The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimes refuses to restructure, will likely get cut

+5
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
white1
Birdmond
JMP
9 posters

Go down

Grimes refuses to restructure, will likely get cut Empty Grimes refuses to restructure, will likely get cut

Post by JMP Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:59 pm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-release-pro-bowl-cornerback-brent-grimes-20160306-story.html

Grimes is in decline, and his wife is a distraction.  Time to cut ties.  But CB is a massive gaping hole right now...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grimes refuses to restructure, will likely get cut Empty Re: Grimes refuses to restructure, will likely get cut

Post by JMP Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:02 pm

And for the record, replacing Grimes with Maxwell would be a huge downgrade.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Grimes refuses to restructure, will likely get cut Empty Re: Grimes refuses to restructure, will likely get cut

Post by Birdmond Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:03 pm

So really, by default I'm kind of getting what I want. So if Cameron gets the ax we got 40 million to play with.

"I got picks and money"

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:05 pm

JMP wrote:And for the record, replacing Grimes with Maxwell would be a huge downgrade.

I disagree. I think Maxwell fits Joseph's system and he's a big corner. I think it's a wash. Still not a fan of trading for him though.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Love the size...don't like the player.  I think the big receivers in the East will feast on Maxwell in one on one situations.  He's big, but from what I've seen he can't cover.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:24 pm

I refuse to get into too much minutia and speculation on performance. I don't care how many guys we sign, how many we drop, the past performance / future performance for each of them, whether they can or cannot play worth a damn.

I am waiting for September, and even then I will watch 8 games (regular season games) before I make any statements about how good or bad I think this team is.

No more. No. Not ever again.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:18 pm

MAXWELL?!?! He even sucks in the Madden franchise I watch on Youtube. Oy...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:28 pm

He held Julio Jones to 148 yards and 2 td

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacesout Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Sigh. I wish Grimes would have agreed to stay. Not crazy about Maxwell but really no choice when you need at least 2 corners and a free safety. Same old song-failure to retain and replace talent.

Lacesout

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Maxwell was fine when surrounded by Pro Bowlers in Seattle's secondary but was exposed last year trying to fill the number 1 CB role in Philly.

He will now try to fill the top CB role in Miami...UNLESS we make a CB the first round pick.

as for Alonso, well, dude wasn't that great last year in Philly.

If we indeed swapped first rounders and gave up another pick, well, this is a win for Philly.

Regimes change, but we still continue to get screwed in the trade market by the Eagles. This might not be as bad as the Feeley trade but it isn't good.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:12 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Maxwell was fine when surrounded by Pro Bowlers in Seattle's secondary but was exposed last year trying to fill the number 1 CB role in Philly.

Bingo! I was going to post the same thing. Amazing how mediocre players look great when they're surrounded by elite talent.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:54 pm

I have a feeling Miko's been watching to much Jerry Maguire.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Miko should be very happy...Brent will get another nice signing bonus when he signs with his next team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:22 am

JMP wrote:Miko should be very happy...Brent will get another nice signing bonus when he signs with his next team.

People like her are literally never happy. Contrary to what some people on another site that shall remain unnamed might believe, even *I'm* capable of feeling joy and excitement, and in fact actually prefer to feel that way as opposed to...how this team makes me feel on a regular basis. But Miko is the type who'd buy a Rolls Royce and complain that the engine ran too loud Laughing Hell, if all blacks were suddenly paid 50 grand a month in slavery reparations for life tomorrow she'd whine that it wasn't enough and probably sue for more.

The ONLY part of this hornswoggling that's a trade in name only is finally getting her out of Miami. Philly's gonna eat her alive Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Update: Grimes was officialy cut today.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Grimes signs with Tampa Bay.

And Miko deletes her twitter account.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article65445642.html

The NFL Network is reporting the deal is for two years and $16.5 million.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:09 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
And Miko deletes her twitter account.

Good...she's a total disaster.  I bet the Bucs told Brent they wouldn't sign him unless she deleted it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:10 pm

actually they are not even worried about his wife but that is a good look for him. He probably told her to do it so he would be able to find a new team

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:35 am

Good signing by the Bucs, even though Grimes probably only has a year or two left. His overall play has certainly dropped off, but he can still make impact plays. I think the Bucs are an up-and-coming team now with Winston at QB...continue to shore up the defense, and they could make some noise in the next couple of years.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:01 am

I hate the Bucs for the simple fact that they did Lovie Smith horribly. They already knew they were going to get rid of him and still signed him that BS

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:07 pm

JMP wrote:Good signing by the Bucs, even though Grimes probably only has a year or two left.  His overall play has certainly dropped off, but he can still make impact plays. I think the Bucs are an up-and-coming team now with Winston at QB...continue to shore up the defense, and they could make some noise in the next couple of years.

I was reading reviews of every team's 2015 draft the other day, and the Bucs universally got an A. The Fins sure could've used Ali Marpet, dontcha think?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down