The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Jevon, no

+3
white1
DolFan 316
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

No Jevon, no Empty No Jevon, no

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:03 am

Oh no Jevon. This isn't the path you want to go down...

This Fanbase should be ashamed of themselves. So what if the team was off it’s one game. They are all human

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-safety-jevon-holland-calls-125921199.html

first of all, its two - soon to be three games. and second, attacking the fanbase is never the right move. i'm gonna chalk this to Jevon being young and inexperienced.

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

No Jevon, no Empty Re: No Jevon, no

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:08 am

I saw this too!!! But I just didn't feel like saying anything about it.

He's lucky that after the inevitable Bills drubbing nobody will care enough to remember this or care that he'll look like an idiot.

Just typical 2020s victim mentality Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Prediction: Attendance will be around half capacity for the Packers game--and most of the fans will be cheering for the Packers.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:41 am

I understand the emotion.... to an extent.

At the same time, totally get the fanbase reaction to this team. Yes, SF and SD, we needed to win ONE of those two in order to keep pace in the playoff race. We actually were in both games late. Backbreaking drive the Chargers put on us ended that game, SF the 12 minutes we were down by 6 and failed to do anything on offense killed us.

So no, we didn't get blown out. But our offense looked, so, so bad in each game it was just demoralizing.

Holland needs to understand the fan base reaction to just LOSING a game, vs a game where we look lost on offense, the defense is getting pushed around, and we're losing to a rookie 7th round pick at QB. All of those things matter vs a competitive game losing on a last second FG or deep throw to Deebo Samuel or something. Two totally different experiences.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:03 pm

white1 wrote:I understand the emotion.... to an extent.

At the same time, totally get the fanbase reaction to this team.  Yes, SF and SD, we needed to win ONE of those two in order to keep pace in the playoff race.  We actually were in both games late.  Backbreaking drive the Chargers put on us ended that game, SF the 12 minutes we were down by 6 and failed to do anything on offense killed us.

So no, we didn't get blown out.  But our offense looked, so, so bad in each game it was just demoralizing.

Holland needs to understand the fan base reaction to just LOSING a game, vs a game where we look lost on offense, the defense is getting pushed around, and we're losing to a rookie 7th round pick at QB.  All of those things matter vs a competitive game losing on a last second FG or deep throw to Deebo Samuel or something.  Two totally different experiences.

After 2 days of scouring the internet I can conclusively say that the collective reaction of the fanbase this week is 1.) the Fins had no business losing to the Chargers and 2.) missing the playoffs is not only possible but now highly probable because of it. A lot of obviously longtime fans are like me and have reached a breaking point, as people tend to do when experiencing the same type and degree of negative events for years and years. A reaction that, based on pretty much everything this team's done in December for the last 35 years now (yes, the history of December death dives is that long) is completely justified to the point where expecting anything else to happen would literally be insane. There's also the feeling of being taken in by the "con" of Tua playing so well only to crumble when the going gets tough, and a second "con" of McDaniel being the one coach who'd be smart/good enough to finally get past what FF calls the Lucy Trigger only to show that no, he's really not. People are not just disgruntled, they're not just angry, they're shaken to the core the way you would be if you found out that everything you ever believed about life and the world was a lie.

Every week I watch a show on Youtube called On The FinSide, with our old pal NYFCat (he goes by BrianCat these days) as one of the co-hosts. He and Paul Picken always do a game preview and then a postgame review either Sunday or Monday night. But this week so far there's been no postgame show--because Brian apparently wore out his voice screaming during the game Shocked That's how bad this particular loss has been. It really does feel like a paradigm shift.

Then again, I wouldn't expect anyone from Holland's generation to show any empathy since it's literally been conditioned out of them since birth. They sure do expect YOU to care about THEIR pain though, even if it's completely artificial and contrived Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:06 pm

BTW here's a weird stat about the last two games. In both games the Fins had a season low 14 first downs, and gave up 24 (only the Bills had more this season so far). Yet people are still acting like the 16-point loss was a fluke, and the 6-point loss was a complete curbstomping scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:19 pm

Most of us have been fans longer than the players have been alive. If the secondary could actually stop the other team from marching right down the field we might've won those games.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:41 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:BTW here's a weird stat about the last two games. In both games the Fins had a season low 14 first downs, and gave up 24 (only the Bills had more this season so far). Yet people are still acting like the 16-point loss was a fluke, and the 6-point loss was a complete curbstomping scratch

The 2 games felt very different to me. I felt like we were in the 49ers game right till the end, but never had a chance against the Chargers.

Part of the reason is that the 49ers outgained us by under 50 yards, while the Chargers outgained us by over 200 yards. That, and the last scoring drive the Chargers had in the 4th quarter lasted 17 plays and almost 9 minutes...it was absolute torture to watch the Miami defense give up play after play after play.

Holland is right. He obviously should have kept his mouth shut, but the Dolphins fanbase changes like the weather. Win 2 games, it's the best team in football, all the players are great and we're making a run. Lose 2 games, everyone sucks, the season is over, we'll never win again, doom and gloom. I do it too, and I guess that's part of being a fan, but I feel like the Dolphins fanbase goes to extremes, both ways, more than most.

BUT...having said all that, I would strongly say that Holland is the most disappointing player on the entire team. He has done almost nothing of note this season. High expectations were set last season, but this season - he borderline sucks. So he is the LAST person on the team that should say anything.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:25 am

I think Holland is the one while in college who led the charge to change an old Buildings name because the old geezer who had donated all that money (that the school accepted!!) was a "bad man" long ago!

This is the sort of stupidity that irks me and calling out the fanbase shows he is a dipshyte when it comes to this sorta of stuff.

You are entitled to your opinion for sure, but when you start thinking your opinion is something EVERYONE else should believe just because it is yours... that's where we part ways, Jevon.

As Dave Chappelle says... paraphrased... "You can think you are a woman all you want, but where we disagree is what you think my level of participation in your belief requires."

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:58 pm

finfanatic wrote:I think Holland is the one while in college who led the charge to change an old Buildings name because the old geezer who had donated all that money (that the school accepted!!) was a "bad man" long ago!

This is the sort of stupidity that irks me and calling out the fanbase shows he is a dipshyte when it comes to this sorta of stuff.

You are entitled to your opinion for sure, but when you start thinking your opinion is something EVERYONE else should believe just because it is yours... that's where we part ways, Jevon.

As Dave Chappelle says... paraphrased... "You can think you are a woman all you want, but where we disagree is what you think my level of participation in your belief requires."

PREACH AWN, BRUTHA!!! FF OUT HERE DROPPING TRUTH BOMBS LIKE IT AIN'T NO THANG!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:41 pm

He Needs to Worry about making some Plays that Help us Win a Game.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum