The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 1 vs NE predictions

+3
DolFan 316
JMP
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Game 1 vs NE predictions Empty Game 1 vs NE predictions

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:49 am

i've seen some predictions in other threads, but this will be the unofficial OFFICIAL prediction thread. if you didn't call it here, you didn't call it. Very Happy

i so want to drink the kool-aid, but years of hope only to be dashed on the rocks of incompetence have led me to tread cautiously. i'm not ready to say they're gonna curb-stomp a division rival out of the gate. however, i do think they'll win.

Miami Dolphins - 27
New England Patriots - 16

the game actually might not be as close as an 11 point victory as i see NE getting a garbage time score. i also foresee a special teams gaff by NE leading to a Phins short field TD.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Game 1 vs NE predictions Empty Re: Game 1 vs NE predictions

Post by JMP Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 am

Thanks for starting this thread, merc!

Two keys for the Dolphins in this game, and neither should be a surprise: on offense the OL MUST get the job done in both run and pass, and the defense MUST stop the run. Those two things happen, and the Phins win in a blowout.

Belichick is known for taking away his opponent's top weapon. In this case, that means he will try to take Tyreek Hill out of the game. Good luck with that, Bill. The Patriots do not have a DB that can cover Hill one on one, which means that they will have to scheme to stop him - and that means committing multiple players. You commit multiple players to shutting Hill down, and that leaves Waddle, Wilson, Gesicki and the backs lots of room to work. If the OL shows up, Tua will spread the ball around and SHRED that defense. Look for Wilson, Gesicki and Edmonds to have lots of catches in this one if it plays out as I think.

On defense, it is real simple: do not let the Patriots establish a run game. Their entire offense is based on the run, because as we saw last season, Belichick does not trust Mac Jones to win a game on his own. Make them one dimensional, and Jones will take sacks and turn the ball over. Now, the Pats had a great OL last season. I don't believe they do this season. I also think the loss of Josh McDaniels is more significant than anyone realizes. McDaniels' scheme is what made the Patriots offense go last season, even without star players. Now, without McDaniels, they have two non-offensive coaches running the offense, and I think they'll prove to be completely incompetent at their job. Look for the Phins to keep Flowers and Ingram on the field as much as possible, as both are excellent run stoppers. I also expect Phillips to have multiple sacks in this one.

Yes, it's the Patriots and Bill Belichick. But this isn't the same team that had dominated the AFC East for so many years. This is a team lacking quality coaching and lacking playmakers, and honestly I think they are going to end up with a losing record this season.

The Dolphins have a hungry and interested fanbase for the first time in forever, they have an offense loaded with playmakers and they have a defense that can dominate. They also have Mike McDaniel, who I think is the X factor here. "Genius" or not, Belichick really has no idea what McDaniel is going to do in terms of playcalling. I see that as a huge edge for Miami. I truly believe this game will not be close.

Games 2-4 will be tough for the Dolphins. This one won't be. The Phins jump out to an early lead and coast to a 41-13 victory.

Bonus prediction: Punt return TD for Tyreek Hill.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:56 am

Parker beats Iggy for the game winning score with under 30 seconds left, if not the final play. Pats 27-24.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:06 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Parker beats Iggy for the game winning score with under 30 seconds left, if not the final play. Pats 27-24.

I'll be surprised if Parker even finishes the game. Chances are good he'll tweak a hamstring or stub a toe, and end up watching the game on the bench.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 pm

There is a chance that AVG, Eric Rowe and Raekwon Davis will be inactive Sunday.

Davis has a knee issue that came up in practice this week. He is a key to the run defense...that would be huge loss. Rowe is dealing with a chest injury - should be good to go, but you never know. AVG is still recovering from his appendix removal surgery.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:56 pm

JMP wrote:There is a chance that AVG, Eric Rowe and Raekwon Davis will be inactive Sunday.

Davis has a knee issue that came up in practice this week. He is a key to the run defense...that would be  huge loss.  Rowe is dealing with a chest injury - should be good to go, but you never know.  AVG is still recovering from his appendix removal surgery.  

See? SEE?!?! The dark clouds are gathering on the horizon already pale affraid

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:There is a chance that AVG, Eric Rowe and Raekwon Davis will be inactive Sunday.

Davis has a knee issue that came up in practice this week. He is a key to the run defense...that would be  huge loss.  Rowe is dealing with a chest injury - should be good to go, but you never know.  AVG is still recovering from his appendix removal surgery.  

See? SEE?!?! The dark clouds are gathering on the horizon already pale affraid

Well, the latest is that Rowe and Davis both claim that they're fine...so we'll see...

And no injury designations at all for Waddle and Edmonds!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:59 am

I have no guess.

I would THINK the Phins should win just on how bad the Pats have looked, but...

I hope the Phins win by 31-10 or some score.

And I really hope the Bills ain't near as good as they looked!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:39 pm

Phins roll

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:00 pm

I have to Work Tomorrow, Fins we’re 0-6 Last Year when I wasn’t Home Watching. Need to try and come up with something to change the Mojo this Year.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:44 am

Never is easy against the Pats, but I think we're the better team and we will certainly show it at home. I see Belicheck again trying to shorten the game since his passing offense is below average, but I think that the playcalling will be much more aggressive to counter. 24-13 with Miami's big play capability making the difference for a nice change.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:20 pm

WELL..at least they won by slightly more than Merc and Hal predicted. That's good, right?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:30 pm

Finally Won a Game when I was at WORK, Damn it feels Good.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:33 pm

finskev wrote:Finally Won a Game when I was at WORK, Damn it feels Good.

You know what this means, right? You're working every Sunday until they lose Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:59 am

I Work on 9/25 against Buffalo.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:12 pm

finskev wrote:I Work on 9/25 against Buffalo.

That's the kind of luck we need! Thanks, Kev, for doing your part! Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:32 pm

finskev wrote:I Work on 9/25 against Buffalo.

Not good enough. You'll have to volunteer to work next Sunday too. Who knows, with al this volunteering you might get a promotion, more money, etc. I'm only looking out for you and your family's welfare Cool

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down