The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are The Fins This Year's Ravens???

+2
JMP
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Are The Fins This Year's Ravens???  Empty Are The Fins This Year's Ravens???

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:24 pm

The '21 Ravens started 8-3 with a QB everyone was hailing as the surefire MVP and was having a great season...and then lost out and missed the playoffs entirely! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I don't like how this team looks like it might be starting down that same path. I don't like it at all. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Every single season this sort of thing happens to somebody, while conversely a team that looks completely out of it with 4-5 games left always makes the playoffs. (The Raiders actually might be that team.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Are The Fins This Year's Ravens???  Empty Re: Are The Fins This Year's Ravens???

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:49 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:The '21 Ravens started 8-3 with a QB everyone was hailing as the surefire MVP and was having a great season...and then lost out and missed the playoffs entirely! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I don't like how this team looks like it might be starting down that same path. I don't like it at all. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Every single season this sort of thing happens to somebody, while conversely a team that looks completely out of it with 4-5 games left always makes the playoffs. (The Raiders actually might be that team.)

No.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Are The Fins This Year's Ravens???  Empty Re: Are The Fins This Year's Ravens???

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:04 pm

If Jackson misses more than 3 games, the Ravens will be this year's Ravens.

No, we're winning 11 games. We have a flawed team but we've had a lot of things go right. Things look less optimistic than they did Saturday for sure, but I feel the Dolphins are on the right track for the long term. Hey, maybe Armstead is back next week and Jones is finally ready by the Buffalo game and we look better with some reinforcements. It's a long season.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:15 pm

ask me around midnight after the Chargers game.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:05 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:ask me around midnight after the Chargers game.

I'm holding you to that!!! You all saw it, no backsies now Cool

On a completely unrelated note, I don't have nearly enough coffee to last until Sunday, better go buy some...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:20 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
mercury22nathan wrote:ask me around midnight after the Chargers game.

I'm holding you to that!!! You all saw it, no backsies now Cool

On a completely unrelated note, I don't have nearly enough coffee to last until Sunday, better go buy some...

I won’t make you wait until midnight. No - they’re worse.

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:18 am

Yup, 8-3 to 8-9 is a certainty.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:24 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Yup, 8-3 to 8-9 is a certainty.

No, not a certainty. They'll win 9 or 10.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:58 am

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:Yup, 8-3 to 8-9 is a certainty.

No, not a certainty.  They'll win 9 or 10.

I don't see how. Not unless Tua remembers how to compete a pass again. I'm sure people in '93 were sure they'd win *one* of the last five too...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:59 am

Maybe we can beat Green Bay and the Jets. MAYBE.

And I'm not counting out the New England game either. Their offense looks even worse than ours right now - and there's a chance ours turns things around...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:06 am

white1 wrote:Maybe we can beat Green Bay and the Jets.  MAYBE.

And I'm not counting out the New England game either.  Their offense looks even worse than ours right now - and there's a chance ours turns things around...

This Chargers team was both bad and injury-riddled. There was no WAY this game was supposed to be a loss. And yet...

'93 team's final two losses BTW were to the 8-win Chargers (6-8 going into that game) and 5-win Pats. Just sayin'.

Jets would tool and school this team right now, with or without White. Hell, they already hung 40 on them with Zach Wilson!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:07 am

Nah, we'll go 10-7. Likely gets us to Kansas City and a first round blowout.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:11 am

Nah, we'll go 10-7. Likely gets us to Kansas City and a first round blowout.

Denver put a scare into KC yesterday. Maybe that's something to hope for?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:22 pm

Ok so the Fins are this years Ravens, no doubt. Hat tip to Dolfan for calling it several weeks ago.

That said look at this years Ravens, able to win with the starting QB out now and looking like a tough out. Maybe Miami can follow suit next year?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:06 am

I said somewhere there is something WRONG with this team.

And usually, that something starts with the coaching?

I am sure McD gets one more year, but this collapse is epically BAD!

If the team comes out and lays an egg against the jets...

I mean just imagine if the team had not gotten LUCKY versus the Ravens and had Josh Allen toss a wide open TD into the ground late!!

Something is wrong with this team...you cannot blame it ALL on the players IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:34 am

finfanatic wrote:I mean just imagine if the team had not gotten LUCKY versus the Ravens and had Josh Allen toss a wide open TD into the ground late!!

And that's the last time this team did anything worth a damn in the 4th quarter besides collapse, capitulate and cower.

I blame Grier for pretty much everything since he's been the constant for far too long now.

BTW as usual I hate being right about stuff like this. I am not psychic and would never ever refer to myself as such but every so often I just get these feelings. Like the time I had that dream in the summer of '02 that the Fins would go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, which I ignored because even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, thought it was too absurd to actually happen.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down