The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Will Be Even MORE Angry Now If...

4 posters

Go down

I Will Be Even MORE Angry Now If... Empty I Will Be Even MORE Angry Now If...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:57 pm

The Fins lose tonight, after the Bills just got knocked off again and the Lions were exposed as the TRUE frauds of the NFL. They have GOT to take ADVANTAGE of this!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

I Will Be Even MORE Angry Now If... Empty Re: I Will Be Even MORE Angry Now If...

Post by white1 Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:32 pm

Perspective.

All is not lost if we fail. This is game 7 ten more to play. Patriots and Jets righting the ship we can’t overlook them either.

Go Fins!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

I Will Be Even MORE Angry Now If... Empty Re: I Will Be Even MORE Angry Now If...

Post by white1 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:13 pm

Perspective.

All is not lost if we fail. This is game 7 ten more to play. Patriots and Jets righting the ship we can’t overlook them either.

Go Fins!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:38 pm

Hard to have any positive thoughts right now, knowing that when we face a good team the chances are that we'll get blown out. Beating up on bad teams will get us to the playoffs - but we aren't advancing if we continue to play like crap against legit teams.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:39 pm

We lost a golden opportunity today to put a stranglehold on the East. Now, the Bills and Jets are very much alive.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:48 am

Yup, I'm angry. Can you tell? Are my hints too subtle perhaps?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:59 am

Oh, and one more thing. Where's Claypool? You remember him, right? The guy Grier traded for out of the blue because gosh darn it, this team apparently NEEDED a 5th WR REALLY BADLY. Yeah, so badly that 3 weeks later he hasn't even done anything! Did he even play last night? Has he played any snaps at all? Seriously, WTF was the point of trading for a guy to have him sit on the bench indefinitely? Yeah, that "size/speed combo" is really helping this team win games, isn't it? Rolling Eyes Hey Grier, how about trading for, oh I don't know, maybe another DB or O-lineman? You know, positions where this team actually DOES need somebody? But noooo, he just HAAAD to trade for a player the Bears were 3 days away from releasing altogether (and players DO get released just ask Frank Clark) because *somebody* (I blame Welker) was yammering on about how River Cracraft needed replacing RIGHT NOW because nobody else in the WR room can BLOCK?!?! Are you fucking SERIOUS?!?! GTFO with that bullshit! Meanwhile, I have no idea who the hell's going to play guard next week! Last time I checked a football team needed TWO of 'em for a game!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:22 am

Claypool did play last night.

I still don't see why you are so upset about the Dolphins acquiring a #4/5 WR at no cost. We were thin at the position, and Grier made a move that literally cost the team nothing to make.

As for trading for an OL or DB, what team in the NFL is going to trade away a good player at those positions for a swap of 6th round and 7th round picks in 2025? It's not happening.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:27 am

JMP wrote:Claypool did play last night.

I still don't see why you are so upset about the Dolphins acquiring a #4/5 WR at no cost.  We were thin at the position, and Grier made a move that literally cost the team nothing to make.

Trading for a player mid-season a month before the deadline who literally does nothing with at least two other areas with paper-thin depth is still stupid no matter what the cost. Is Claypool even going to catch a pass this season at all? At least Robbie Chosen made his one reception count! I was told a 5th WR was a crying need. Obviously that was a big fat lie.

As for trading for an OL or DB, what team in the NFL is going to trade away a good player at those positions for a swap of 6th round and 7th round picks in 2025?  It's not happening.

I'm sure *some* team would considering the number of teams desperate to unload players for anything. And at least it would be another desperately needed body at O-line or DB who would definitely be playing. Also, there's this thing called a "practice squad" that Grier doesn't seem to be aware he can sign players from.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:38 am

A #4/5 receiver was a need - and they filled it.

If you know of any good OL or DBs that are available, I'm sure Grier would be all ears. Hell, I'm sure the other 31 teams in the league would love to know, too. But the fact is, good players at those positions are not available in-season. Why do you think the Giants pulled Justin Pugh off his couch?

As for poaching practice squad players, you can only poach them if they are added to the active roster. Right now, due to injuries, we don't have that luxury. Besides, what practice squad OL is going to make a difference? Any good OL is already on a 53-man roster.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:53 am

JMP wrote:A #4/5 receiver was a need - and they filled it.

