The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omar Kelly: Fifty lessons learned from Dolphins' disappointing season

5 posters

Go down

Omar Kelly: Fifty lessons learned from Dolphins' disappointing season Empty Omar Kelly: Fifty lessons learned from Dolphins' disappointing season

Post by JMP Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:30 am

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-kelly-column-1223-20151222-story.html

Great list...I agree with just about every one.  Looking at this list as a whole, it's pretty easy to see why this Dolphins' team sucks.

Keep this one in mind when you see the Phins going on another free agent spending spree this offseason:  
14. Building a team through free agency is a recipe for disaster.

Of course, first they'll have to restructure contracts to kill future salary cap space...it's the Tannenbaum way: spend like a drunken sailor, fail to win a Super Bowl, and then leave after the team is in salary cap hell.  And whenever you can: trade away draft picks.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Omar Kelly: Fifty lessons learned from Dolphins' disappointing season Empty Re: Omar Kelly: Fifty lessons learned from Dolphins' disappointing season

Post by finfanatic Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:30 am

I have to admit, even if we assume Ross the Total Dipshyte does not screw things up AGAIN....

I have a very disquieted, apprehensive, uneasy, troubled, nervous....feeling about this upcoming offseason.

Last season, after Steve "The Big Boob" Ross kept Philbin, we all knew the team was gonna suck canal water through a used catheter!

But this offseason, Steve "The Big Boob" Ross and his sidekick Mike "Tarnisher" Tannenbaum have UNLIMITED opportunity for EPIC FAIL!!!

I am as afraid of this outcome as I ever was about anything, including watching Dave Wannstedt try to draft!!!

And that still gives me nightmares!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Omar Kelly: Fifty lessons learned from Dolphins' disappointing season Empty Re: Omar Kelly: Fifty lessons learned from Dolphins' disappointing season

Post by JMP Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Yeah, I have a really bad feeling about this offseason too.

In a perfect world, Ross cleans house and fires EVERYONE...including Tannenbaum, Aponte, Hickey, etc., and starts over with real qualified football guys.

But we all know that the Miami Dolphins organization is as far from a perfect world as possible, so the reality will be ugly - real ugly.

I think the Phins will try to get Sean Payton...if they succeed, they make Payton's job harder by trading away draft picks. If they fail, they end up missing out on the couple of decent head coach candidates out there, and settle for a bottom of the barrel hire like Mangini.

And I fully expect the new GM to be lame too, because what GM worth his salt is going to want to work with Tannenbaum breathing down his back? Everyone knows this is Tannenbaum's show, so we'll end up with another unqualified GM like Hickey and Fireland.

I don't think we've come close to rock bottom yet, but I fear that we are well on our way and things are going to get much worse before they get better. And, as long as Ross owns the team I don't think things can get better.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:54 pm

There is no way this administration turns anything around. If there is no house cleaning, we're going to suck for a long time.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:51 pm

I thought number one on his list would be, It sucks to be a Dolphins beat writer!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:44 am

CarsonChris wrote:I thought number one on his list would be, It sucks to be a Dolphins beat writer!

I've developed a little sympathy for Omar. Not empathy, but sympathy. Now I can understand a bit better why he feels the need to start pointless twitter wars--it's still a better way to pass the time than covering this team.

One lesson he forgot is that it doesn't matter how many home games a team has at the end of a season if they're out of playoff contention before those games occur.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:07 am

Omar is the perfect beat writer for the Phins. He's pointless, is full of shit, blusters a lot, talks a lot of trash, and in the end is entirely worthless.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:11 am

Degarmo wrote:Omar is the perfect beat writer for the Phins.  He's pointless, is full of shit, blusters a lot, talks a lot of trash, and in the end is entirely worthless.  

ROTFLMAO!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers cheers cheers

But I thought we went over this already. He's only really that way in print, but in person he's actually normal. In fact I literally just saw him on a couple of Sun Sentinel vids. That's what makes me think he does the whole twitter gangsta routine out of sheer boredom.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down