Can Already Tell... Empty Re: I Can Already Tell...

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:37 am

well, the good news is that if they all 3 stay (which it appears to be likely), none of them are anticipated to have prominent roles. collectively, i bet they'll make up less than 5% of the season snap count (not including ST).

yes, i know, it seems counterintuitive - why keep them if they will not have prominent roles... i think other factors are at play beyond just talent - such money, draft pedigree, etc., etc.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:03 am

Myself, I'd move on from Iggy at this point. If not for the rash of CB injuries he'd certainly be gone. IMO he still should be, he was outplayed badly by Kohou who showed more this preseason than Iggy has in three.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:41 am

Yup, knew it. Somehow it was vitally important to get rid of Goode and Gustin so they could keep Iggy. SMH.

Looks like the same ol' same ol'. I wish I could say differently.

(Sighs.) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:48 am

Numbers game for Stille on the interior line, but another very good PS candidate assuming he isn't snatched up.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:31 pm

BTW 4 of 11 Grier picks from just 2 years ago are now gone (and it should've been 5 dagnabit). Yet more proof that bad drafting teams are going t draft badly no matter how many picks they have.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2020_draft.htm

I still have hope that when Jones gets back, Iggy is FINALLY jettisoned to make room. Then again he'll likely have cost this team at least one game before then.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:06 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Yup, knew it. Somehow it was vitally important to get rid of Goode and Gustin so they could keep Iggy. SMH.

Looks like the same ol' same ol'. I wish I could say differently.

(Sighs.) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Goode and Gustin had nothing to do with Iggy. We are extremely thin at CB depth with Jones being on the PUP, and those two guys would not have helped with that.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:50 pm

Goode, Gustin, Stille maybe all make the PS. Be nice to have a young Pass Rusher to pair with Phillips at some point.

I thought they were going to keep Kindley. His run blocking was nice.

I was very encouraged by the motion, trapping, and pulling we saw in the last preseason game. Let's hope we see it working in the regular season.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:52 pm

finfanatic wrote:Goode, Gustin, Stille maybe all make the PS. Be nice to have a young Pass Rusher to pair with Phillips at some point.

I thought they were going to keep Kindley. His run blocking was nice.

I was very encouraged by the motion, trapping, and pulling we saw in the last preseason game. Let's hope we see it working in the regular season.

Goode and Gustin are on the Miami practice squad. Haven't heard anything about Stille..hopefully we can grab him too!

In the end, I think Kindley was just too out of shape for his own good. I doubt he has the stamina to play a full game. But he sure did look improved this preseason.

I love what I saw from the offense in the Eagles game. And the scary part (for our opponents) is that what we saw was just the tip of the iceberg...I think McDaniel has all sorts of plans that he's waiting to unleash!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:39 pm

Yeah, from what I am hearing we saw about 3 to 5% of the playbook in the Pre-Season.

Which ain't a lot.

If the Phins can avoid the injury bug... who knows?
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum