The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Fins at Titans

+4
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
JMP
JEGnj
8 posters

Go down

Game Day Fins at Titans Empty Game Day Fins at Titans

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 am

Well it is finally here. After everything blew up returning home from London we get to see how the team responds to the big shake up. I honestly don't know what to expect but I'm hoping to see the play harder and more disciplined. Still think this team will be held back by a QB that really doesn't belong.
I might honestly go pumpkin picking with the family and catch the game when I get back.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Game Day Fins at Titans Empty Re: Game Day Fins at Titans

Post by JMP Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:49 am

My nephew is getting christened today, so I won't get to watch the game live. The DVR is already set. I'm also going to a concert tonight (Doyle, ex-Misfits guitarist), so may not even get to see the game till tomorrow.

Anyway, win or lose I just want to see a strong effort and some attitude. The Phins aren't going anywhere this season, but they could at least earn some respect back by being competitive.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:10 pm

About F'in time. Now that's how you play football. Let's see if the D shows up now. Philbert canned 4 weeks to late.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:19 pm

D still looking pretty bad
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Not exactly happy with the TO and attempt to draw. Just get the points and no games. Let's go D.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Love it. Even Tanny looking good. Heading out for a while. Hope 2nd half is the same thing.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Just getting ready to head out and say how impressed I was with everyone then Tannygoober with the bonehead play.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm enjoying the change from the team. The defensive line has become a defensive line. If Turnover Tanny can play a little better we would be up even more!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Wow, the Dolphins have a new look. What a difference a coaching change can make.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Awesome game. Feels really good to enjoy the game. Still not sold on Tanny and his mistakes but enjoying the dominating win and keep it up.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Thomas needs to go. The weakest link on the team. Still horrible even with the coaching change!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Just checked out the score on espn.com and my mind is officially blown Shocked Shocked Shocked

I actually did see a tiny part of the game, while trying to get my TV working again. Of course the part I saw was just after Vernon apparently hit Mariota low Shocked and the announcers were carrying on about it. Then I shut off the TV and went back to bed Laughing

All in all, a great weekend after lord knows how many boring ones in a row. Even if it shows yet again how dumb Ross is for not firing Philbin after last season. Hell, Philbin should've been canned after the Vikings game, not extended Rolling Eyes And I really think he might have had the Fins lost that one instead of pulling their usual meaningless win crap.

(This was not a meaningless win BTW, they had to prove to the world that things would be different with a new coach. Still won't make the playoffs but maybe they'll finish with 6-7 wins now instead of 1-15 the way it was looking under Philbin.)

It's a shame how short the game threads are these days though Crying or Very sad My favorite part of Sunday night, win or lose.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Also, it seems like this team is always good for at least one completely random and inexplicable blowout win a season no matter how flawed they are. Been happening since '08. Last two came without Philbin though, which is telling (Omar's favorite word).

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:06 am

Boy, Failbin and Coyle were really holding this team back.

Still a number of problems, IMO Dallas Thomas is still the biggest, but this is the first time I've seen any emotion/passion from this team since the Denver game last year.

A good start. If Campbell can produce a record of .500 or better during his 12 game stretch he needs to be a strong contender for the permanent position. Very impressive response.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:26 am

A pleasure to watch, for the first time in many, many games.

It seems as if Matthews is being properly utilized as the weapon he is - he made several plays yesterday as a very nice complement to Landry. Also, Stills was hit on a nice streak down the sideline. I would say after one week, Saunders is having a positive impact on the passing game.

I can't emphasize enough how impressed I was with our running game. The Titans are no slouch there on defense, but we handled them well with very few negative runs.

On the defensive side of the ball, our run stopping woes were seemingly solved overnight. The Titans had a few good runs, but we also blew up a number of plays in the backfield. Overall, their ground game was rendered ineffective.

I do not think the hit by Vernon was "dirty". From what I saw on the replay, he was making a speed edge move and his arm seemed "stuck" to the offensive tackle. It's possible he was being held for a bit. To me, it looked like that made him lose balance and fall forward as he continued to push towards Mariota. One note. On both this hit, and a later roughing the passer call, I saw no emotion from Campbell. I believe Campbell alluded to this in his opening press conference, specifically when he noted that players should not be worrying: "Am I too close to the quarterback?" He has clearly cut the front four loose, and will accept penalties resulting from a player being too aggressive. The calculation appears to be it's either that, or you're holding back and getting no pressure.

The aggressive and physical nature of the team was on full display yesterday. From several big hits, to the relentless pressure on Mariota, to Titans players often times slow to get up or "dinged" on a play. On an end around, Landry ran through three defenders to score as they somehow failed to bring him down - he never stopped moving his feet. Also a few hits where players were running out of bounds - we pushed the limit there and walked that line, again as Campbell described.

I'm still thinking, like many if not all fans, that we are too "flawed" to do anything this year. But my God it was nice to see us play physical and aggressive for one damn week. I'm pulling for Campbell, and would love to see what he could do with a legitimate offensive and defensive coordinator behind him.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:18 am

and why couldn't they have been doing this all along?!?!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:53 am

mercury22nathan wrote:and why couldn't they have been doing this all along?!?!

Because the players wanted Philbin and Coyle fired, that's why.

Pretty sad and even pathetic, but whatevs.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:53 pm

And they were right, and ROSS cost us three losses already this season.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down