The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG OMG OMG!!! BILLS TRADE DIGGS TO TEXANS!!! NOT A JOKE!!!

+2
JMP
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

OMG OMG OMG!!! BILLS TRADE DIGGS TO TEXANS!!! NOT A JOKE!!! Empty OMG OMG OMG!!! BILLS TRADE DIGGS TO TEXANS!!! NOT A JOKE!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:24 pm

Apparently this happened only around an hour ago or less, and I found it out by sheer accident from...Tom Grossi of all people. Shocked Shocked Shocked This is not April 1, so it's real. And it gives me an excuse to insert another video to boot! cheers cheers cheers Also, all they got was a 2nd--next year!

NOW I believe the Bills might be having a dropoff.

Yup, it's actually happening.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39866413/sources-bills-finalizing-trade-star-wr-stefon-diggs-texans

Bills going WR with their first pick, calling it now. The Strouds Texans will be the ones who finally knock off the Chiefs and reach the Super Bowl, also calling it now.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

OMG OMG OMG!!! BILLS TRADE DIGGS TO TEXANS!!! NOT A JOKE!!! Empty Re: OMG OMG OMG!!! BILLS TRADE DIGGS TO TEXANS!!! NOT A JOKE!!!

Post by JMP Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:51 pm

I have to watch the video when I have a chance!

Not a great move for Diggs, considering the Texans already have a bunch of receivers. How long till he starts complaining?

The Bills currently have the worst WR corps in the NFL, by a big margin. They will be drafting a WR or two very high without a doubt.

Apparently the Bills are getting a 2nd round pick in 2025, and the Texans are also getting a 5th and 6th in 2025. Wow!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

OMG OMG OMG!!! BILLS TRADE DIGGS TO TEXANS!!! NOT A JOKE!!! Empty Re: OMG OMG OMG!!! BILLS TRADE DIGGS TO TEXANS!!! NOT A JOKE!!!

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:19 pm

Apparently, all that turmoil was real and the Diggs and Allen animosity was and is still very real.

Not only did the Bills trade Diggs for next to nothing, but I just heard they are on the hook for huge chunk of dead cap money!!!

This was something the Bills were forced to do IMO. Not something they wanted to do.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:44 pm

LOL The Tom Grossi video is awesome, as always! That dude always has his finger on the pulse!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:47 pm

finfanatic wrote:Apparently, all that turmoil was real and the Diggs and Allen animosity was and is still very real.

Not only did the Bills trade Diggs for next to nothing, but I just heard they are on the hook for  huge chunk of dead cap money!!!

This was something the Bills were forced to do IMO. Not something they wanted to do.

Yep, sounds like Diggs was reaching a level that the team just couldn't deal with anymore.

Maybe the Bills did this strategically - to try to bring the Texans down with a case of "Diggs-related cancer"? scratch Seriously, I can't wait to see how he reacts to being the #3 or 4 receiving option in Houston. I'm sure that'll end well!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:54 pm

You know when a Team is desperate to trade a Player when the other team give you one Pick and You give them Two Plus the Player. Maybe Diggs will finally become a team player since He probaly won't be catching 100 Passes this Year. I wouldn't expect it but You never know.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:40 pm

I heard... I think it was Florio... saying that the Bills have gotten rid of anybody who did not want Joshie to be the team leader and showed him any disrespect.

The fact they had to give up that much along with the player and take that cap hit shows you how much of a problem Diggs was... last season and would have been this season. All the while Joshie was talking about Diggs being his "buddy" and Diggs was being a disrespectful arsehole behind the scenes.

I really hope the Bills come completely unglued this season.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:08 am

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:20 am

NBC Sports wrote:The Texans removed the final three years of Stefon Diggs’ current contract, making him eligible for free agency after 2024.

In what is one of the more interesting moves we’ve seen by a team in recent memory, the Texans not only removed the final three years of Diggs’ contract, but took the $3.5 million he was guaranteed for 2025 and added it to his 2024 pay, giving him $22.52 million in guaranteed money this season. Diggs, 30, was under contract through the 2027 season, but will now get to play for the Texans on what’s essentially a one-year deal. Diggs now has a chance to play his way into a lucrative new contract this season, although it will be interesting to see what kind of offer he could fetch ahead of what would be his age-31 season.

17h ago
Source: Adam Schefter

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:26 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

Classic! That was award worthy! So dramatic! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:17 am

That was a hilarious video.

Texans are doing things right it looks like to me.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:24 am

I wouldn't dance on the Bills grave just yet.

Apparently they began phasing Diggs out of their offense around mid season. By late November, Trent Sherfield was getting more snaps. This coincided with the Bills closing run going 6-2 to get the playoff berth.

We have to find a way to limit Josh Allen, he's literally been Superman against us. For years.

I just don't think Diggs leaving is that much of a blow. They did lose quite a few players on defense, so we can hope they took a step back on that side of the ball...
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:13 am

i guess Diggs' attitude has finally caught up with him. the Bills were clearly motivated to get rid of him for a 2nd rounder (not even this year, but in 2025) and willingness to swallow the huge dead money cap hit. the Texans see him as one-year player by voiding the remainder of his contract. it'll be interesting to see what his market will be like after next season.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:38 pm

white1 wrote:I wouldn't dance on the Bills grave just yet.

Apparently they began phasing Diggs out of their offense around mid season.  By late November, Trent Sherfield was getting more snaps.  This coincided with the Bills closing run going 6-2 to get the playoff berth.

We have to find a way to limit Josh Allen, he's literally been Superman against us.  For years.  

I just don't think Diggs leaving is that much of a blow.  They did lose quite a few players on defense, so we can hope they took a step back on that side of the ball...

I don't know that it was the Bills phasing out Diggs as much as it was the new OC relying more on the running game. Sherfield is a good blocker, and Diggs isn't - so that would explain Sherfield getting increased snaps (although he only had more snaps than Diggs once). But Diggs is a great player, and there's no doubt that having him on the field takes pressure off everyone else on offense.

It remains to be seen if the Bills can adequately replace Diggs. Fact is, right now their WR corps sucks. They've also lost a bunch of key players on defense, as white mentioned. It is absolutely fair IMO to say that the Bills have gotten worse. That could change depending on what else they do this offseason, but as of now they have taken a step back.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:32 am

As long as the Bills got Joshie-boy, they are dangerous.

I think Maye in this year's draft MIGHT turn out to be Josh-like! If I couldn't get Williams, I would take a shot on Maye I think.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:40 am

finfanatic wrote:As long as the Bills got Joshie-boy, they are dangerous.

I think Maye in this year's draft MIGHT turn out to be Josh-like! If I couldn't get Williams, I would take a shot on Maye I think.

I'm not really sold on Williams or Maye, and it won't help that they're going to be on the Bears and Commanders, two teams with the power to turn anything they touch into crap.  I think Daniels is the one QB in this class that could turn into a superstar - maybe.  (and I hope I'm wrong, since he will probably be a Patriot.)

But yes, Josh Allen will always be a threat (until he inevitably gets hurt). I think he regressed last season, especially with turnovers, but he's still a beast.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:57 pm

JMP wrote:I'm not really sold on Williams or Maye, and it won't help that they're going to be on the Bears and Commanders, two teams with the power to turn anything they touch into crap.  I think Daniels is the one QB in this class that could turn into a superstar - maybe.  (and I hope I'm wrong, since he will probably be a Patriot.)

For once, you and I agree on something  Shocked  Razz Sort of. I think Daniels could eventually reach Dak Prescott-level. Which, despite what Cowboys fans say, is actually pretty good.

But yes, Josh Allen will always be a threat (until he inevitably gets hurt).  I think he regressed last season, especially with turnovers, but he's still a beast.

Josh Allen has a very punchable face. Yes, I said it. Will Levis, too.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:05 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

Josh Allen has a very punchable face.

And there's another thing we agree on. Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down