The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eagles almost traded Matt Barkley to the Dolphins

5 posters

Go down

Eagles almost traded Matt Barkley to the Dolphins Empty Eagles almost traded Matt Barkley to the Dolphins

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:36 am

...but Miami chose Josh Freeman instead.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/4/20/8457227/eagles-matt-barkley-trade-dolphins-miami-josh-freeman-tim-tebow-bill-lazor

It actually makes some sense that Miami had interest. Former Eagles quarterback coach Bill Lazor is the Dolphins' offensive coordinator so perhaps Lazor wanted him.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Eagles almost traded Matt Barkley to the Dolphins Empty Re: Eagles almost traded Matt Barkley to the Dolphins

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:48 am

I'd take Barkley over Freeman any day.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Eagles almost traded Matt Barkley to the Dolphins Empty Re: Eagles almost traded Matt Barkley to the Dolphins

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am

with all else being equal, i might agree with you, but in this case Barkley would've cost the Phins a draft pick (or perhaps a player) and Freeman was free. but then again, you get what you pay for.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:32 pm

I'll take Freeman simply because he does have freakish physical traits. Maybe the light comes on. Doubt it but I think it's a quality gamble.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:32 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:with all else being equal, i might agree with you, but in this case Barkley would've cost the Phins a draft pick (or perhaps a player) and Freeman was free.  but then again, you get what you pay for.

Yeah, that's true...but I'd be OK with getting Barkley for a 7th. I think Barkley could be a good fit for this offense, and he did learn under Lazor for a year. I like his upside. Who knows...maybe he'll get cut and we can pick him up anyway.

To me, Freeman is a dead end. I'd rather not waste the time.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:44 pm

If I'm a GM I want to make as many deals with Chip Kelly as possible before he's out of the NFL. Like taking candy from a baby Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Freeman edges out Barkley because there is no cost to the transaction.

It's a long shot, but Freeman did have one or two good years before totally going into the tank, and that's difficult to explain. If he's done it well at the NFL level before, why couldn't he do it again in the right system?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down