The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 4 thoughts: Dolphins vs. Bengals

+5
mercury22nathan
white1
DolFan 316
Birdmond
JMP
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game 4 thoughts: Dolphins vs. Bengals Empty Game 4 thoughts: Dolphins vs. Bengals

Post by JMP Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Brace yourself...this is a long one...

Looks can often be deceiving. Case in point: tonight’s Dolphins-Bengals matchup. If you missed the game and just look at the 22-7 final score, it may seem like a fairly close game, with the Dolphins losing by “just” 2 TDs. The reality is much different. The Bengals might as well have won by 10 scores – that’s how close the game actually was. The only saving grace tonight was that the orange unis the Phins wore were even worse than the crappy product they put on the field. There may be some throwbacks that are worse than these orange unis, but its close. Vomit-inducing.

Statistics generally don’t tell the whole story, but there is one stat from tonight’s game that does indeed tell you all you need to know: the Dolphins netted 222 yards on the night, while Bengal WR AJ Green gained 173 yards receiving. More stats: the Phins had the ball for just 22 minutes, converted only 2 of 11 3rd downs, and had just 8 first downs. I could stop typing right there, because pretty much that sums up the game. But you know me…I am not a man of few words, and after sitting through this debacle I do have more to say.

I like to think of myself as a realist, but I know a lot of people choose to see that realism as negative. With that in mind, I will start with the positives. The Miami run defense was stellar tonight, allowing just 77 yards net rushing. Kiko Alonso was stout against the run (though awful against the pass), Jason Jones made some plays, and Reshad Jones played about as good as a safety can play. And punter Matt Darr put on a clinic tonight – that boy is good!

So, yeah, those were the positives. I could start with the negatives pretty much anywhere else, but I choose to start with the Boy Wonder himself, head coach Adam Gase. For the fourth consecutive week, Gase was thoroughly outcoached and seemingly had no idea how to get his offense moving. Tonight’s offensive performance was absolutely disgraceful – without a doubt, the worst I’ve ever seen from this team – and no, I have not forgotten about Bill Lazor. Whether it was calling empty-backfield plays knowing that your make-shift OL couldn’t handle the Cinci pass rush, or throwing short on 3rd and long, or ignoring DeVante Parker, or not giving your struggling guards any help, this was pure rookie coaching tonight. Remember the Wannstedt hand-raking-through-hair signature move, or the Sparano field goal fist-pump? Gase already has his own move – the head shake. Gase has no idea how to get this offense to work – no idea at all. The guy is clearly in over his head.

Gase apparently preached accountability this week, benching CB Byron Maxwell for playing like a piece of garbage for three consecutive weeks. I’m all for accountability, and I have no problem with Maxwell getting benched. Unfortunately, Gase assembled the roster, and he thought it was a good idea to keep just three viable CBs on the final 53 (with Jordan Lucas and Tony Lippett as the final two CBs…neither of whom is anywhere close to being NFL caliber). What that means is Lippett got the start in place of Maxwell. Bengals WR AJ Green is probably still laughing at that decision, as he absolutely tuned up Lippett tonight. Lippett couldn’t cover him, and sure as hell couldn’t tackle him…watch his half-assed attempt at a tackle on Green’s TD if you want to know what I mean. Lippett should not be in the NFL, period – but on this shit team, he gets a start.

And while we’re on the subject of accountability, if Gase has balls he’ll cut Terrence Fede before the plane ride home lands in Miami. Fede’s asinine roughing the punter penalty was unacceptable and deserves an appropriate response. That penalty essentially ended the game, and Fede – who sucks anyway – should pay the price. STs coach Darren Rizzi was ready to murder Fede, and with good reason – dumbass plays like that cannot be tolerated.

Continuing with Gase, as everyone knows, he is a QB guru – a QB whisperer, if you will. He made Peyton Manning into a hall of famer, and turned Jay Cutler into a winner…didn’t he??? As the weeks progress, it’s becoming more and more clear that Gase is a big-time fraud – the reality is that he rode Manning’s coattails in Denver, and then guided Cutler to one of the league’s worst offenses in Chicago. Genius? No, more like a clueless, wet-behind-the-ears douchebag that doesn’t know how to run a team.

To be fair to Gase, he has been saddled with a QB that never seems to progress. Ryan Tannehill is officially dead to me. I’m wearing a Tannehill shirt as I type this, but after tonight that shirt is being retired. I’m so done with him. Fuck this guy. With no pressure, he threw an awesome 74-yard TD strike to Kenny Stills on the second play of the game. After that play, he decided to throw in the towel. I don’t even have words for Tannehill’s performance tonight…putrid and disgusting are close, but not strong enough. He flat-out sucked tonight, leading his team to what seemed like an endless stream of 3-and-outs and playing like he was on the Bengals’ payroll. I can’t even talk about him anymore…I’m getting nauseous.

The offensive line was put together with glue and tape tonight, with rookie Laremy Tunsil sliding over to LT, Billy Turner inserted at LG and Kraig Urbik getting the start at C. Tunsil was mostly very good, and Urbik was solid. The rest of the OL? Yeah, not so good. I’m no mathematician, but I learned this equation tonight: at LG, Billy Turner = Dallas Thomas. Yes, he was that bad. Turnstiles would be upset if I compared him to them. And at RT, it is time to sit Ja’Wuan James on the bench. How many pressures can this guy give up before he sits? My God, he’s awful right now. And Bengals DT Geno Atkins abused Bushrod every time he lined up against him. So ugly. Keep throwing first round picks at this line and getting crap results…that’s the Dolphin way.

Speaking of Geno Atkins…watch him tonight and see what an elite Defensive Tackle looks like. Yeah, Donkey Kong Suh makes more money and people love to label him as the best DT in the NFL…but tonight everyone saw the truth. And that truth is that Suh is a very good player, but he’s not the best and he’s not elite. Geno Atkins? Now there’s an elite DT. The man cannot be blocked, and he lives in the backfield.

I could go on, but the beer and rum I consumed tonight are making my eyes heavy. Suffice to say, this Dolphin team sucks moose balls, and Adam Gase should change his name to Adam Fake.

Hero of the Day: Reshad Jones. If we had 11 players like him on D, this would be the league’s best defense. Honorable mention goes to Jay Ajayi, a player I routinely shit on. He had a couple of nice runs and catches tonight.

Goat of the Game: The obvious choices are Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill, or maybe even that jackass Terrence Fede. But I’m going somewhere else, to a player who was on the field all night but never had his name mentioned: Mario Williams. I think a cardboard cutout could have gotten more pressure on the QB than Williams did tonight. Just an absolutely garbage game from him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game 4 thoughts: Dolphins vs. Bengals Empty Re: Game 4 thoughts: Dolphins vs. Bengals

Post by JMP Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Rotoworld hitting it out of the park with this review of Tannehill's performance tonight:

rotoworld wrote:Ryan Tannehill completed 15-of-25 passes for 189 yards, one touchdown and one interception in Miami's 22-7, Week 4 loss to the Bengals.

He also lost a fumble. Tannehill tossed a 74-yard touchdown on the Dolphins' second play from scrimmage and then proceeded to be stunningly terrible. Tannehill was certainly disadvantaged by awful offensive line play, but played with the pocket awareness of a seventh-round rookie. It was as if Tannehill was completely incapable of feeling pressure. Coach Adam Gase did a bafflingly-poor job of rectifying the situation with rollouts, etc., but Tannehill simply has to be better five years into his career. He'll be flirting with a benching if he continues to play like this. Tannehill will be a last-gasp QB2 against the Titans in Week 5.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game 4 thoughts: Dolphins vs. Bengals Empty Re: Game 4 thoughts: Dolphins vs. Bengals

Post by JMP Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:41 pm

One other thing:

The Dolphins run the slowest no-huddle, up-tempo offense in the history of football. They get to the line quickly, which is great because it prevents the D from making changes...but then they take forever to snap the goddamn ball, allowing the D to catch their breath and get into position. It's like Tannehill is moving through molasses, and the damn backs and receivers don't know what they're supposed to do. Pathetic. And I blame that on coaching (and a lame-ass QB).

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:44 pm

Before I put head to bed, think about this:

Joe Philbin refused to give Tannehill control over the offense, and he wanted to replace Tannehill with Derek Carr. As the weeks go by, I'm starting to wonder if Grandpa Joe was actually smarter than I thought...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:13 am

Awesome write up, and I concur 100 percent with everything.

The point about their "slow hurry up" is so on point.  I was laughing halfway through the game saying, "Just lining up fast and allowing the defense to adjust, is NOT UP TEMPO YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!"

Tannehill has fumbled in every game this season, stripped in the backfield, correct?  I don't think he lost one every game, but almost every game.  His pocket awareness has gotten worse.  He does not feel the pressure, and you'd think after being the most-sacked guy in history he'd start to get a feel for it.  

On that note, you get the feeling that Gase doesn't want Ryan to move around?  Seems to me that's a huge strength of his, particularly the roll out.  See, if you can run as a QB, it fucks with the pass rush, because they have to alter their path to the QB, make different line calls, even put a spy on him, which opens up the defensive backfield.

That right there is something Gase should have known coming to this team, that Ryan Tannehill SHOULD be a pseudo-running QB. He's tougher than most running QBs, and although he doesn't have Vick-like scrambling ability, he can get yards on the ground.  More plays need to be there with an option for him to run, but because old Whispering Adam needs  his guys to improve their passing stats, he stands in the "pocket" (more like a fucking meat grinder) and gets stripped.  This shit about Tannehill is not new news, neither the running ability nor the pocket awareness.  You'd think that a genius would know that.

Gase, so far, is just like all of these geniuses like Mike Martz, Brian Billick, Joe Philbin, Cam Cameron, et al.  They sure look good when they have great players, don't they?

How's old Cam doing?  Aw, fired again?  Well, East Idaho Technical College for the Recently Deceased is looking for coaches.  Go get 'em, you skeevy moron.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:24 am

1-15 is what I'm rooting for. Let Everyone walk.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:39 am

Birdmond wrote:1-15 is what I'm rooting for.   Let Everyone walk.

Haha, that sentence right there would've gotten you blacklisted from the internet at the old site Laughing

The posts from you guys during and after the games is literally the only thing right now that interests me in the NFL whatsoever. So keep it up cheers

BTW the last two times the Bengals beat the Fins resulted in 4 and 1-win seasons. Just sayin'. Thank God for the Brownies Very Happy

It'll be EXTREMELY interesting to see if Gase is fired after the season while Tannehill survives yet again. That would be, what, his 4th or 5th head coach and OC whose careers he's murdered? And he hasn't even been arrested yet!

BTW last night for me was totally and completely relaxing. Yup, just took it easy, went to bed around 10:30, slept like a log.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:57 am

Perfectly written up, captured my thoughts completely.

I'm ashamed that I actually had some hope when Stills caught that 74 yard bomb for a TD. Like we ever had a chance to win this game.

The only part that shocked me is that Hill and Bernard did NOT each go over 100 yards. Our running defense showed up for once. Don't worry, I'm sure it will disappear again next week, resulting in a lot more head scratching about what could be wrong - again.

This front office is not far off from survival mode, if they're not there already. I hope Tannenbaum was in the box again with Ross. Probably a very uncomfortable place to be with this kind of performance on display in front of a national stage.

How much more embarrassment does Ross suffer before he realizes he handed the franchise to a smooth talking swindler, when what he needs is a real football mind?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:40 am

Degarmo wrote:On that note, you get the feeling that Gase doesn't want Ryan to move around? Seems to me that's a huge strength of his, particularly the roll out. See, if you can run as a QB, it fucks with the pass rush, because they have to alter their path to the QB, make different line calls, even put a spy on him, which opens up the defensive backfield.

Absolutely. And if a team is rushing just 4 players on every down - as the Bengals did last night - that should create opportunities for the QB to get outside and find open space. I have no idea why Gase wants Tannehill to stay in the pocket...it makes no sense for a guy that has no pocket presence at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:24 am

Where to start? Perhaps with something meaningless in overall grand scheme of things. The day-glo orange uniforms are awful. Hideous. And while I know some of you don’t agree with that assessment, I feel confident most of the viewing public does: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/color-rush-dolphins-awful-uniforms-look-more-like-orange-crush-002026729.html But worse than all that, they’re ridiculously silly – and that sadly, falls right in line with everything else about this team right now. Those orange clown costumes are so much about flash and so little about substance. And that unfortunately, describes the Miami Dolphins under the ownership of Stephen Ross. Those radioactive pumpkin suits are everything in a nutshell: big splash free agent spending, stadium nightclubs, celebrity red carpets, the latest hot-named coach, lack of midday September games, and overseas home games in hopes of selling out for hosting a Super Bowl (in which the Dolphins will not be a participant) – all at the expense of focusing on putting an actual quality winning product on the field. So yes, while those ugly uniforms really truly mean nothing, they represent everything.

