The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's IT!!! I'm DONE!!!

+8
rightchea
CarsonChris
Degarmo
scotgif
HalCHorn
Umix10
JMP
DolFan 316
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

That's IT!!! I'm DONE!!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: That's IT!!! I'm DONE!!!

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 am

Did the Phins just get taken by the BongMask Bandit????

Or did they get the steal of the draft as Charlie Casserly stated...assuming it works out.

At SOME POINT....the Phins HAVE to hit one out of the park in the draft, right? Or have they transmogrified into the Browns???

I would prefer it be on a game-changer, but when O-line is the huge sucking chest wound of a problem it has been for the Phins for years, then getting one of the most talented Olinemen in the draft looks good on the surface.

All that other stuff is baggage, but as Jon Gruden says, "Baggage is not being capable enough to play in the NFL." Tunsil is capable enough, if the other stuff does not rear up and render him an expensive bust.

We shall see. 50/50 at the moment. His history at Ole Miss is problematic and his off the field antics certainly make him look like a nitwit... which explains why he dropped.

Ozzie Newsome apparently taking him off his draft board is the most FRIGHTENING thing I have heard so far about Tunsil. Ozzie RARELY makes a mistake like that.

I don't know. According to Mando (always reliable we all know.... Rolling Eyes ) Tunsil will fill one of the Guard spots, with Albert at LT, Pouncey at C, and James at RT.

Now, MAYBE....just MAYBE...that other Guard is not Dallas Thomas, but....suddenly, the Phins O-line might not be the absolute gameplan killer it has been since Grandpa Joe "Softer is Better" Philbin started his makeover.

You can "HIDE" one shytty Guard; but not two.

This assumes, Puffy-Larry doesn't show back up with his bongmask!

lol!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:31 am

Even if Tunsil's fall was legit and not because of the current situation you do not take a fan LT to make him start at OG. With a very serious need at corner Miami could have rolled it back to the later part of the round and taken a CB. Then taken you know an actual G
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:10 pm

One big thing to consider regarding Newsome not taking him while taking some players with questions in the past:

He took Lewis at 26th overall, Rice at 54th overall, Kindle at 40th overall. He passed on Tunsil at 6th overall. Big difference; he would have passed on the others that high as well.

This could blow up in our faces, no doubt. But we've had plenty of supposedly "safe" picks blow up in our faces too. It's a gamble on greatness, at least Grier and Tannenbaum have the courage to try it.

That same draft that Baltimore took Lewis, we took a dropping talent of our own in Gardener. While he had a fairly good run here, the Ravens did us one better. That same year the Ravens took Rice, we took "dropping" talents of our own in Merling and Henne. I'd say the Ravens got more production there too before the other shoe dropped.

Definitely got my concerns but I'm OK with gambling on greatness. If it doesn't work, well, can things really get much worse than they have been for 15 years?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Umix10 wrote:Even if Tunsil's fall was legit and not because of the current situation you do not take a fan LT to make him start at OG.  With a very serious need at corner Miami could have rolled it back to the later part of the round and taken a CB.  Then taken you know an actual G

You mean like Bill Belicheck did with Logan Mankins? That OT to OG switch turned out fairly well. Course that was Belicheck, so....

I agree with Hal. Better to go for the High Risk HIGH Reward than play it safe for mediocre IMO.

And if this Tunsil pick SOLVES the Phins OG problems, this could be viewed as one of the Phins best picks in a long while.

Just postulating on the possible downside is an endless abysss though.

Let's HOPE it works out.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:56 pm

The move to guard is temporary until Albert gets hurt. So basically Tunsil will be playing left tackle by week 4.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Nope. Still not over it.

But hey, I could be totally wrong about this. I mean, I've been wrong about Fins picks being busts before, right? I can't remember when I ever was, but I'm sure one of you guys can remind me. I've got plenty of time to wait...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:07 pm

The thing is, even if Tunsil turns out to be great...he's a lineman. Branden Albert didn't bring us any winning seasons, and Tunsil ain't Albert. How many damn first round picks are we going to have on the OL???

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:50 pm

History would suggest five.

Five 1st round picks and the Oline will be set.

Rolling Eyes
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:54 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Only the Fins would take an injury-prone pot smoker who doesn't even play an impact position with their first pick. That's it for me, I couldn't care less about the rest of this draft. Peace out, fellas. Literally ANY other player would have been better than THIS!!!

The title of the thread made me think of the Seinfeld episode "The Contest" when Kramer came in after losing out in the contest and slams his money down on the counter. I"M OUT!!

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum