The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robbie Chosen Waived???

+4
mercury22nathan
finfanatic
JMP
DolFan 316
8 posters

Go down

Robbie Chosen Waived???  Empty Robbie Chosen Waived???

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:45 pm

I guess somebody had to go to make room for all the guys coming off IR but dagnabit Grier, you got rid of the wrong guy!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Plus now the damn Jets can sign him and pump him for intel affraid

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/11/dolphins-waive-wr-robbie-chosen

I guarantee Claypool wasn't the one cut because he was traded for. It surely can't be because he's done anything meaningful! No, I don't consider one good block meaningful unless it's up there with Jerry Kramer's in the '67 Ice Bowl.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Robbie Chosen Waived???  Empty Re: Robbie Chosen Waived???

Post by JMP Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:48 am

It's a numbers game. With Cracraft back, we had too many receivers. Claypool has more upside and provides an element of physicality that Chosen simply doesn't.

Chosen may be added to the PS again, but if not we already have Anthony Schwartz there, who pretty much has the same skills Chosen offers.

As for the Jets adding Chosen, I like the guy - I wouldn't wish that type of hell on my worst enemy!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:12 pm

I'll take Claypool and his antics over Chosen-Anderson or whatever his name is any day.

Really though, unless (knock on wood) the Phins suffer some WR injuries, neither was or is going to get a lot of snaps and not that many targets either IMO.

Next year though, when the Phins have drafted Oronde Gadsden II in the 5th round, they will finally have landed the big physical WR they have needed for a while!!! Laughing

Although, I have seen a mock or two where WRs Egbuka, Worthy or even Odunze drops to the Phins first round pick!

Would the Phins go for a WR with their 1st round pick if it was the BPA?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:00 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I guarantee Claypool wasn't the one cut because he was traded for. It surely can't be because he's done anything meaningful!

he did do something meaningful. he had surgery...

Meanwhile, receiver Chase Claypool had a knee procedure during the bye week and is out Sunday.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article281100558.html

he's week to week according to McDaniel. so i guess not major enough for IR, but bad enough to keep him out of commission for now - while he's taking up a roster spot.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:25 pm

I'm guessing just a little arthroscopic cleanup for Claypool? He should be back in no time if that's the case.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:29 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Although, I have seen a mock or two where WRs Egbuka, Worthy or even Odunze drops to the Phins first round pick!

It's a really interesting discussion - especially when you consider that Tyreek could potentially have just a year or two left in Miami after this season, and Waddle's current deal is up after 2024 (although the Phins could exercise the 5th year option).

Me? I'd absolutely consider a big WR or TE in round one. I want to see this offense expand beyond Hill and Waddle by adding size and physicality to the mix - take it to another level.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:41 pm

JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:

It's a really interesting discussion - especially when you consider that Tyreek could potentially have just a year or two left in Miami after this season, and Waddle's current deal is up after 2024 (although the Phins could exercise the 5th year option).

Me?  I'd absolutely consider a big WR or TE in round one.  I want to see this offense expand beyond Hill and Waddle by adding size and physicality to the mix - take it to another level.

As the cool kids say...Yeah, no. Evil or Very Mad

This team needs interior line reinforcement in the worst way--on both sides. Going another offseason without drafting or signing a true center should get Grier arrested because it would be a criminal offense. Yes, I'm totally serious. Also, this team has gotten multiple big, physical WRs and...refuses to ever play them because clearly that's not the type of WR McDaniel likes or wants.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:54 pm

See Ya. Didn't want him and said waste.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:54 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:

Me?  I'd absolutely consider a big WR or TE in round one.  I want to see this offense expand beyond Hill and Waddle by adding size and physicality to the mix - take it to another level.

As the cool kids say...Yeah, no. Evil or Very Mad

This team needs interior line reinforcement in the worst way--on both sides. Going another offseason without drafting or signing a true center should get Grier arrested because it would be a criminal offense. Yes, I'm totally serious. Also, this team has gotten multiple big, physical WRs and...refuses to ever play them because clearly that's not the type of WR McDaniel likes or wants.

As I've said, I would HATE to draft an interior OL in round one - just no reason for it when good players at those positions are available later. And I also think DTs can be found later as well - we'll be picking late in the first, all the top DTs will be long gone by then.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:01 pm

JMP wrote:As I've said, I would HATE to draft an interior OL in round one - just no reason for it when good players at those positions are available later.  And I also think DTs can be found later as well - we'll be picking late in the first, all the top DTs will be long gone by then.

Since when has this team EVER been able to find good players at interior OL "later"? Not for at least the last 28 years they haven't!

What would you suggest they do WHEN Wilkins walks because this team can't/won't pay him? If they can't afford Wilkins, how would they be able to pay another DT in FA?

They drafted a CB with the first pick this year when Ramsey had been signed and nobody had any idea he'd be hurt and they already had Howard, Kohou and Needham. How'd that work out? scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:55 am

One of the first two picks needs to be for a Olineman IMO. There are gonna be some great guards available. The OT position seems sort of scarce IMO at first glance.

finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:08 am

Btw, as one of the beat writers predicted, Chosen was waived, cleared waivers, and has been elevated for today's game vs the Raiders.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:58 am

Since when has this team EVER been able to find good players at interior OL "later"? Not for at least the last 28 years they haven't!

What would you suggest they do WHEN Wilkins walks because this team can't/won't pay him? If they can't afford Wilkins, how would they be able to pay another DT in FA?

In answer to your first question, Robert Hunt was a 2nd round pick.

If Wilkins leaves, we draft and/or sign another DT. It's not rocket science. Sure, he'd be a big loss - but he's not the only DT in the world.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:59 am

finfanatic wrote:One of the first two picks needs to be for a Olineman IMO. There are gonna be some great guards available. The OT position seems sort of scarce IMO at first glance.

A 2nd or 3rd round guard/center would be fine with me, but there's no reason to draft one in the first.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:54 pm

C shoukd be a priority then we have options with Connor Williams. Either cut trade resign or kick him back to guard.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:36 pm

Umix10 wrote:C shoukd be a priority then we have options with Connor Williams. Either cut trade resign or kick him back to guard.

I take it there was yet more snap shananigans?

It cannot be more obvious that Grier MUST draft or sign a starting center. Therefore, he will refuse to ever do it.

Back to the thread subject, I see the Chosen One contributed more in this game than Claypool will all season. Thank GOD he cleared waivers.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:32 pm

Chosen really doesn't fit the scheme to be honest. Athleticism and speed is what all the other recievers in the room share. Except Chosen, Claypool, and Wilson. These players have 1 trick, outside jump balls. And if I had to pick of the 3 I would pick Claypool. He's younger, faster, and bigger. And if needed he could be a TE in a pinch. Giving more flexibility on a Game Day roster.

That being said, I think that's why McD is intrigued with Schwartz. Smaller, quick and fast. Very difficult when you consider substitution patterns Miami seems to employ. Seriously, I think thats what's killing the run game on non hill and waddle plays. You have 2 seperate packages. The 5'10 and under package and the 6'0 and over package.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:49 pm

Center only becomes a priority if we let Williams walk. There is absolutely no way I'd move Williams to guard if we keep him. He was an average guard with Dallas, and now he is a top-tier center with Miami. I'd prefer to keep him if at all possible, and then bring in a backup center (or promote Aluave if he's ready next season). I think Hunt and Jackson would be my free agent priorities on the line, with Williams a very close third.

And no, 316, there were no bad snaps yesterday!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:04 pm

Chosen did Catch 2 for 30 yesterday as a Contribution to the Team, Next Year Williams, Hunt & Jackson are All F/A and I don’t see all 3 be resigned.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 pm

finskev wrote:Next Year Williams, Hunt & Jackson are All F/A and I don’t see all 3 be resigned.

I really hope we can find a way to keep all 3, but it is unlikely. As I said, Hunt and Jackson would be my priorities - keep the homegrown players!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:40 am

Absolutely!!  Hunt and Jackson.  

Miami's cap space ain't great either I think I read?

Plus, what about Wilkins? They do not have a replacement and unless they want to use the 1st or 2nd on a DT....

I really do not care who the Phins have as the 54th and 6th WR!  Rolling Eyes

I just really wish EZ had stayed healthy and could have contributed.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:06 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Miami's cap space ain't great either I think I read?

Yep, but the good news is that there is a lot we can do to free up space. I doubt we'll be major players in free agency, but we should be able to keep a bunch of our own players.

Wilkins can always be franchised, so we do have some control there - even if that does impact the cap.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:34 pm

UPDATE: Chosen is back on the 53 man roster. he is taking Ahmed's place. Ahmed is now on IR with a foot in jury. We added RB Darryton Evans to the practice squad again.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:22 pm

JMP wrote:UPDATE: Chosen is back on the 53 man roster.  he is taking Ahmed's place.  Ahmed is now on IR with a foot in jury.  We added RB Darryton Evans to the practice squad again.

Wait...WHAAAAT?!?! The guy who literally had the first TD catch of his career is suddenly hurt now?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

This is what gets me, the "oh BTW, Player X is out for the season now even though during the game he seemed perfectly fine and literally nobody mentioned him being hurt at all for at least 24 hours afterwards" thing that this team does on a regular basis. Maybe it's just me but I never see ANY other team blindsiding people like this. You always know exactly who's hurt ASAP with them.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:41 am

It did seem like Ahmed was banged up in the game, but certainly didn't look like anything serious. IR definitely came out of nowhere!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down