The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Someone Explain To Me Why...

3 posters

Go down

Can Someone Explain To Me Why... Empty Can Someone Explain To Me Why...

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:59 pm

The Rams would pass up Johnny Newton at 19? I could swear I heard that Aaron Donald retired. They currently don't have anybody anywhere near good enough to even begin to fill that void. Newton is as close to being a Donald type as you'll ever see for the next few years at least, and there's a 99% chance he'll be there at 19. Am I missing something here? scratch This seems to me as good a fit for any team outside the top 5 as any in the entire draft. And yet not a single mock I've seen has this happening. Why???

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can Someone Explain To Me Why... Empty Re: Can Someone Explain To Me Why...

Post by JMP Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:33 pm

I agree, and I actually did see Newton to the Rams in a mock this morning...maybe CBS? Seems like an ideal match.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:18 pm

Yeah, right around the time his name changed from Je'Zan (or whatever it was? to Johnny, he sort of started dropping.

I heard an early scouting report on him compare him to Donald, so yeah, this would seem like a good pick for the Rams.

I did see something awhile back where McVay and CO. seem to be thinking that with some good personnel moves this season, they might be a SB sleeper pick!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:27 pm

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, right around the time his name changed from Je'Zan (or whatever it was? to Johnny, he sort of started dropping.

I have to be honest, the name change annoyed me, and I can't figure out why. Jer'Zhan was unique, it had cache. But Johnny??? Johnny just sounds...well, it sounds like some white nine to fiver. What'll he do next, decide on the first day of the draft to change his last name to Appleseed? Rolling Eyes Why can't these whippersnappers today just "identify" by one name and stick to it?

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:48 pm

I'm with you, 316. Jer'Zhan was a cool name...Johnny is just so white bread! LOL

As for the Rams being a sleeper Super Bowl pick, the NFC still looks wide open so why not? I'm not sure they have a good enough defense and their OL has holes, but if Stafford stays healthy they will be in the mix.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum