The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Tua need glasses?

5 posters

Go down

Does Tua need glasses?  Empty Does Tua need glasses?

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:52 am

One of those passes last night was 10 yards off target. Is Tua having vision problems?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Does Tua need glasses?  Empty Re: Does Tua need glasses?

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:57 am

No, he just has to figure out what to do when the timing is thrown off by the defense. He's a timing/anticipation passer...he usually throws to a spot rather than a player. The last two weeks the defenses have used safeties and LBs to throw off the timing of the routes, and as a result Tua's passes appear to be off-target because the receiver couldn't get to the spot. Last night, that one incompletion to Hill was a prime example...Tua threw to where Hill was supposed to be, but Hill apparently lost the ball in the lights and stopped running. If Hill had seen the ball and continued the route, it would have been a perfect pass and probably a TD. Instead, it looked like Tua missed Hill by 5+ yards.

Tua also needs to figure out that there are other options besides Hill and Waddle.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:02 am

It's really frustrating to watch.

JMP, I get your point - but MOST NFL offenses are based on timing. Disrupting routes is not something totally new. It's so strange to see an offense (and QB) that were leading the league in several categories suddenly turn so inept. I mean, we cannot maintain possession of the ball and put together a systematic scoring drive - we're relying on the big play bailing us out all the time. This is not sustainable.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:08 am

white1 wrote:It's really frustrating to watch.

JMP, I get your point - but MOST NFL offenses are based on timing.  Disrupting routes is not something totally new.  It's so strange to see an offense (and QB) that were leading the league in several categories suddenly turn so inept.  I mean, we cannot maintain possession of the ball and put together a systematic scoring drive - we're relying on the big play bailing us out all the time.  This is not sustainable.

It's just December Tua. He's now done this 3 years in a row against decent teams on the road which means it's a trend that'll likely continue his entire career.

At this point I'd actually rather take Bob Griese when he DID wear glasses. Anybody else remember that?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:46 pm

white1 wrote:
JMP, I get your point - but MOST NFL offenses are based on timing.  Disrupting routes is not something totally new.  

It's new this season against the Dolphins. No other team tried it in any consistent way before San Fran, except maybe the Steelers a bit. It's something that McDaniel and Tua had not experienced all season. Now that they have seen it, it is time to make adjustments. We'll see if they can.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:21 pm

I'd take Griese with or without glasses. Dude was one of the best.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum