The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins draft visits

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dolphins draft visits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins draft visits

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:08 pm

Did I just read that Miami has signed another castoff Jets WR: Chosen "Formerly Richie" Anderson?

Berrios, okay, that makes sense, but "Chosen" got booted out of NY for acting like a dinglefruit IIRC?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:46 pm

finfanatic wrote:Did I just read that Miami has signed another castoff Jets WR: Chosen "Formerly Richie" Anderson?

Berrios, okay, that makes sense, but "Chosen" got booted out of NY for acting like a dinglefruit IIRC?

Actually, formerly Robby Anderson. Richie was a Jets RB!

Anderson has good size and excellent speed, and can run go routes all day. Unfortunately, he's a poor route runner, doesn't have great hands, and is a bit of a locker room cancer. Definitely a strange signing IMO. BUT - he's supposedly getting a minimal one-year deal, so he can easily be cut in camp if he doesn't work out. For the price, I guess it's good to add another speed guy that has tons of experience...I just don't see how he fits on the roster.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:37 pm

JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:Did I just read that Miami has signed another castoff Jets WR: Chosen "Formerly Richie" Anderson?

Actually, formerly Robby Anderson.  Richie was a Jets RB!

Anderson has good size and excellent speed, and can run go routes all day.  Unfortunately, he's a poor route runner, doesn't have great hands, and is a bit of a locker room cancer.  Definitely a strange signing IMO.  BUT - he's supposedly getting a minimal one-year deal, so he can easily be cut in camp if he doesn't work out.  For the price, I guess it's good to add another speed guy that has tons of experience...I just don't see how he fits on the roster.

I'm glad you guys said something about this...because it gives me the chance to spill my vehement objections to this utterly nonsensical signing over to TWO threads now. MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

But seriously, absolutely nothing about this signing of this particular player helps this team in any way, shape or form win games. At all. So why do it? Reminds me so much of Ireland's pointless roster churn where he'd sign a guy one week and release him the next to sign another guy for a week and release HIM the next, etc. It's a complete waste of everyone's time and is really nothing more than pointless busywork to show people you're doing something. Might as well just bring in an undrafted guy or two. At least there's a slim chance an undrafted WR will show enough to stick and maybe even contribute. Hell, Sherfield and Cracraft were both undrafted and made the roster last season. And the undrafted rookie(s) would be cheaper. And if you're going to just bring in random guys willy-nilly then why not for the O-line? Makes at least as much sense.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:27 pm

I'm in agreement, 316. If I grasp at straws I suppose it's nice to have a vet on the roster in case of injury, but personally I'd rather just keep Cedric Wilson even if he is overpaid.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:39 am

Phins looking into more RB possibilities...

..the Dolphins privately worked out Georgia’s Kenny McIntosh and interviewed Arizona State’s Xazavian Valladay last week.

Tulane’s Tyjae Spears - who had 19 touchdowns last season - visited with Dolphins officials on Zoom.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article274084585.html

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:14 am

I think Spears is emerging as my favorite, even though I'm no longer convinced the Phins will draft a RB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:31 am

JMP wrote:I think Spears is emerging as my favorite, even though I'm no longer convinced the Phins will draft a RB.

I should say that rumors are swirling that the Phins are working on a deal for Dalvin Cook, so that's the main reason I am thinking no RB will be drafted...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:50 pm

I heard Cook is due around 10 mill this season, so I genuinely HOPE even Grier ain't dumb enough to trade picks for a 10 mill RB!!!

But then again, it is Grier, so...

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:30 pm

finfanatic wrote:I heard Cook is due around 10 mill this season, so I genuinely HOPE even Grier ain't dumb enough to trade picks for a 10 mill RB!!!

But then again, it is Grier, so...

The rumors are that the trade could involve Cedric Wilson and not a pick. I also assume Cook would tear up his current deal and sign a new one with whatever team acquires him, so that would significantly lower his 2023 cap hit. There is also talk that the Vikes could just outright cut him.

It will be an interesting situation to watch. Cook is a very good, sometimes even great, back and looks like an ideal fit for the Phins. I'm just not sure I want to pay big bucks to a veteran RB that isn't named Derrick Henry. I'd be very happy to get Cook if it does happen - just probably not the move I would make unless the money is right.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:15 pm

Starting another thread about the Cook situation shortly, including some eye-opening stats you'll want to see. Stay tuned...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:04 am

According to an NCAA source, Dolphins officials flew to South Dakota State to work out Tucker Kraft, a projected second-round pick. Kraft had 27 catches for 348 yards and three touchdowns in nine games last season.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article274300375.html

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2