On to the performance (or lack thereof)… I see a lot of credit being given to a defense for plugging a leaky run defense. Sorry, but I just didn’t see it. On the first three series of the game the Bengals consistently gashed the Phins for runs of 3, 7, 6, 7, 7 and 6 yards. It wasn’t until the Bengals inexplicable went away from the run with 3 straight incomplete passes that they were forced to settle for a field goal on the first possession of the game and an incompletion and a pass for a negative 1 yard bookended Jeremy Hills 7 yard run that forced a punt on the second series. The Phins defense didn’t stop the run, the Bengals finally realized that was Tony Lippett covering AJ Green and consciously chose to exploit that mismatch – as well as the Phins inability to cover even 3rd string TEs – that effectively contained Cincinnati’s rushing attack.

Yes, Lippett was overmatched and played an awful game. But other than the embarrassing missed tackle resulting in a Green TD (that was bad, really bad), is it really Lippett’s fault he was thrust into covering one of the NFL’s premier WRs? Or is it the fault of a front office who left this roster without a true number 1 corner or even an experienced number 2. Xavian Howard mistimed him jump on Green’s 51 yard catch, but I am not worried about Howard. I think he shows the skills and awareness to develop nicely, he just needs time.

For all the money and experience on the Phins front line, they seem to produce precious little pass rush. I don’t think Dalton felt uncomfortable all night save for a CB blitz sack. The LBers seemed inconsistent at best. Kiko Alonso made a few nice stops, but all too often I saw runners breaking tackles after the initial hit and the Giovanni Bernard screen pass for 12 yards on the first possession was filled with nothing but late LBers taking poor angles.

The offense – I have no idea where to start. The Phins are lucky the Bengals blew the coverage on the Stills long TD pass otherwise this would have been a national TV shutout. The Bengals blew that coverage so bad that Stills had time to slow up on a slightly (yet forgivable) underthrown ball and was still wide open enough to jog to the endzone. And, Stills (he’s a body-cradler and not a hands catcher) almost let the ball drop through his arms, but he didn’t – so no harm, no foul. So when will Ryan Tannehill learn about throwing lanes and not get the ball batted down? I guess he learned a little too well and decided to sail an easy 3rd and 1 pitch and catch about 6 feet over the head of an open MarQueis Gray resulting in yet another stalled drive. I don’t think I can summarize Tannehill any better than Armando did…

This isn’t to blame every Dolphins problem on Tannehill. But when does he become part of the solution? Forget that.

When does he get it?

Look, Trevor Siemian figured out the Bengals. He’s in his second year in the NFL and first year as a surprise starter for the Denver Broncos. He never started an NFL game before this season.

But Siemian threw for 312 yards and four touchdowns against the Bengals five days ago.

Siemian, Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz and Jimmy Garoppolo all have less starting experience than Tannehill.

Three of the four are playing in their system for the first time this year, Garoppolo being the exception.

So the fact Tannehill is learning Gase’s system for the first time is not an acceptable excuse.

And yet, three of the four younger and less experienced quarterbacks have not thrown an interception. Tannehill came into Thursday with four.

Three of the four are undefeated and the other, Prescott, has led his team to a 2-1 record.

And this: All four of those young QBs have better ratings than Tannehill.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article105087481.html

I think it has become clear. Tannehill is playing QB, but he is not a QB (yes, I am not the first to say this). The physical mechanics are there, but the intangibles of a natural QB just don’t exist (pocket presence and defensive decoding). I think it is time to place him on that long list of names of guys who have not been able to crawl out from underneath the shadow of Marino. The problem is, the Phins have no one else to turn to as far as hope for the future – at least for this season.

The offensive line continues to be frustratingly terrible. Yes, they were playing with backups – but you know what, the starters have not been any better and it is one of the starters (JuWaun James) who has astoundingly regressed beyond recognition. And this all compounded by the fact that other teams regularly continue to plug and effectively play inexperienced and supposedly less talented offensive line players (NE being the prime example). I have no answer for it and apparently neither does the Miami coaching staff.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:48 am

At this point, I'd pray Tannehill has one big game soon, before the trading deadline, we trade him away for as much as we can get and start Matt Moore this year, with plans to draft a QB next year.

I couldn't be more serious about this.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:30 am

merc wrote:The offensive line continues to be frustratingly terrible. Yes, they were playing with backups – but you know what, the starters have not been any better and it is one of the starters (JuWaun James) who has astoundingly regressed beyond recognition. And this all compounded by the fact that other teams regularly continue to plug and effectively play inexperienced and supposedly less talented offensive line players (NE being the prime example). I have no answer for it and apparently neither does the Miami coaching staff.

Well, when you hire one of the worst OL coaches in the NFL (Chris Foerster), it's not a surprise that players are regressing and the results are awful. 

Turner was brutal last season, but never as bad as what we saw last night.

James started to regress a bit last season, but now he's just dropped off a cliff.

I'm just afraid that Foerster's incomptence will somehow rub off on the one good lineman we do have - Tunsil.

And BTW, isn't it amazing that this staff let Dallas Thomas handle the starting LG job from April to late August this offseason, and now they don't even think he's good enough to play ahead of a guy that hardly ever played LG before???  Thomas absolutely blows, don't get me wrong - but I have to question the abilities of a coaching staff that needed 4 months to figure that out.

Anyway, yeah, this OL is horrid.  It would be difficult to find an OL that run blocks worse than these guys, and the pass pro is still way below average.  But, just keep throwing first rounders at the line - that'll solve everything, right???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:03 pm

white1 wrote:At this point, I'd pray Tannehill has one big game soon, before the trading deadline, we trade him away for as much as we can get and start Matt Moore this year, with plans to draft a QB next year.

I couldn't be more serious about this.

It took 15 years or so, but you finally started to think like me, congrats Very Happy cheers Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Other Message Boards suggesting trading Tanny straight up for Cutler. Rolling Eyes. This Team will win enough to Pick around 8-10th in Next Years draft and will keep Tanny than set there sites on getting a Top RB, To try and help the Offense. This is a Prediction not what I would do scenario.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Well the good news is I saved a whole bunch of money by switching to GEICO

I do not want Mat Moore anywhere near this....I want them to promote Doughty to the 53 man roster right now since they should send Fede to Zimbabwe. I would give him all the starting Reps.....if we are really gonna just do it like that then dont waste time with Moore. why not try to find a gem.

Last edited by Umix10 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Someone get Curtis Painter on the phone.

Oh, and I'd pick two QBs in the draft.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:10 pm

The Phins offensive performance stank ALMOST as bas as the Unis!

Geeze A Loo! Whomever is responsible for that fashion faux pas, that affront to the eyes of all......should be regularly whipped...and at random times, so as to give less time to prepare for the beating.

Egad.

I was deeply a-feared this season was gonna start off eight terds deep in a ten terd bowl.  But at this point, I think the Phins might be LOOKING UP at the eight terd level!!!

The bad thing is....you can point to Gase...you can point to Tannehill...you can point to the O-line...you can point to the DBs...the LBs, Suh...heck you can spot PROBLEMS EVERYWHERE!!! There is no single place you can point and say "There. This unit is a STRENGTH for the Dolphins!"

The whole entire team, the whole enchilada, the SYSTEM is fraught with EPIC FAIL at every juncture. Coaching subpar, talent subpar, offensive execution, so subpar as to be almost laughably bad, defense, special teams,....the front office, hideous.

At this point, EPIC FAILURE is the CULTURE of the Franchise!

It must be excised. Not pruned a bit and some new color of lipstick applied to this hideous pig!

Get rid of everyone! Down to the Janitors.

And I did not make it to the BYE Week....I have seen enough from Tannehill. With a good runnin game, he MIGHT be okay, but that is the top end of what you can expect from him IMHO: Just OKAY.

And on a putrid, dismal, oafish team like the Phins currently have, Tannehill gives you utter epic fail.

Excise him also. Along with everyone else.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 pm

I agree FF.

The problem, as I see it, is this is Year One of the Gase-Grier- Tannenbaum trifecta.

Ross knows he HAS to keep them in place for a "credible time period" otherwise, he is the owner that fires too quickly. Doesn't let anyone have a chance to build the roster, and the team.

Well. We may have to suffer THREE MORE YEARS AT LEAST of this bunch in charge, before he decides they've had their full chance, and open the top job up to a real football executive.

If he does pull the trigger too soon, he'll scare off the elite candidates for the top job and we'll end up with Dennis Hickey II, who will be our seventh choice for the job. So yes, it could be worse.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:13 pm

Maybe it won't be 3 years for Tannenbaum.

Since he's a known commodity, and he's looking to prove he's still King Dipshit, maybe Ross will pull the trigger on him.  There are some up-and-comers in the league that would be good to grab for a first-time stint as GM here in Miami, and if he can promise the GM some autonomy, particularly to a first-timer, and that nothing is off the table, i.e. not saddling them with Tannehill or anyone/anything else, then he could snag one of these people.  

The reason we ended up with Hickey was because of the odd front-office situation.  If Ross says, "It's your ship," he can get an elite, or soon-to-be elite person in here to clean this mess up.  If he's not a moron, or purposefully trying to keep this team shit (which 316 and I hold the patent on for conspiracy theories Wink ), then he should realize his past way of doing things has not resulted in anything better on the field.  In fact, it's worse.  This team does not need a football czar or anything else like that.  They just need a good football General Manager to get in here and start straightening things out.  

Let the guy do his thing, with autonomy, and if he's not cutting it, Ross, you fire him. You be the fucking boss.  Go ahead and make decisions like a fan, because this "business guy, not a football guy" thing has netted you exactly shit, barring one season that Brett Favre did us a favor . . . we were going to start McCown that year until Pennington fell into our lap.

EDIT:  Just had a thought - wouldn't it be so 'Phins if Tannebaum is actually giving Grier bad information, and intentionally sabotaging the team with bad contracts so he can take over the GM spot after Ross fires him?

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Degarmo wrote:If he's not a moron, or purposefully trying to keep this team shit (which 316 and I hold the patent on for conspiracy theories Wink )

I am still holding to that BTW. Way too many ex-Jet employees have been hired. It's like a group of us running the Pats.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:47 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:If he's not a moron, or purposefully trying to keep this team shit (which 316 and I hold the patent on for conspiracy theories Wink )

I am still holding to that BTW. Way too many ex-Jet employees have been hired. It's like a group of us running the Pats.

Why anyone would hire Tannenbaum back into the NFL after his awful ruination of a promising young team in the Jets is way beyond my capacity for belief unless there was skulduggery afoot.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:46 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

well, if that is Ross' plan, here's proof he's doing a fantastic job at it...

Dolphins’ Dade/Broward TV ratings continue to plummet to embarrassing levels, with Thursday’s 12.6 (combining CBS-4 and NFL Net) believed to be their lowest in many years for a prime-time Dolphins game, perhaps ever.

The Dolphins’ 14.0 average local rating through four games (equal to 14 percent of Miami/Fort Lauderdale homes with TV sets) is below last season’s 16.9 average, which was worst among all NFL markets excluding two-team markets New York and the Bay Area.

Every Dolphins game this season has drawn a lower rating than the previous one.

NFL TV ratings are down nationally this season, but the Dolphins’ declining ratings over the past several years suggest diminished interest because of the poor on-field product.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article105514346.html

the Phins have the worst TV viewership levels of any single team market and it continues to decrease.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:36 am

I'm shocked at the fan response given a team showing no direction, with no compelling talent, and no relevancy for at least the last 8 years. Shouldn't throwing any product on the field result in tons of paying customers, regardless of how bad the product is? </sarcasm>
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:41 am

white1 wrote:I'm shocked at the fan response given a team showing no direction, with no compelling talent, and no relevancy for at least the last 8 years. Shouldn't throwing any product on the field result in tons of paying customers, regardless of how bad the product is? </sarcasm>

ROTFLMAO!!! lol!

I'm honestly shocked viewership is still that HIGH. Clearly there are more blind homers living in SoFla than I thought!

People who think the NFL is too big to fail are in for a rude awakening BTW. MLB used to be too big to fail as well, and now it's basically a niche sport. It warms my heart to see people finally getting fed up with the hot garbage they've been served the past decade.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next