You and I have different definitions of a need, then. My definition is a player who actually does something besides exist after being traded for. If it was such a need then how is it that the Fins won 2 games without this "needed" player doing a thing? scratch

If you know of any good OL or DBs that are available, I'm sure Grier would be all ears. Hell, I'm sure the other 31 teams in the league would love to know, too.  But the fact is, good players at those positions are not available in-season.  Why do you think the Giants pulled Justin Pugh off his couch?

So you're actually suggesting Grier start bringing in guys off the street/out of retirement? Because that's what he'll have to do if any more O-line or DB injuries strike.

As for poaching practice squad players, you can only poach them if they are added to the active roster.  Right now, due to injuries, we don't have that luxury.  Besides, what practice squad OL is going to make a difference?  Any good OL is already on a 53-man roster.

I always thought that if a team made an offer to another team's PS player, he had to either be signed to that team's active roster right away or go to the team making the offer. If a player is on an active roster then by definition he's not on the practice squad. But again, Grier will have to do *something* if even one more injury occurs, and he may need to regardless.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:04 am

You and I have different definitions of a need, then. My definition is a player who actually does something besides exist after being traded for. If it was such a need then how is it that the Fins won 2 games without this "needed" player doing a thing?  scratch

My definition is: we lost two receivers, and after calling one up from the PS we needed another one. It's not difficult. It's called depth.

No one ever expected Claypool to become a star player the moment he was added to the team. As everyone said, he is a #4 or 5 receiver at best on this team - and that's exactly where we needed depth.

So you're actually suggesting Grier start bringing in guys off the street/out of retirement? Because that's what he'll have to do if any more O-line or DB injuries strike.

Nope. I'm saying that there are literally no worthwhile OL available right now. To the point where the Giants, whose OL has been decimated by injuries to a greater extent than ours, had to resort to pulling a guy out of retirement. You seem to think that quality OL are all over the place, just waiting for the Dolphins to pick them up. That's not the reality. In fact, most teams can't even find 5 good OL starters - let alone quality depth.

I always thought that if a team made an offer to another team's PS player, he had to either be signed to that team's active roster right away or go to the team making the offer. If a player is on an active roster then by definition he's not on the practice squad. But again, Grier will have to do *something* if even one more injury occurs, and he may need to regardless.

That's what I said: in order to poach another team's PS player, we'd have to add that player to our active roster. We don't have that luxury because we have too many injuries - we don't have disposable players right now, because we need all hands on deck at OL, RB, WR, LB and DB. Adding a practice squad player that doesn't know our schemes and takes the place of a player that does isn't going to help anything.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:10 am

Adding Claypool hasn't helped anything either, and by your own admission he had to have taken up a roster spot needed for someone else.

I still say Grier's going to make a completely random, out of nowhere trade this week, because he just can't help himself. And you'll say it's a great move.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:14 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Adding Claypool hasn't helped anything either, and by your own admission he had to have taken up a roster spot needed for someone else.

I still say Grier's going to make a completely random, out of nowhere trade this week, because he just can't help himself. And you'll say it's a great move.

Claypool took the spot of a player on IR - that spot was needed for a receiver, and that's the position he plays. He's been on the team three weeks and has played in one game - of course he hasn't helped yet.

Grier might make a trade before the deadline, just like any GM might - I personally don't see it happening, but who knows.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:16 am

not arguing for or against the merits of this signing, but here's what McDaniel's said...

McDaniel said the team had a package for Claypool, and he was supposed to play more but the game flow forced Miami to turn from its set of plays for him.

“With Waddle leaving the game, it’s more difficult to get a newer player involved that way,” McDaniel said, “unless it’s in his package of plays, which, like I said, we kind of digressed what we were planning on getting done. He’s doing a great job. He carved out a little role with us already. So, I’m hoping that expands as he gets the opportunities to play within our offense.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article280871785.html

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:19 am

Our guys - most of them - didn't really "get" this scheme until Year Two.

Claypool will contribute, but it's not realistic to expect that to happen quickly with no offseason and coming from a totally different offense...
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:11 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:not arguing for or against the merits of this signing, but here's what McDaniel's said...

McDaniel said the team had a package for Claypool, and he was supposed to play more but the game flow forced Miami to turn from its set of plays for him.

“With Waddle leaving the game, it’s more difficult to get a newer player involved that way,” McDaniel said, “unless it’s in his package of plays, which, like I said, we kind of digressed what we were planning on getting done. He’s doing a great job. He carved out a little role with us already. So, I’m hoping that expands as he gets the opportunities to play within our offense.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article280871785.html

Losing Waddle for a big portion of the game definitely changed the plan on offense. But designing specific packages for Claypool is exactly what I expect as he learns the offense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum