The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins at Commanders predictions, news and notes

+2
finfanatic
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Phins at Commanders predictions, news and notes Empty Phins at Commanders predictions, news and notes

Post by JMP Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:56 pm

Injury news:
Sounds like Holland and Lamm will not play vs the Commanders.  Armstead should be back, though.  Lester Cotton did not practice today, but I don't know if it's an injury or something else.  OL injuries are just non-stop.

Anyway, the Commanders throw the ball a ton and Sam Howell does as much bad as he does good.  I think the Dolphins defense holds Howell and the offense in check and gets a bunch of sacks and a couple of turnovers.  The Dolphins offense should shred a weak Commanders D.

Another blowout win against a bad team: Dolphins 37 - Commanders 13

Last edited by JMP on Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins at Commanders predictions, news and notes Empty Re: Phins at Commanders predictions, news and notes

Post by finfanatic Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:04 pm

This the Dolphins on the road and they can/have been abysmal at times on the road.

Still... this is another bad team and I suspect you are right.

Score will depend on how many turnovers Miami has on offense and how many the Phins D can force.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Phins at Commanders predictions, news and notes Empty Re: Phins at Commanders predictions, news and notes

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:21 pm

Good news is, Howell is tied for the league lead in both INTs and pick sixes Cool

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/leaders.htm

I'm just hoping the Del Rio Firing doesn't lead to the same immediately and vastly better results the Dorsey firing did for the Bills affraid

If Tua can just avoid the lure of the siren song of 3-yard outs, the Fins should be fine. SHOULD be. I still have PTSD from last year's 8-3 start becoming 8-8 that won't start going away until they get win #9.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:19 pm

I'm still enjoying the win over the Jets.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:09 am

I heard it is going to be cold, rainy and windy on Sunday in.... Where do the Red...er...Commanders play? Maryland I think??

Tua ain't good with any of those conditions IMO. Wasn't it the Titans game a few years ago (??) in a downpour where Tua looked hideous and that led to a blowup with Flores??

As always, if the Phins can run the ball effectively, they have a chance.

Tua just can't be giving up turnovers that lead to easy points for the opposition.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:10 pm

I don't think Tua has any issues in rain games, at least not more than other QBs. That Titans game was a torrential downpour that would impact any QB, and Flores did not allow the team to practice with wet footballs to simulate the conditions. That game created a narrative that "Tua sucks in the rain", but it's just another example of fake news.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:24 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Tua just can't be giving up turnovers that lead to easy points for the opposition.

No QB in the NFL can give up turnovers that lead to easy points for the opposition. It's a basic rule of football that doesn't only apply to Tua.

But - Tua did give points to the Jets last week, and the Dolphins won 34-13.

Then again, Jalen Hurts threw an INT against that same Jets team that led to the game-winning TD for the Jets, and he threw 2 other INTs in that game too. But that game got swept under the rug as soon as it happened and those turnovers don't haunt Hurts. And oh yeah - I seem to recall Josh Allen turning the ball over 4 times against that same Jets team, leading to 13 Jets points, in a 6-point loss. But no one mentions that game now and Allen is still treated like an infallible football god. I guess the moral of the story is, turnovers count more for Tua, even in games he wins?

BTW - not singling you out at all FF - I'm just sick and tired of Tua being held to standards that just don't exist for any other QB.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:55 pm

Achane is going to play Sunday! That's great news - but let's hope he stays healthy.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:28 pm

did you know that Vegas made more money last week than they have since this season began? they had been pretty much playing the middle all season and reaping their cut, but last week the Packers at Lions game was the 2nd most heavily betted game all season (the most was Week 1 Buff at NYJ) and Ohio St at Michigan was the most ever wagered college football game (due to the proliferation of gambling websites). the public money was very much - (like 80/20) on both the Lions and the Buckeyes and Vegas made a KILLING!! makes you wonder about some of those questionable calls in both games, huh...sshhhh, move along, nothing to see here.

so what does this have to do with the Dolphins? absolutely nothing. Phins are favored by 9.5. Miami is 6-1 against the spread as favorites and the Commanders are 1-4 against the spread at home. oh boy howdy. money, money, money.

As FF said, its supposed to be rainy and little chill (not freezing), but Jimmy crack corn and i don't care.

Miami - 31
Washington - 10

Phins get 3 rushing TDs as 2 RBs go over 100 yards.

DO NOT GAMBLE.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:40 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:did you know that Vegas made more money last week than they have since this season began?  they had been pretty much playing the middle all season and reaping their cut, but last week the Packers at Lions game was the 2nd most heavily betted game all season (the most was Week 1 Buff at NYJ) and Ohio St at Michigan was the most ever wagered college football game (due to the proliferation of gambling websites).  the public money was very much - (like 80/20) on both the Lions and the Buckeyes and Vegas made a KILLING!!  makes you wonder about some of those questionable calls in both games, huh...sshhhh, move along, nothing to see here.

so what does this have to do with the Dolphins?  absolutely nothing.  Phins are favored by 9.5.  Miami is 6-1 against the spread as favorites and the Commanders are 1-4 against the spread at home.  oh boy howdy.  money, money, money.

As FF said, its supposed to be rainy and little chill (not freezing), but Jimmy crack corn and i don't care.  

Miami - 31
Washington - 10

Phins get 3 rushing TDs as 2 RBs go over 100 yards.

DO NOT GAMBLE.

Great stuff, merc!

All these gambling sites that are popping up everywhere (and advertising HEAVILY during all sporting events) really do make it difficult to give refs the benefit of the doubt these days. The amount of money on the line is greater than it's ever been, and increasing by the day. Where mega-money is involved, corruption follows - and it is not hard to imagine some of that money funneling down to the refs to make a call or three during a game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:56 pm

Metcalf passed Hill Last Night for the Fastest TD at 22.23 MPH, SO I think Mr Cheetah will want to get His Lead Back , You Know that He Knows about it. Which could be to our Benefit.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down