The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game thoughts: Week 14, Dolphins at Chargers

+3
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game thoughts: Week 14, Dolphins at Chargers - Page 2 Empty Re: Game thoughts: Week 14, Dolphins at Chargers

Post by JMP Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:56 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Great post, merc.

It's amazing that none of our opponents really tried to take away the middle of the field before San Fran, at least not in any consistent way.

The Steelers did in the second half and Tua looked awful then, too. Flores knew the secret all along.

Tua was rusty in that Steelers game, but still managed to complete 60% of his passes for 261 yards, a TD and no sacks or turnovers. Maybe not great, but certainly not awful - even in the second half.

The only secrets Flores knew were how to ruin a young QB and blow up an offensive coaching staff.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game thoughts: Week 14, Dolphins at Chargers - Page 2 Empty Re: Game thoughts: Week 14, Dolphins at Chargers

Post by finfanatic Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:14 am

JMP - I can remember Collinsworth pointing out how the Steelers had taken away the middle of the field on Tua. His performance nose-dived after that.

And whoever did it first is beside the main point, the main point is, McD needs to FIX IT. The routes the receivers are running need to be modified and take advantage of the D trying to take away the middle of the field.

Parmalee was a UPS delivery guy, right? I always remember Mark Higgs fondly. He put up 146 yards mostly in the 1st half of a game versus Buffalo in 1991 that the Dolphins LOST!!!

If the Phins have 146 rushing yards in this Buffalo game I will go out on climb and predict a Victory. Right now, I would settle for half that!

Another note about Mark Higgs - Higgy Baby as Shula called him, is said to have lost his career in the NFL to Identity theft I just saw on You Tube???
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:55 pm

finfanatic wrote:JMP - I can remember Collinsworth pointing out how the Steelers had taken away the middle of the field on Tua. His performance nose-dived after that.

THANK YOU!!! I KNEW I wasn't imagining things! At the time I just thought it was a case of Flores knowing Tua's tendencies better than anyone else. And he still didn't try it in the first half for some odd reason  scratch

Parmalee was a UPS delivery guy, right? I always remember Mark Higgs fondly. He put up 146 yards mostly in the 1st half of a game versus Buffalo in 1991 that the Dolphins LOST!!!

I still remember that one! '91 opener that I watched in my dorm room the first semester of my freshman year, back when the Fins were on TV where I lived every single Sunday it seemed. Even when they jumped on top 14-0 I had a feeling they'd lose, just because it was Barfalo. Seriously. Turns out that was actually Higgs' career high rushing total for a game, and the Fins were 10-0 in every other game when he had 80 yards rushing or more Shocked Stupid Bills Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Another note about Mark Higgs - Higgy Baby as Shula called him, is said to have lost his career in the NFL to Identity theft I just saw on You Tube???

Are you talking about this one?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:37 pm

What the Hell is Cover 6 , Never heard of it until Last Week and Topic.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:56 pm

finskev wrote:What the Hell is Cover 6 , Never heard of it until Last Week and Topic.

I never heard of it either, but apparently it is a cover 4 on one side of the field and a cover 2 on the other. Sounds like it is primarily designed to prevent deep passes. Short passes in the flat can beat it...hopefully McDaniel knows this.

Here's an article I found:
https://weeklyspiral.com/2021/08/16/cover-6/

If I have it right, I think this is a formation the Bills use pretty frequently...although they always mix up their formations.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Damn that Article had a Lot of Information out how to beat the Coverage.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2