The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua's Career Splits

5 posters

Go down

Tua's Career Splits Empty Tua's Career Splits

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:53 pm

It's not just perception that he gets worse late in the season, it's very much reality. This includes splits by month, opponent, and even game time.

Tua's passer rating by month is 102.3 in September, dips slightly to 99.2 in October (still good), rises to a whopping 111.3 in November...and then craters to 86.4 in December and a ghastly 65.5 in January affraid

His passer rating in morning, early and even afternoon games is well over 90 (around 95) but it dips to 85 for late games (the ones that start after dark).

If you want to go by game number, Tua's passer rating is over 100 for games 1-4, 5-8, and 9-12 but plummets to 78.4 in games 13 and beyond affraid affraid affraid

At home Tua is 15-3 as a starter with a passer rating of 99.3. On the road he's 8-8 with a passer rating of 91.6 with over twice as many INTs in two fewer games (14 to 6).

It's all right there, man. Tua generally plays well...except for key late season road games in prime time when he pretty much stinks. Unfortunately, the NFL is not going to stop scheduling road games for this team in December and January, and if this team's anywhere near playoff contention those games WILL be flexed to night. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if next year's schedule had as many as five road games after November, as much as the league hates the Fins.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TagoTu00/splits/

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Tua's Career Splits Empty Re: Tua's Career Splits

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:26 am

now that Miami is in its typical late season collapse, i was just wondering if the NFL might now regret flexing the Phins to a Saturday primetime game making 3 straight national audience games (Chargers in LA, Buffalo and followed by GB on Christmas). but then i thought, could this all be by design. might the NFL enjoy seeing the Dolphins (and Tua) exposed and embarrassed on a national stage? were the Phins purposely set up to fail with the back to back to back west coast to Buffalo away games late in the year. if it had to be done, couldn't this have been scheduled in October? funny how the NFL wasn't clamoring to get Miami to a national audience (or the networks sending their top announcing crews) when the Phins were riding that 5-game win streak and vying for the AFC east lead.

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:30 am

mercury22nathan wrote:now that Miami is in its typical late season collapse, i was just wondering if the NFL might now regret flexing the Phins to a Saturday primetime game making 3 straight national audience games (Chargers in LA, Buffalo and followed by GB on Christmas).  but then i thought, could this all be by design.  might the NFL enjoy seeing the Dolphins (and Tua) exposed and embarrassed on a national stage?  were the Phins purposely set up to fail with the back to back to back west coast to Buffalo away games late in the year.  if it had to be done, couldn't this have been scheduled in October?  funny how the NFL wasn't clamoring to get Miami to a national audience (or the networks sending their top announcing crews) when the Phins were riding that 5-game win streak and vying for the AFC east lead.

I cannot recall, in my 40 years of following the NFL, any other team having to play consecutive road games all the way across the nation and then follow that up with a third road game on a short week.

And yes, I completely believe the NFL has set this up to humiliate this team in front of as many viewers as possible. Now they have the added benefit of getting the Herberts into the playoffs.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:31 am

might the NFL enjoy seeing the Dolphins (and Tua) exposed and embarrassed on a national stage? were the Phins purposely set up to fail with the back to back to back west coast to Buffalo away games late in the year. if it had to be done, couldn't this have been scheduled in October? funny how the NFL wasn't clamoring to get Miami to a national audience (or the networks sending their top announcing crews) when the Phins were riding that 5-game win streak and vying for the AFC east lead.

I have no doubt that our "fans" in Bristol, CT (ESPN) are very much enjoying prime time games where the Fins get embarrassed (or even just lose).

white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:06 am

DolFan 316 wrote:And yes, I completely believe the NFL has set this up to humiliate this team in front of as many viewers as possible.

and of course the NFL has now stopped enforcing the phantom concussion rules they applied to Miami

https://sports.yahoo.com/de-vante-parker-chastises-nfl-which-is-probing-why-his-head-injury-wasnt-flagged-during-mondays-game-194516049.html

just exactly what was the concussion spotter doing on this play? must've been in line getting a beer and a hotdog. i truly believe the NFL would've let them play on had Aikman not said something (and the Cards challenged the catch ruling). and this was one of the most obvious concussion any viewer at home could see.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:10 am

Waiting to hear now all about Parker retiring from football, and the irresponsible mess the Patriots team is for not getting him off the field faster.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:12 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:And yes, I completely believe the NFL has set this up to humiliate this team in front of as many viewers as possible.

and of course the NFL has now stopped enforcing the phantom concussion rules they applied to Miami

https://sports.yahoo.com/de-vante-parker-chastises-nfl-which-is-probing-why-his-head-injury-wasnt-flagged-during-mondays-game-194516049.html

just exactly what was the concussion spotter doing on this play?  must've been in line getting a beer and a hotdog.  i truly believe the NFL would've let them play on had Aikman not said something (and the Cards challenged the catch ruling).  and this was one of the most obvious concussion any viewer at home could see.

Beat me to it! I literally just posted about this in the NFL forum.

Not even TRYING to pretend things aren't rigged now. That goes for not only the NFL but pretty much everything in life.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:14 am

white1 wrote:Waiting to hear now all about Parker retiring from football, and the irresponsible mess the Patriots team is for not getting him off the field faster.

Spoiler alert: You won't.

NFL literally made a rule to punish one team, used it ASAP to "send a message" to said team, and then...pretty much has ignored the rule and clearly wants everybody to forget that it exists.

Also, Kenny Pickett just had the second concussion of his rookie season (officially, that is). Anybody screaming for him to retire? Anyone??? Bueller???

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:21 am

Didn't they pull Kenny Pickett for head injury?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:16 am

CarsonChris wrote:Didn't they pull Kenny Pickett for head injury?

Yes, but no one seems to care about Kenny Pickett's health. When Tua got ONE concussion, people were screaming from the rooftops that he needed to retire and the Dolphins were negligent for letting him play. That was literally the top story around the country for two weeks. Just more anti-Dolphins bias.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down