The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does JEGnj Have A Point???

+5
CarsonChris
JEGnj
Degarmo
Umix10
DolFan 316
9 posters

Go down

Does JEGnj Have A Point???  Empty Does JEGnj Have A Point???

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:31 am

Tannehill never threw for 4 TDs in any game this season, hmmm... scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Does JEGnj Have A Point???  Empty Re: Does JEGnj Have A Point???

Post by Umix10 Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:44 am

Tannehill's careers numbers has as much to do with the running game and Ajayi than anything else.  Moore took over a team that was known for running Ajayi down it's throat.  

Enter Matt Moore....not only did Gase try to establish the run but IMHO he stuck to the gameplan the same as if Tannehill was the QB.  I don't know about anyone else but, I saw a poised, comfortable, commanded performance by Moore.  I saw grit, I saw arm strength(except the INT), I saw protection changes, I saw intangibles.  Not saying that Moore is the next messiah but, He exceeded all expectations TONIGHT!

Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:37 am

I may have to take a break for awhile if we're going to start this nonsense Razz

Moore played a great game, against a shit team. I'm very happy for him.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:53 am

Degarmo wrote:I may have to take a break for awhile if we're going to start this nonsense Razz

No you won't, you're enjoying the ride as much as anybody Razz Very Happy

But seriously, Moore just had the best game of his ENTIRE CAREER. Against a team and in a situation in which the Fins blow it 95% of the time.

Kinda puts that whole "they're doomed without Tannehill" thing in perspective.

If a team is getting average QB play from the starter and winning, then it logically follows that all the backup needs to do is be average for the winning to continue. And Moore was better than average tonight it seems.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:36 am

Two totally different QBs. Tannehill has legs and can run. Moore has more field presence and a better arm.
Tennehill has played average at best for 5 years and the win streak came against bad teams and Ajayi running. Moore came in with 5 years of rust and played a great game.
The big difference like I always say. Good QBs play good all game and you can count the bad plays. Moore played that way. With Tanny most of his plays are bad and you can count the good ones.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:47 am

I thought Moore deserved a shot as the starter after the stretch he had in 2011. Looked to be the better qb and the player the team rallied around. Tannehill has changed a lot this year. I see him get fired up. Not so robotic.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:07 am

Moore could have easily had 5 INT's tonight. That being said, I enjoyed watching him play. Did he sign a one or two year deal?

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am

Birdmond wrote:Moore could have easily had 5 INT's tonight. That being said, I enjoyed watching him play.  Did he sign a one or two year deal?

I don't know. What I do know is that you said the Fins would lose out after the Ravens game Razz Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:52 am

Moore has always been capable of playing strongly for short stretches.

In '11 he played very solidly in the second half of the season after the 0-7 start.

He also played excellent football in the final 3 games of '09.

Both times he took over for an injured/ineffective starter. Both times the season had already been lost.

He was lousy in '10 opening the season as the starter.

This though is more challenging than any of those situations. There's something to play for. Moore has never been in the situation of taking over a playoff contender due to injury. He passed the first test really well.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:53 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Birdmond wrote:Moore could have easily had 5 INT's tonight. That being said, I enjoyed watching him play.  Did he sign a one or two year deal?

I don't know. What I do know is that you said the Fins would lose out after the Ravens game Razz Laughing

Happy to be wrong!

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Moore showed that he could handle a simple gameplan with minimal pressure, and a defense that gave him short fields all night - against an opposing team that had zero offense. That's great - but things may not be so perfect for him the next two games. And all the poor throws he made last night could end up as INTs the next two games. I still have very little faith that he can win either of these games, but we'll see...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:58 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Kinda puts that whole "they're doomed without Tannehill" thing in perspective.

I'd hold off on that till we see how Moore performs against the Bills and Patriots.  I have a feeling things won't be quite as easy as they were against the Jets.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:33 am

Perhaps we're in a win-win situation?

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 am

I'm happy to see the team get 9 wins, and turn in our first winning record in 8 years.

I don't dare hope for a playoff berth, I feel like it's too much to ask. I'd feel a hell of a lot better if we could still run the ball, but we've been winning with the passing game and it makes me nervous. Especially in nasty Buffalo weather.

Hope I'm wrong. This team has been proving me wrong all season, so there's that.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:23 am

white1 wrote:I'm happy to see the team get 9 wins, and turn in our first winning record in 8 years.

I don't dare hope for a playoff berth, I feel like it's too much to ask.  I'd feel a hell of a lot better if we could still run the ball, but we've been winning with the passing game and it makes me nervous.  Especially in nasty Buffalo weather.

Hope I'm wrong.  This team has been proving me wrong all season, so there's that.

Yep, I'm on the same page for sure.

It would be great to get some playoff experience, but this season has already been a success.  Finally having a real coaching staff in place is the most important thing, and provides hope for the future regardless of what happens the next two weeks.  I'll be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs, but the future of the Dolphins FINALLY looks bright.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:31 am

Yep, I'm on the same page for sure.

It would be great to get some playoff experience, but this season has already been a success. Finally having a real coaching staff in place is the most important thing, and provides hope for the future regardless of what happens the next two weeks. I'll be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs, but the future of the Dolphins FINALLY looks bright.

LOL! I wrote virtually the same post in parallel, in the other thread.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:01 am

Does JEGnj Have A Point???  677a5a2eb379a120c7e1db468677fb4c2b8b1222739c0d749c7aa7d5fcf5a0df

LOL Just kidding...couldn't pass up a chance to post a Futurama meme!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Degarmo wrote:Perhaps we're in a win-win situation?

I see what you did there Smile Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:14 pm

JMP wrote:LOL Just kidding...couldn't pass up a chance to post a Futurama meme!

Wait...what?!?! Someone else here watches Futurama?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seriously the GF and I watch it whenever it's on around 5 PM on weeknights. She likes it even more than I do Laughing And I always liked it way more than Family Guy, which IMO turned into a really crass far left propaganda show.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:18 pm

white1 wrote:I don't dare hope for a playoff berth, I feel like it's too much to ask.

Um...aren;t you supposed to be the resident optimist around here? scratch

I seem to recall a lot of so-called 'positive" posters (not you) expressing the same thoughts back in '08 (I'm just happy with a winning season, etc.) And here's what I say.

SCREW THAT SHIT!!! I WANT A PLAYOFF SPOT AND I WANT IT NOW OR I RIOT!!!

Hey, it works when millennials do it, right?

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:15 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:LOL Just kidding...couldn't pass up a chance to post a Futurama meme!

Wait...what?!?! Someone else here watches Futurama?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seriously the GF and I watch it whenever it's on around 5 PM on weeknights. She likes it even more than I do Laughing And I always liked it way more than Family Guy, which IMO turned into a really crass far left propaganda show.

Futurama rules! I've been watching it since it first aired...one of my favorites. I love Family Guy too, but yeah, the political propaganda does get annoying sometimes.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:19 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
white1 wrote:I don't dare hope for a playoff berth, I feel like it's too much to ask.

Um...aren;t you supposed to be the resident optimist around here? scratch

I seem to recall a lot of so-called 'positive" posters (not you) expressing the same thoughts back in '08 (I'm just happy with a winning season, etc.) And you know what I say?

SCREW THAT SHIT!!! I WANT A PLAYOFF SPOT AND I WANT IT NOW OR I RIOT!!!

Hey, it works when millennials do it, right?

Normally, I agree. But I feel like I'm playing with house money at this point. I've doubted this Dolphins team almost every step of the way. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon now only to get crushed again when they lose. Sooner or later this crappy roster is going to catch up with them - and I think it's going to happen against the Bills. I refuse to believe the Phins are going to make the playoffs. I'm not going down that road again, not this season. If they prove me wrong - great. Otherwise, I'm just happy that we seem to have a bright future ahead of us.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down