The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins Tender Six ERFAs Including S Michael Thomas

+2
JMP
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

Dolphins Tender Six ERFAs Including S Michael Thomas Empty Dolphins Tender Six ERFAs Including S Michael Thomas

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Tom Pelissero wrote:Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that the Miami Dolphins tendered contracts to six exclusive rights free agents on Friday including WR Matt Hazel, TE Jake Stoneburner, S Michael Thomas, CB Tyler Patmon, RT Ulrick John and S Shamiel Gary.

Thomas, 25, wound up signing on with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent out of back in 2012. He spent close to a year and half in San Francisco before he was signed off of their practice squad by the Dolphins.

The Dolphins brought him back on an exclusive rights deal last year.

In 2015, Thomas appeared in all 16 games for the Dolphins and recorded 85 tackles and two pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 41 safety out of 88 qualifying players.

http://nfltraderumors.co/144096-2/

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins Tender Six ERFAs Including S Michael Thomas Empty Re: Dolphins Tender Six ERFAs Including S Michael Thomas

Post by JMP Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Thomas is good on STs and is a decent fill-in DB off the bench...but I don't want him starting.   Definitely worth bringing back as a bench player.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins Tender Six ERFAs Including S Michael Thomas Empty Re: Dolphins Tender Six ERFAs Including S Michael Thomas

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:58 pm

You know why I want Thomas back Very Happy

The rest I can take or leave. Never even heard of Patmon and Gary. Did they even play a single down last season? Hazel's apparently filling the traditional role of "Fins WR with so-called potential that hangs around for years but never actually does anything".

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Gary played a lot at the end of the year.  He didn't suck, but wasn't particularly good either.  In Dolphin-world, that makes him a star!  Wink   I could take him or leave him...not a difference-maker.

I think Hazel is a waste of time...brings nothing special to the table, and I'd rather have back-end receivers that can actually contribute on special teams.  I know the Phins just signed Christion Jones again - I like him as a returner, so hopefully he can beat out Hazel and actually contribute instead of taking up space like Hazel.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:28 pm

BTW I discovered I really like saying "ERFA" out loud.

ERFA!!!

Seriously, try it a few times, it's fun Very Happy It'll also make anyone in your immediate vicinity think you've literally gone insane Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:30 am

Love me some Stoneburner. Great name, great dude, from TOSU.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:32 am

Thank goodness the Phins have tendered Matt Hazel.

Hate to see the next great Phins WR like Hartline get away!!!

Very Happy

Yes, that was just to rile up JMP.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:32 am

LMAO!!!

FF always was a cheeky devil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:53 pm

I really like Stoneburner. I think he might be able to make the big club this year, if they decide to use an actual pass-catching TE this season.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:09 pm

finfanatic wrote:Thank goodness the Phins have tendered Matt Hazel.

Hate to see the next great Phins WR like Hartline get away!!!

Very Happy

Yes, that was just to rile up JMP.

LOL afro

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down