The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exotic Cars

3 posters

Go down

Exotic Cars  Empty Exotic Cars

Post by JEGnj Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:35 pm

I took a class called Defensive Driving Auto Journalism. Basically it's a class where you get to drive exotic cars on a closed course but the company pays for it as higher education. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Benz, Porsche, Bently, Jag, Nissan.  Sorry for my language but it was FUCKING awesome. Floor it down a straightaway, take s curve, slalom 3 sets of cones and take a sharp turn back to the straightaway.  We have an instructor next to us but basically we controlled the speed and have hard we wanted to test the handling.  jocolor
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Exotic Cars  Empty Re: Exotic Cars

Post by JEGnj Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Posted a few pics on FinNation. Could not figure out how to do it here.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:01 pm

The hell?!?! Why doesn't this stuff ever happen to me?!?! Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Damn, that's one helluva defensive driving class! Shocked

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Just finished up. We were on a road course in the rain so we had to be a little cautious which took a little away. We did one lap with the instructor driving because the rain and to learn the course and then 3 laps 4 times in a car we chose and drove with the instructor as a passenger. First lap with the instructor driving was a 4 door Benz. This was a beautiful car but he drove like a professional on a track and I held the armrest and thought I was going to die so I don't remember much.
First Lamborghini. This was an incredible ride acceleration, handling, and braking. I DROVE this car and it was made to be driven.
Next up brand new Corvette. This was pure American Muscle but on the first S turns I gave it to much gas and fishtailed the rear end in the rain so I was a little overly cautious and probably not enjoyed it as much as if it was dry.
Next up the Ferrari. This again was pure incredible like the Lambo but the instructor said this is the only rear wheel car out of the bunch and the one most likely to loose it in the rain. I drove the car great but on the last turn going into the straightaway I punched it a little early and almost lost it. This machine was made for that so it corrected and I hit 100.
Last was the Jaguar F-type. This was not like pure machine feel of the Lambo or Ferrari but this was just a pure all around awesome ride. Power, Handling, and Luxury. This was the car to play with in the rain and hold the road.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:13 am

Lucky bastard Mad Razz

You do know that you're supposed to slow down when you begin a turn and then accelerate immediately afterwards, right?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:18 am

Man, that sounds awesome!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:20 pm

I can't figure out how to post pictures here but I put a few up on The Fin Forum if you want to check them out.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:31 pm

Just got confirmation on attending part II driving these cars on the actually road in convoys and swapping out cars so you can drive multiple ones. You can also bring a guest over 15 that can sit as a passenger. Bringing my 17 year old son. Class is on Sunday morning and the Fins are playing at 4. Should be an Awesome Day.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:43 am

Nice! What a great experience!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 pm

JEGnj wrote:Just got confirmation on attending part II driving these cars on the actually road in convoys and swapping out cars so you can drive multiple ones. You can also bring a guest over 15 that can sit as a passenger. Bringing my 17 year old son. Class is on Sunday morning and the Fins are playing at 4. Should be an Awesome Day.

As if I wasn't feeling old enough already, your son would've been born the year I started posting about this team.

(Starts sobbing.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:37 pm

We drove a Ferrari California, Lamborghini Gallardo, Nissan GTR, and a Bentley Convertible. Awesome. We drove for about 2 hours switching off 5 times. Highways, parkways, side roads just straight out driving, opening up, and playing. My son got to ride shotgun. Was a great time.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum