The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 8 thoughts: Jets vs. Dolphins

+5
rightchea
white1
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JMP
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game 8 thoughts: Jets vs. Dolphins - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 8 thoughts: Jets vs. Dolphins

Post by HalCHorn Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:10 am

Penalties are a problem. Aggressive play, great. Stupid plays, not so much.

Still, nice to see this. I don't expect much this season, but if this is the start of something a la 1996 Tampa Bay or 1997 Atlanta (horrible start, much better play after it) rather than the fool's gold of the occasional spurt under Philbin or Saban, that's what we're looking for.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Game 8 thoughts: Jets vs. Dolphins - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 8 thoughts: Jets vs. Dolphins

Post by JMP Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:39 am

HalCHorn wrote:Penalties are a problem.   Aggressive play, great.  Stupid plays, not so much.

Still, nice to see this.  I don't expect much this season, but if this is the start of something a la 1996 Tampa Bay or 1997 Atlanta (horrible start, much better play after it) rather than the fool's gold of the occasional spurt under Philbin or Saban, that's what we're looking for.

Yep, exactly.

On the plus side, it seems like the schemes on both sides of the ball are taking shape and hiding a lot of the teams' warts.  On the negative side, I just don't think this defense is talented enough to continue to play at a reasonably high level, and I simply don't trust the passing offense.  But if all we accomplish this year is getting solid schemes in place, then that would be a huge positive heading into next season.

And the peanlties absolutely have to be cleaned up.  We essentially gave the Jets a TD by keeping a drive alive due to a stupid penalty, and we lost a TD on Grant's punt return with a totally unnecessary block in the back that happened behind the play.  Gase needs to preach smart football.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2