The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down to 1 IR designee

5 posters

Go down

Down to 1 IR designee Empty Down to 1 IR designee

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:00 am

i wasn't sure if this was worthy of its own thread, but i didn't really see anywhere else that it would be appropriate - and i thought it might raise an interesting discussion.

The Dolphins’ decision to place Jerome Baker on injured reserve with his MCL injury means he can return no sooner than the regular-season finale against Buffalo.

But agent Drew Rosenhaus said on his weekly WSVN-Fox 7 segment on Sunday night that Baker should be able to return this season.

“Just talking to the doctors, the doctors feel like he will be back this season,” Rosenhaus said. “This isn’t going to be a season-ending injury. I don’t want to put any pressure on him by putting a specific time frame…

“He’s a fast healer. If I had to make a prediction, I would say he would be back by the end of the season. Whether that’s in four weeks or five weeks, I don’t know the answer to that.”

The Dolphins can bring only one more player back off injured reserve, and Baker is the favorite for that spot. Isaiah Wynn and Salvon Ahmed also are on injured reserve.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article282580408.html

with the Dolphins down to one IR returnee, do you save that spot for Baker - who may or may not be healed in time for the playoffs - or given the OL injuries, do you hope for Wynn's return to health? do you consider how relatively better than their replacements each player might be - is Baker better than Riley more so than Wynn is better than Eich?

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Down to 1 IR designee Empty Re: Down to 1 IR designee

Post by finfanatic Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:05 am

Let's see how the Phins run the ball in the next few weeks?

I was all ready to see Wynn back soonest, but.... the backups are doing OKAY.

That may change when the Phins face better teams, but...

I think the Phins are good with Mostert, Achane, Wilson and Brooks, so I would leave Ahmed hanging.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:11 am

Agree on Ahmed - lowest priority for sure.

The way I've read some conversations on Twitter, Wynn coming back sounds like it's very unlikely - his injury is pretty severe (anecdotal, may not be true?)

Baker probably makes the most sense, we're getting pretty thin at LB.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:12 am

finfanatic wrote:Let's see how the Phins run the ball in the next few weeks?

I was all ready to see Wynn back soonest, but.... the backups are doing OKAY.

That may change when the Phins face better teams, but...

I think the Phins are good with Mostert, Achane, Wilson and Brooks, so I would leave Ahmed hanging.

I agree with this. But I had no idea Brooks was back, when did this happen? scratch

I'll put it another way: we've seen the offense without Wynn for a few games now and...they've performed pretty much the same as when he was in. Fans were calling Ahmed a useless POS after the Chiefs game, and he's done next to nothing for 2 years. Baker is and should be a far higher priority than those two.

I also remember expressing concern over how quickly and haphazardly the Fins were using up their allotment of designated IR returns a few weeks back and how it might come back to haunt them. If I'm a GM I don't put ANYBODY on IR unless I've been told by medical professionals they're 100% guaranteed to miss at least 4 games, and even THEN if it's 5 or 6 games I might waffle. Unless there's some league rule about this I don't know about, it's flat out irresponsible and short-sighted to have more than 4 players on IR at all with half a season left.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:12 am

By the way, is Tindall the next player to emerge from the Flores / Boyer mess?

We knew he was raw coming out of college, but the athletic ability is undisputable. IMO it's a matter of time before he's coached up and ready to contribute.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:17 am

white1 wrote:By the way, is Tindall the next player to emerge from the Flores / Boyer mess?

We knew he was raw coming out of college, but the athletic ability is undisputable.  IMO it's a matter of time before he's coached up and ready to contribute.

Nah, I wrote him off before last season was over. He's got bust written all over him--in five languages. You KNOW a draft pick is bad when you literally hear nothing about him to the point where you forget he's even on the team. He's the new Iggy, except that even Iggy somehow at least made ONE play. BTW none of these Georgia defensive draftees the last couple of years have impressed me at all, at this point it really does look like it was the system there propping them up.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:08 pm

Great topic, merc.

The easy answer right now is Baker. But if we have to add a more important player to short-term IR, than Baker is shit out of luck.

It seems like there is no chance of Wynn returning, so I'm not even considering him.

It would be great if we had just one more spot available, just in case. With the crazy amount of injuries this season, I really hope the league increases the number of IR returns next season.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum