The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 13 thoughts: Cards at Dolphins

+4
Degarmo
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game 13 thoughts: Cards at Dolphins - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 13 thoughts: Cards at Dolphins

Post by JMP Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 am

mercury22nathan wrote:oh, one last thing i forgot to mention about this game.

with the Phins at 2nd and goal on the 3 yard line with 10 seconds left (and after having just lost 2 yards from the 1 yard line), did anyone else almost crap their pants when Williams was initially stopped only to have him then try and loop around back into the oncoming defense and almost expire the clock before Miami got a chance to call a timeout?  i was screaming at the TV.  i get that the conditions were not great for a FG, even that close, but don't ya think maybe if his initial surge was stopped, Williams should've just gone down considering the dwindling clock?

Yep...I definitely should have mentioned that sooner.  It was a nail-biting moment for sure.

That play just highlights a total lack of situational awareness on Williams' part - but also the coaching staff, who should have made all the players aware of the situation before running that play.  It was a questionable call to begin with, given how little time was left on the clock.

I also found it interesting that they chose to hand the ball off to Williams in that situation, rather than Ajayi.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2