The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolphins rebuild and the 24 draft

3 posters

Go down

The Dolphins rebuild and the 24 draft Empty The Dolphins rebuild and the 24 draft

Post by CarsonChris Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:44 pm

The FA players Miami brought in the last couple of years were meant to push us into a superbowl. These players have contracts that will be coming to a close. Close to 40% of the players on the team from last year and this year will not be on the team in 2025. We saw that with the loss of some of our key players from last year. This will continue with players like Tyreek leaving.

This draft was meant to add depth at positions that will change next year.

Paul will be moved into the starting role at LT when Armstead retires. Chubb won't be re-signed so Chop was needed. Tyreek and Mostert are not expected back in 25. We need depth at RB and receiver.

This draft was a technical reboot. Expect more next year.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Dolphins rebuild and the 24 draft Empty Re: The Dolphins rebuild and the 24 draft

Post by JEGnj Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm

I can't physically or emotionally handle a rebuild.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Dolphins rebuild and the 24 draft Empty Re: The Dolphins rebuild and the 24 draft

Post by JMP Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 pm

JEGnj wrote:I can't physically or emotionally handle a rebuild.

I hear you, but I look at it more as a reload than a rebuild. Teams average 30-40% roster turnover every year, and it's no different for the Dolphins. The last two drafts stalled us because we had no picks - but this year and future years we have the picks to start adding young talent that can hopefully take over starting jobs in the future. I think Grier has put us in great shape, with draft picks and cap space moving forward.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Good post, Carson. This was definitely a "look to the future draft" - but the good new is, players like Chop, Kamara, Malik Washington and Wright should also be able to contribute right away.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down