The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@#$%@#$% Dolphins!

+3
white1
JMP
finfanatic
7 posters

Go down

@#$%@#$% Dolphins! Empty @#$%@#$% Dolphins!

Post by finfanatic Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:24 pm

Just when I was all set to start considering the #1 overall pick in next season's draft, the Phins come out (against moribund Atlanta of course) and look like just a REGULAR Garbage Dumpster!!!!

Nowhere close to the radioactive, toxic dumpster fire they were vs. Dallas!

The Oline actually LOOKED like an O-line that MIGHT not stink more than any other Oline in the NFL!

I say trade Mike Pouncey quickly and don't look back.

Tannehill was actually AUDIBLING at the LOS and looked like he might actually KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON with the Defense???

And GEEZE-A-LOUIZE!!! I almost fell out of my recliner when I heard Collingsworth say the air around the Dolphins football complex was CONFIDENT!!!

He did mean to say the Miami Dolphins were confident, not the real dolphins at the aquarium, right????

And did I hear someone say this confidence was coming from the Head Coach???? Could this be right? the HC actually INSPIRING confidence in his players rather than contempt or outright loathing!!! Philbin and Sparano, take your pick.

What the heck is going on in Miami???

It was one preseason game and it means diddly poo...less than diddly poo...but danged if I did not see some things DIFFERENTLY.

The Dolphins were the more motivated team. The Dolphins looked like the more PREPARED TEAM!!! The Dolphins outplayed the Falcons.

Now, it was the Falcons. Dan Quinn may be one of those Wannstedt guys...great DC but sucks donkey urine as a HC, so....

But still, the difference from the Dallas game to the Atlanta game was startling IMO.

Now, all that said, I am thinking the defense is gonna get lit up. The secondary absolutely stinks. Like major league suckitude. I hope it is the new scheme just taking some adjustment time, but the DBs look fairly inept IMO.

So...instead of posting the First Overall draft pick will be.... on September 12th like I had planned, I am now going to wait until October or so. If the Phins are 1-3, I may not be the FIRST to post that topic!!!

But just when I am ready to throw in the towel, they pull me back in!!!

@#$%@#$% Dolphins!!

Very Happy

Go Phins. To Seattle and beat the stuffing out of the Seahawks. Not gonna happen, but be darned nice if it did.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

@#$%@#$% Dolphins! Empty Re: @#$%@#$% Dolphins!

Post by JMP Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:41 pm

Everything looks good in preseason.  Remember last preseason when Tannehill looked better than ever and the Phins offense was actually scoring points and some people thought we might take the division?  In fact, some people were worried that Lazor would be such a god-like coordinator that we'd lose him to a head coaching job!  Yeah, those were the days.

Somehow I get the feeling that the Seahawks defense is going to show the Dolphins just a little bit more in week one than the Falcons did in preseason.  Just a hunch.

Any given Sunday and all that...but I will not be suckerpunched by this team ever again.  Show me something when the games count, or GTFO. 

Cool

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

The last time I was shocked in a good way with the Phins was two years ago, when we beat the Pats in week 1.

A lot of good that "W" did for us that year, but anyways it was fun for a week. Dreaming of actually contending for once.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:04 pm

I have little hope that Miami wins more than 6 games this year even with the change.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:39 pm

JMP wrote:Any given Sunday and all that...but I will not be suckerpunched by this team ever again.  Show me something when the games count, or GTFO. 

Cool

After what they pulled the last two games of '13 I made a vow to never EVER be optimistic about the Fins again. Just like you Razz

NEVER FORGET!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm

True Dat.

But just imagine if the team ACTUALLY has CONFIDENCE in the HC????

How long has it been since THAT was the case?

Shula in the early 80s. JJ's first couple of years??

But if the team KNOWS the HC is a goober...all is lost IMHO. You could have Tom Brady and if the HC was Wannstedt or Cam Cameron, things would still be BAD in Miami. But a HC that can INSPIRE the team and get maximum effort out of them???

Gonna be a tough season anyway IMO, but if Gase is revealed as the REAL DEAL, we MIGHT have the beginnings of something that could grow into something good.

Like I said, I am not climbing aboard and waving the Gase for HOF or predicting SBs, but the way the Phins performed was a pleasant surprise.

The Starters are gonna be fair to middlin'good. The backups stink. So just a few injuries will kill the season immediately. Much like losing Cam Wake did last season. The whole defense went in the toidy.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:38 pm

New coaches always get the benefit of the doubt. Philbin was supposed to build a winner too, and Lazor was hailed as a savior.

Bottom line is, once the losses start piling up, the players lose confidence in the coach. If the Phins do start 2-6, which is entirely possible, I don't think Gase is going to be the golden boy anymore.

Hopefully things turn out better than I imagine, but right now I'm not seeing any reason to be excited. It would be absolutely awesome if Gase turns out to be a good head coach and Tannehill becomes a star, but I'm not holding my breath for either.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:04 am

It's possible that a poor season could be the start of something too. Think 1996 Bucs (started 1-8, but won 5 of their last 7 and Dungy proved to be the real deal) or 1997 Falcons--granted Reeves was proven, but they started 2-8, won 5 of 6 and made a big leap the following year too.

If the Fins finish strong and play better as the season goes along (and Tanny does too), it could be a sign that Gase will be the person to finally bring this team back to contention. We will see.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKeF93xq_s

For the spanish to english translation: Creo, cuando lo veo, I'll believe it when I see it.

That's my mantra as a long-suffering Fin Fan. When I see some wins, more than a couple here or there, and not late-sesaon meaningless Matt Moore style, then I will continue to say show me.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:41 am

scotgif wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKeF93xq_s

For the spanish to english translation: Creo, cuando lo veo, I'll believe it when I see it.

That's my mantra as a long-suffering Fin Fan. When I see some wins, more than a couple here or there, and not late-sesaon meaningless Matt Moore style, then I will continue to say show me.  

Yep, that's exactly how it is for me too. Like 316 said, I will never forget when Tannehill and the Dolphins laid down like dogs against the Bills and Jets in 2013 - never. I won't let them fool me again.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down