The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks

4 posters

Go down

Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks Empty Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:43 pm

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-to-be-in-season-hard-knocks-team

While details are still to be finalized, what has been established is that the Miami Dolphins will be the team featured during the in-season "Hard Knocks" on Max this year.

As a point of reference, the 2022 in-season "Hard Knocks" began Nov. 9 and ran every Wednesday through Jan. 11 with the exception of the Cardinals' bye week.

Not a fan of Hard Knocks at all and I would much prefer that the Dolphins not have this added distraction.

But of course, I will watch it.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks Empty Re: Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:57 pm

This tells me the NFL has already decided to keep the Fins out of the playoffs by any means necessary. There's no way a team's going to be on Hard Knocks during the season if everything goes smoothly, there's no "drama" in that. Also that way when the regular season ends so does the show and the league can focus on Taylor Swift...I mean, the playoffs.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks Empty Re: Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:04 am

yep, this is the NFL saying, "we know you guys are headed for a downfall in dramatic fashion - and we want the world to see it!"

the Phins even tried to get out of it, but were overruled by the league. and had all their concerned pushed to the side...

McDaniel on the Dolphins appearing on HBO’s in-season “Hard Knocks”: “I wouldn’t call it a team decision. It’s something I conveyed to the team for the first time today. I see some positives with this particular team.”

McDaniel said the Dolphins were “worried about some of the competitive advantages leaving the building. In our short talks with the league and HBO, we’ve had those talks suppressed.”

suppressed. interesting word choice. not addressed. not discussed. but suppressed.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:58 am

The NFL has gone to heck in a pink and multi colored spirit ribbon bedazzled basket IMHO!

Goodell should be beat to absolute near death with a wiffle ball bat! But they would just replace him with another mealy mouthed woke idjit who pushes stupidity like it is a virtue!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:13 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:yep, this is the NFL saying, "we know you guys are headed for a downfall in dramatic fashion - and we want the world to see it!"

the Phins even tried to get out of it, but were overruled by the league.  and had all their concerned pushed to the side...

McDaniel on the Dolphins appearing on HBO’s in-season “Hard Knocks”: “I wouldn’t call it a team decision. It’s something I conveyed to the team for the first time today. I see some positives with this particular team.”

McDaniel said the Dolphins were “worried about some of the competitive advantages leaving the building. In our short talks with the league and HBO, we’ve had those talks suppressed.”

suppressed.  interesting word choice.  not addressed.  not discussed.  but suppressed.

McDaniel seems like a person that is very much aware of what he says and how he says it. I agree, merc - his use of the word "suppressed" speaks volumes.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:15 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Goodell should be beat to absolute near death with a wiffle ball bat!  But they would just replace him with another mealy mouthed woke idjit who pushes stupidity like it is a virtue!

I'll gladly supply the bat, and will even bring backups just in case.  On second thought, screw the wiffle bat - let's use Lucille from The Walking Dead!   Twisted Evil

There can't actually be anyone worse than Goodell...could there??? pale

Dolphins will be on the in-season version of Hard Knocks C2tJvL5WQAMpDUA

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:10 pm

JMP wrote:There can't actually be anyone worse than Goodell...could there??? pale

Oh, there absolutely could. The next commish could be a trans Hamas supporter who starts a campaign to force NFL fans to pay reparations.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:29 am

DolFan 316 wrote:The next commish could be a trans Hamas supporter who starts a campaign to force NFL fans to pay reparations.

wait, what? are you saying Rashida Tlaib will be the next NFL commissioner?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Razz

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:26 am

I watched the first two Hard Knocks episodes.  Biggest takeaway so far is how many F-bombs McD and LB coach Anthony Campanile drop!  LOL

It's a pretty pointless show overall, but I do enjoy seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff. One cool thing was seeing the prep for the Raiders game. McD made stopping Maxx Crosby priority #1.  The coaches told Tua that Crosby constantly gives little hits and pushes to the QB even after the play, so they had practice squad LB Quinton Bell harass Tua during practice - tapping him, bumping him and pushing him after every play, to prepare for Crosby.  Tua kept saying "thank you" after each hit!

The second episode focused on Phillips, leading up to his injury.  It was pretty gut-wrenching to see the up-close shots of him crying on the field, knowing his season was over.

Seeing Tyreek's wife and mother get nachos accidentally dropped on them during the Raiders game was pretty funny.

Anyone else watch it yet?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:27 am

Yeah, I've watched both episodes.

Nothing too startling, but it is enjoyable if you are a Phins Phans IMO.

The D-line group were at somebody's house and talking about how they had to be there for Phillips during recovery was extra cool.

There are some laugh out loud scenes though.

McD saying "I got kicked in the shoulder and punched in the dick!" was hilarious!

McD telling Ross he wanted in his next contract to get a big rapper style gold and diamond encrusted necklace like Jets Owner Woody Johnson was wearing!!

Of course, the pic of Tyreek's wife in her bikini was nice as well. Laughing

Supposedly she is Safety Kenny Vaccaro's sister?
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down