The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going On Indefinite Hiatus

+4
finfanatic
JEGnj
JMP
DolFan 316
8 posters

Go down

Going On Indefinite Hiatus Empty Going On Indefinite Hiatus

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm

I should've known this draft would drive me to it but the Robinson pick was just enough to fool me into thinking things might be different before Lucy Grier snatched the football away yet again. So tired of this garbage. No idea when or if I'll be back. If I don't return then I can at least say it's been fun posting with you guys over the past 25 years or so.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Going On Indefinite Hiatus Empty Re: Going On Indefinite Hiatus

Post by JMP Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

OK, seems like an overreaction to things not going the way you wanted, but do what you have to do. Personally, I'm looking forward to getting into some post-draft and undrafted FA discussions.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm

I do apologize for letting my anger get the best of me and lashing out at you. There was no need for that.

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 pm

Bro if I didn't checkout yet you can't. Missed today. Need a recap of our draft.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 am

Just go on your Grier Did It Again annual recovery vacation and come back when things start heating up.

We are all going to have to face the fact Grier is not going to draft an IOL unless he has no other player options for the position apparently.

At least he got TWO EDGE players. And I think there is a chance Kamara turns out to be a steal!!

Oh and the fact Grier traded a next year's pick for Wright is the only reason I am not reminding youse guys It was ME who said that he had McD Type RB written all over him!!!

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 am

Let me offer this for some perspective.

Friend of mine at work is typically a very pessimistic fan of this team. And most times, he's right.

Yesterday he shocked me when I got his text "the Fins had a very good draft". While acknowledging that Chop Robinson and Paul are not finished products, what can't be debated is they have the athletic tools to succeed. It's up to the coaching staff to work on the fundamentals with each of them. Hand placement, footwork, balance. Chop will need to develop counters and learn how to translate "speed to power".

Getting a second edge player was a very smart move.

I'm very happy with the RB and WRs we drafted. More weapons for an offense that struggled to find an answer once Hill and Waddle were banged up.

Let's not forget the UDFA class either. Rumor has it that Marvin Allen is orchestrating those moves, widely reported as the best talent evaluator in the building and highly respected across the league.

DF I understand you were highly disappointed by the draft selections - I think it was the RB that was the last straw. I get it. But now is not the time to quit this team. Let's wait until the season starts. Oh, and there are going to be more vets added post June 1. This roster isn't done yet. But I really like the youth we brought in over the last few days.
white1
white1

JMP and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Hey, draft day is an emotional time for all of us. We can all be forgiven.

This year, though, I was mostly pleased, with the exception of one pick, and one position of need being an afterthought.  Day 3 was a success IMO.  

Malik Washington and Mohamed Kamara could have been picked 1-2 rounds earlier and I wouldn't have batted an eye.  Wright should form a great 1-2 tandem with Achane when Mostert reaches the end of the line.  

If Grier is right that we are getting two compensatory 3rd rounders, then we won't miss the one just traded.  But on the other hand, if the league screws us again.....

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I do apologize for letting my anger get the best of me and lashing out at you. There was no need for that.

No need to apologize at all - I don't take it personally. I fully expected you to hate the draft...I was pleasantly surprised that you, for a few minutes at least, liked the Chop pick! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:45 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Oh and the fact Grier traded a next year's pick for Wright is the only reason I am not reminding youse guys It was ME who said that he had McD Type RB written all over him!!!

That was a great call, FF. I had sort of written Wright off because there were other backs I was looking at, and that Tennessee offense is really odd. But you can't deny the match for the Phins with Wright's explosiveness and athleticism.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:I do apologize for letting my anger get the best of me and lashing out at you. There was no need for that.

No need to apologize at all - I don't take it personally.  I fully expected you to hate the draft...I was pleasantly surprised that you, for a few minutes at least, liked the Chop pick!  LOL

oh come on. one of my favorite parts of this board is seeing you two ying/yangs going at it. the complete infallible bliss of viewing this team through aqua/orange lenses versus the conspiracy laced paranoia of never doing anything right is like Luke and Darth fighting for our Dolphins' souls. (hopefully that made you chuckle and pissed you off too)

i refuse to acknowledge this thread any further.

mercury22nathan

JMP, JEGnj, finskev and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 61finfan Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 pm

Aww geez I just got here. Don’t leave now

61finfan

JMP and JEGnj like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:01 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:

No need to apologize at all - I don't take it personally.  I fully expected you to hate the draft...I was pleasantly surprised that you, for a few minutes at least, liked the Chop pick!  LOL

oh come on.  one of my favorite parts of this board is seeing you two ying/yangs going at it.  the complete infallible bliss of viewing this team through aqua/orange lenses versus the conspiracy laced paranoia of never doing anything right is like Luke and Darth fighting for our Dolphins' souls.  (hopefully that made you chuckle and pissed you off too)

i refuse to acknowledge this thread any further.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:02 am

61finfan wrote:Aww geez I just got here. Don’t leave now

Don't take it personally! Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am

DF316 will be back.

He will make his grand entrance about the time the X. Howard cap savings hit the Phins books and Grier starts loading up a few veterans for the next Dolphins Super Bowl run!!

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun May 05, 2024 2:41 pm

I finally found out how to use the LIKE feature and make 316 happy and he goes on leave.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP, finskev, finfanatic and 61finfan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum