The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December collapse

5 posters

Go down

December collapse Empty December collapse

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:54 pm

It's over. We are going to lose out the rest of the year. Injuries and poor play calling. Terrible.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

December collapse Empty Re: December collapse

Post by HalCHorn Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:01 am

Oh, I think we will be 10-6 going into the finale with Buffalo, with the # 3 or 4 seed on the line and we might well end up playing them back to back weeks.

But yeah, this won't be a Super Bowl team, not unless we can somehow win out. All margin for error went out the window tonight, for absolutely no reason.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:25 am

McDaniel and Fangio did not have their team prepared at all, and both got thoroughly outcoached.

I would not be surprised at all by a 9-8 finish and no playoffs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:24 am

Welp, I see there's no need for me to even make a farewell post, since you guys all completely understand why I feel the way I feel.

Not sure I'll even live through nest year TBH. Just too many bad things happening that will not stop.

A 3 game division lead with 5 games left will turn into no playoffs at all, it has already been decided. No need for me to care anymore now. The NFL has decided it would rather have a team with a terrorist supporting coach win instead because in today's clown show world that's somehow that 'proper" opinion to have all of a sudden. But yeah, end racism and stuff Rolling Eyes

I hate that you guys are miserable, but at least you don't think I'm crazy now.

I'm NOT blaming anybody for this. It doesn't make sense that what we feel and say should even affect this team's performance one way or the other. But man oh man, every single time the fan base becomes arrogant and starts talking about easy wins and big win streaks and one seeds and the Super Bowl as if the Fins have done anything close to that in decades, this kind of game ALWAYS happens. Remember when the Jets, Pats and Bills were all supposed to be in severe decay and disarray? It was just last week but it seems like a lifetime ago now. As does this team actually being good.

(Sighs.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:11 am

I'm blaming McDaniel for this loss. The offense couldn't move the ball when necessary and couldn't score touchdowns when needed. The play calling was abysmal. When the Titans closed to within six that was the offensive drive we needed to be creative on. Two running plays against a stacked box. Where's the fucking play action? 

Also the Dolphins failing to use a TE regularly is a glaring mistake in this offense's design.

CarsonChris

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:31 am

Yeah, I think my suggestion that McD let somebody, anybody... help him call plays especially when the plays he has been calling are getting the offense NOWHERE!! is a good one.

Ain't goinna happen, but...

I think a lot of the problem is McD's laid back approach also. As long as the players are more interested in planning endzone TD choreographies instead of focusing on the actual JOB, the Phins are going to have problems IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:12 am

CarsonChris wrote:I'm blaming McDaniel for this loss. The offense couldn't move the ball when necessary and couldn't score touchdowns when needed. The play calling was abysmal. When the Titans closed to within six that was the offensive drive we needed to be creative on. Two running plays against a stacked box. Where's the fucking play action? 

Also the Dolphins failing to use a TE regularly is a glaring mistake in this offense's design.

Yep, the inconsistent use of the run game and ignoring the TEs in the pass game are both glaring weaknesses. As good as Tyreek is, the offense can't be just him - and right now, it is.

And the defense has to stop with this soft zone crap late in games - it's maddening.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down