The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxwell - end of the road in view?

+3
rightchea
JMP
white1
7 posters

Go down

Maxwell - end of the road in view?  Empty Maxwell - end of the road in view?

Post by white1 Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Culliver was activated from the PUP list today, also Pitts elevated from practice squad.

If Maxwell is still struggling, the team is getting reinforcements and could make some choices soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/07/dolphins-activate-chris-culliver-from-pup-list/
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Maxwell - end of the road in view?  Empty Re: Maxwell - end of the road in view?

Post by JMP Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:36 pm

Maxwell is just horrific...such a waste. I'm not much of a Culliver fan, but he has to be better than Maxwell. Putting Maxwell on the bench is an automatic upgrade, regardless of who replaces him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Maxwell - end of the road in view?  Empty Re: Maxwell - end of the road in view?

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:36 am

Maxwell is not fast enough to keep up with the faster WR, his coveage ability sucks and he not fit to play no better than in the slot or the bench. I feel that Gase is getting ready to let him go next season.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 am

JMP wrote:Maxwell is just horrific...such a waste.  I'm not much of a Culliver fan, but he has to be better than Maxwell.  Putting Maxwell on the bench is an automatic upgrade, regardless of who replaces him.

He's a Fins signing, don't be so sure about that! Laughing Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:35 am

I now have a better understanding why it was Byron Maxwell was playing so poorly earlier in the year ...

Stated simply, he wasn’t familiar enough with the defense to make it work for him.

The way it was explained to me, Maxwell played best in Seattle because they asked him to do the same thing every single play. The Seahawks made Maxwell a Cover 3 cornerback on the right side every single time.

But the Dolphins play multiple coverages and Maxwell simply wasn’t getting that.

“He has to understand how the coverage works to benefit him and he wasn’t sure,” Joseph said, “and now he’s sure. I think he knew what he was doing. But he didn’t know exactly where his help was and how each call would help him play better. It’s different than playing Cover 3. Now he understands how it will help him. And he’s playing well with his mind again.

“I told him, ‘Bro, you’re going to be somewhat of an older corner one day. And how you survive is with your mind, not your legs. So he’s learning to play with his mind.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article112510797.html

huh? he only plays well when asked to one single thing - over and over and over again. umm, sounds to me like the defensive coordinator admitted that his CB just ain't that bright.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:42 am

Joseph really said Maxwell is playing well???  Wow.  That's not what I'm seeing.  I see a guy that can't cover anyone, and has to grab and interfere to make up for getting beat constantly.  He's often out of position and looks lost.  Basically, I think he flat-out sucks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:07 am

seems to support what JMP is saying...

CB Byron Maxwell was once again the lowest-graded player in the Dolphins' secondary. After going back and forth with WR Brandon Marshall in the media earlier in the week, Marshall was able to grab 4 of 6 targets for 31 yards against Maxwell, while also drawing one penalty on the afternoon. Marshall was open a number of times, including for a TD, but Crazy Arm Fitzpatrick missed him time and again.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article113247618.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Joseph is going to say that crap because there isn't anyone else to replace him at the moment

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:22 pm

I watched the replay and maxwell was doing some serious holding on Marshall surprised they didn't call holding more than they did.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:53 pm

Maxwell is always holding on to someone. He just need to become dead weight and be released

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:31 pm

If he's gonna respond with a game like today, hell he might keep his job.

See what real "competition" can do for a team?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Gase is officially the Anti-Philbin. His coaching balls dropped today.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:36 am

Maxwell was awful yesterday...the INT was huge, but other than that one play he was getting beat and holding all game.

The secondary got torched much of the day by a practice-squad level receiving corps.  Fortunately, those same receivers were running the wrong routes all game and that (along with the pass rush) helped the Phins get a bunch of INTs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:44 am

Miami cause a lot of pressure on Rivers those plays as well. A lot of those INT's was on the DL.

For Maxwell INT's that was all Rivers. That ball cam out his hands funny and it was very short or over the head.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Maxwell git that interception by being out of position too.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down