The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Moore re-signs

+2
DolFan 316
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Matt Moore re-signs Empty Matt Moore re-signs

Post by JMP Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/03/15/qb-matt-moore-signs-2-year-deal-with-dolphins/

Yet another piece of dead wood on the roster that the Dolphins bring back year after year, for no apparent reason. No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Matt Moore re-signs Empty Re: Matt Moore re-signs

Post by JMP Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Of course, this means once again that Golden Boy Tannehill will not have any competition, and the Phins won't be drafting a QB...even though this appears to be a great mid-late round QB class.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:51 pm

I already don't even care about this team anymore and it's not anywhere near draft time yet. Way to go, Tannenbaum! Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 am

only positives i see from this is that its a cheap deal (2 years for a total of $3.5M) and his name is not Brandon Weeden.

with the way things are going, i expect the Phins will be positioned near the top of the draft next and in-line to draft the next future franchise QB.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:41 am

mercury22nathan wrote:only positives i see from this is that its a cheap deal (2 years for a total of $3.5M) and his name is not Brandon Weeden.

with the way things are going, i expect the Phins will be positioned near the top of the draft next and in-line to draft the next future franchise QB.

I don't know why they even looked at Weeden in the first place!

It's still early, but it sure does appear that we're headed for a trainwreck of a season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:36 am

Agreed. Only upside is that we signed Moore cheap this time.

It looks to me like Tanny is on a one year leash. If he flourishes this season under Gase, then there is no problem at QB. I believe the team will give him the one year, so I do not expect us to draft a QB at all. Perhaps if a great prospect unexpectedly becomes available, we may pull the trigger, but I highly doubt the stars will align and that happens.

If we see more of the same from Tanny this season, I think the team will "punt" on him. They will want to give Gase a QB of his choosing early enough in his tenure to make a difference. I would expect next offseason to then turn into a period where we develop a plan to acquire a new franchise QB, dump Tanny, and possibly start Moore if we draft a rookie QB for 2017. Also, we will maintain focus on bolstering the defense further in an effort to take pressure off the offense.

Honestly, I am okay with this approach. Give him one chance under Gase and our new OC, let's see if he can significantly raise his play. My opinion changes if Tannehill does not perform at a top-10 level this season, and we keep him for 2017 anyways. Worse case scenario IMO.

This offseason taught me one thing as well. There are several teams in much, much worse shape at QB than we are. In short, this is a QB starved league. The Bills and Jets each look to be in worse shape just in our division. This league dynamic certainly played into our approach, so for those frustrated that Tannehill is getting yet another chance (and I am probably in that camp) - it could be much, much worse...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:13 am

Tannehill has to get another chance, but the team should bring in a young developmental QB to start preparing for the future.  I really like the upside of a lot of QBs slated to go in the 3rd or 4th round this year.  I think it's a huge mistake to ignore the position this year.  Oh well...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:22 pm

I kinda had a man crush on Dak Prescott, until I heard he get busted 3 days after his pro day for DUI. Wouldn't touch hum with a ten foot pole now.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 pm

scotgif wrote:I kinda had a man crush on Dak Prescott, until I heard he get busted 3 days after his pro day for DUI. Wouldn't touch hum with a ten foot pole now.

Yep.  I liked him too.  What an idiot - he really screwed up!

I really like the upside of guys like Jeff Driskel, Jacoby Brissett, Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenberg and Vernon Adams. Not saying any of those guys will ever amount to anything, but I think they all have good tools to work with and if nothing else maybe a couple of them become good #2s down the road.  You never know if you don't try.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Dolphins have a private workout with Connor Cook. Not a fan but at least their kicking the tires.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:04 pm

I liked Cook a lot more till he turned down a Senior Bowl invite and I found out that he wasn't voted as a captain for any games in college.  But yeah, at least the Phins are looking at prospects.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:04 pm

scotgif wrote:I kinda had a man crush on Dak Prescott, until I heard he get busted 3 days after his pro day for DUI. Wouldn't touch hum with a ten foot pole now.

Do you realize just how drunk an SEC QB has to be in order to get a DUI in the town his school's in??? Shocked Shocked Shocked We're talking completely unable to function. It truly is a miracle that neither he nor anyone else was killed.

JMP wrote:I liked Cook a lot more till he turned down a Senior Bowl invite and I found out that he wasn't voted as a captain for any games in college.  But yeah, at least the Phins are looking at prospects.

It's universally known at this point that Cook is a world-class jerk. Bring him in and he'll be so hated by the rest of the Fins that Tannehill will seem like Peyton manning by comparison.

Then again in a twisted sort of way perhaps that's the plan? Hmmm... scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down